+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff never fail to amaze me. That just takes the biscuit.

Re: Cardiff never fail to amaze me. That just takes the biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Of course. Have I suggested differently?

Odd line of attack by Wales Bales. You are one of the more astute posters on here.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I did wonder a while back whether you were a WUM.
    Either my suspicions are confirmed or you are a complete eejit.

I shall give you the benefit of the doubt about the former and just say that a perfect penalty is one that gets the scoreboard ticking over!

FFS
    Just watch the replay, a centimeter lower and the ball would have bounced on the other side of the goal line. I didn't say it was a perfect penalty, I said it was a good one. Hoilett was unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm with you, I don't think we played well at all and Wolves were comfortable most of the night, then, as is their wont, they lost their discipline in added time and we weren't good enough to take advantage - Wolves weren't brilliant, but the only composure on show tonight came from them.
    Why do you think Wolves were poor ?

It's because the way we set up dragged them into a battle. One which we had the upper hand on until around the 60th minute when they seemed to take a grip.

After that we had to push forward and they picked us off on the break.

Given the players they had we did well today and deserved a point, which is more than I could say about Monday when we didnt

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Odd line of attack by Wales Bales. You are one of the more astute posters on here.
    Not really, I said we need to beat Wolves & Villa and Eric disagreed. We may still beat Villa and/or Fulham may drop some points, but I still stand by initial statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Just watch the replay, a centimeter lower and the ball would have bounced on the other side of the goal line. I didn't say it was a perfect penalty, I said it was a good one. Hoilett was unlucky.
    How on earth can a penalty which doesn't end up in the back of the net be a good penalty? It can be a decent penalty and the goalkeeper makes a great save, but good? The stats for penalties scored as opposed to missed tell you that the odds greatly favour the penalty taker and on those relatively rare occasions when one is missed, then the taker cannot be congratulated for taking a good penalty!

How on earth can a penalty which doesn't end up in the back of the net be a good penalty? It can be a decent penalty and the goalkeeper makes a great save, but good? The stats for penalties scored as opposed to missed tell you that the odds greatly favour the penalty taker and on those relatively rare occasions when one is missed, then the taker cannot be congratulated for taking a good penalty!
    It was a better penalty that Madine's, which the keeper saved.

Not really, I said we need to beat Wolves & Villa and Eric disagreed. We may still beat Villa and/or Fulham may drop some points, but I still stand by initial statement.
    You've turned that into me suggesting that it's ok if we lose to Wolves and Villa, which I've never said.

I still disagree with your view that we need to beat Wolves and Villa. It would have been a major advantage to have won both, even 1 win would be great. Even if we lost both we still have our destiny in our own hands, even if losing two is not ideal. Nowhere have I suggested losing both would be fine.

Your suggestion, by saying we need to win both, that only 1 win would not suffice is bollocks.

Not really, both were woeful but least Madine's was on target !

Really? Hoilett could have taken exactly the same penalty 100 times and it would never be a goal, at least with Madine it would have ended up in the net, say, a third of the time because of the keeper diving the wrong way, but are you really wanting to go down the route of arguing which one out of the two (that's two!) of our players who missed from the spot took the best penalty - they were both hopeless efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You've turned that into me suggesting that it's ok if we lose to Wolves and Villa, which I've never said.

I still disagree with your view that we need to beat Wolves and Villa. It would have been a major advantage to have won both, even 1 win would be great. Even if we lost both we still have our destiny in our own hands, even if losing two is not ideal. Nowhere have I suggested losing both would be fine.

Your suggestion, by saying we need to win both, that only 1 win would not suffice is bollocks.
    If we managed to beat did Wolves and Villa, then we wouldn't be having this conversation, everybody would be smiling

If we managed to beat did Wolves and Villa, then we wouldn't be having this conversation, everybody would be smiling
    We wouldn't have been having it had you not been so keen on wanting to have a pop at me.

Really? Hoilett could have taken exactly the same penalty 100 times and it would never be a goal, at least with Madine it would have ended up in the net, say, a third of the time because of the keeper diving the wrong way, but are you really wanting to go down the route of arguing which one out of the two (that's two!) of our players who missed from the spot took the best penalty - they were both hopeless efforts!
    Quite agree, 2 poor penalties but if you don't hit the target then you've got no chance of scoring!

Hoilett took a great penalty, he was unlucky.
    Get back to the politics forum where you can talk complete bollocks and no one notices

How can a penalty missed be better than a penalty saved?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How can a penalty missed be better than a penalty saved?
    You could see Madine's penalty was going to be saved as soon as he kicked it. Hoilett beat the keeper, and if the ball went one centimeter lower we would be talking about it for years to come.

You could see Madine's penalty was going to be saved as soon as he kicked it. Hoilett beat the keeper, and if the ball went one centimeter lower we would be talking about it for years to come.
    Oh don't worry, we'll be talking about both penalties for years to come .

Oh don't worry, we'll be talking about both penalties for years to come .
    Oh god
    Please no

But it didn't. It missed the target.

At least Madine's penalty required action from the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But it didn't. It missed the target.

At least Madine's penalty required action from the keeper.
    Why you bother, dont worry be happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Why you bother, dont worry be happy...
    Easier said than done tonight. Let's see where we are at quarter to five tomorrow.

I thought Chris waddles pelanty in Italia 90 was a cracker, the keeper didn't get near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I actually saw Whitts have a penalty saved by Ruddy. It's the only one I remember him not scoring from
    You couldn't have been at Palace then

It hit the underside of the crossbar, you are talking a very tiny margin of error here.
    It missed the target

A centimeter lower and it would have been in. I think Hoilett did the right thing going high, as their keeper was good on the ground if he guessed right. I would have certainly gone above the keeper in the same situation.
    I agree about going high but he kicked it TOO high

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Do me a favour!