+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff never fail to amaze me. That just takes the biscuit.

Re: Cardiff never fail to amaze me. That just takes the biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What are you talking about - Gomes blanked him at the end of the match - very disrespectful. Warnock understandably was upset.
    Warnock should rise above it been in the game 50 years.....pre-match he says about Morrison's language on whatsapp and he's being foul mouthed in front of the camaras tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Not a disgrace. They didn’t mean to miss. You need to back them and all your players over the next month. Back to them to the hilt.
    Well said Pearcey3.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Warnock should rise above it been in the game 50 years.....pre-match he says about Morrison's language on whatsapp and he's being foul mouthed in front of the camaras tonight.
    It's an emotional game, let's not be too precious about a few swear words.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Did we miss Whitts there....
    I actually saw Whitts have a penalty saved by Ruddy. It's the only one I remember him not scoring from

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Not a disgrace. They didn’t mean to miss. You need to back them and all your players over the next month. Back to them to the hilt.
    Absolutely.
    And we will. Next game Villa away. City sell out and on to the next drama.

Pressure?

Not at all. Pressure is what the bottom 6 are facing.

Not is

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    A great penalty?..he missed the target ffs!
    FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Hoilett took a great penalty, he was unlucky.
    I did wonder a while back whether you were a WUM.
    Either my suspicions are confirmed or you are a complete eejit.

I shall give you the benefit of the doubt about the former and just say that a perfect penalty is one that gets the scoreboard ticking over!

FFS

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Too much will be made of the penalties but I am disappointed in the performance beforehand. Maybe we are managing three big games in just over a week (3 points against Villa and we're in a good position again) but I think 3 players did well today (Etheridge, Bennet, Bamba) and rest (including Warnock) can't say they performed .

I don't want to be too negative because we've done so well over the season so far and are still in a strong position, but that was gutting.
    Really ?

We were a gnats cock away from a point against a top side.

We played better than we did on Monday and created as many chances as they did.

No disgrace today and I'm fully expecting another close encounter on Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I thought Warnock let himself down tonight if I’m honest.
    Had one of our players scored a penalty, we would have been positive about the result and manager. Just one of those days at the office I reckon. First one since New years day (13 weeks), against the only team above us. Disappointing and frustrating as it is/was. We are still in a good position, and we shouldn't be talking about anyone letting anyone down just yet, if at all.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's an emotional game, let's not be too precious about a few swear words.
    That’s probably what Morrison said 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Really ?

Eric the Bee said we can lose against Wolves and Villa and everything will be ok, so believe in the Bee!
    You're more interested in turning this promotion challenge into a personal battle. If that really is your intention, winning some messageboard debate is really more important, then you're a cockwomble.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    A great penalty?..he missed the target ffs!
    It hit the underside of the crossbar, you are talking a very tiny margin of error here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You're more interested in turning this promotion challenge into a personal battle. If that really is your intention, winning some messageboard debate is really more important, then you're a cockwomble.
    We have to stand by our predictions if we are willing to put ourselves on the record Eric

It hit the underside of the crossbar, you are talking a very tiny margin of error here.
    Jursset... quick where are you??... we've just found somebody even stoopider than yow!

We have to stand by our opinions Eric
    What I don't get is that one of your first thoughts is to have a pop at me now we've lost. It's clear you're wanting to take this personally. I couldn't give a rat's arse. Like I said, if some messageboard debate is more important to you, then you're a cockwomble and keep proving yourself to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    I personally was disappointed by how we played. Especially in the 2nd half, we never really got going.
    We won two penalties and were pushing them back FFS

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Jursset... quick where are you??... we've just found somebody even stoopider than yow!
    A centimeter lower and it would have been in. I think Hoilett did the right thing going high, as their keeper was good on the ground if he guessed right. I would have certainly gone above the keeper in the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Really ?

It's right to strike the tone you have managed because there were good moments tonight and none more important, potentially, than crowd staying with the players even after the final whistle. We are still in a strong position and despite the gutting performance tonight nothing will make our advantage disappear quicker than over-reacting to tonight. Like I said, it could easily be about managing a tough run in the best way and three points against Villa puts us in a very strong position again.

However, if you wanted to talk about tonight's game honestly then I think you have to be disappointed with the performance. Their keeper had one save to make, our midfield made it seem they had more ment on the pitch that us and while I accept Peltier is not a ball-playing full-back who will look to hit it long I cannot accept that he did so tonight when Zohore was blatantly not ready to compete for the ball. It was a bad night and we go again on Monday, but it was a bad night.

What I don't get is that one of your first thoughts is to have a pop at me now we've lost. It's clear you're wanting to take this personally. I couldn't give a rat's arse. Like I said, if some messageboard debate is more important to you, then you're a cockwomble and keep proving yourself to be so.
    Just stand by your words like a man. With a bit of luck Fulham will drop some points and you will be redeemed, even if it was a daft thing to say in the first place

A centimeter lower and it would have been in. I think Hoilett did the right thing going high, as their keeper was good on the ground if he guessed right. I would have certainly gone above the keeper in the same situation.
    It was certainly unstoppable. It reminded me of a couple of our penalties in the league cup final, where players tried to be too precise.

Just stand by your words like a man. With a bit of luck Fulham will drop some points and you will be redeemed, even if it was a daft thing to say in the first place
    Say what? Please show me.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's right to strike the tone you have managed because there were good moments tonight and none more important, potentially, than crowd staying with the players even after the final whistle. We are still in a strong position and despite the gutting performance tonight nothing will make our advantage disappear quicker than over-reacting to tonight. Like I said, it could easily be about managing a tough run in the best way and three points against Villa puts us in a very strong position again.

However, if you wanted to talk about tonight's game honestly then I think you have to be disappointed with the performance. Their keeper had one save to make, our midfield made it seem they had more ment on the pitch that us and while I accept Peltier is not a ball-playing full-back who will look to hit it long I cannot accept that he did so tonight when Zohore was blatantly not ready to compete for the ball. It was a bad night and we go again on Monday, but it was a bad night.
    I'm with you, I don't think we played well at all and Wolves were comfortable most of the night, then, as is their wont, they lost their discipline in added time and we weren't good enough to take advantage - Wolves weren't brilliant, but the only composure on show tonight came from them.

Say what? Please show me.
    If we lose against Villa, and Fulham win both of their games, it's not going to be an easy ride to gain automatic promotion.

If we lose against Villa, and Fulham win both of their games, it's not going to be an easy ride to gain automatic promotion.
    Of course. Have I suggested differently?