+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

Re: Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Train ticket was harsh

Bethandmattsgrampy could give him a lift in his Volvo
    Whatever happened to him? Didn't he want to be tans free chauffeur?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    To Bobby Dandruff and TOBW

Your responses to my posts have included such comments as "over the top" "censoring" "weird" "comical" etc etc.

In response

1. Aren't I allowed to comment if I feel that some things said about players are mistimed without being over the top

2. What part of "Of course players are not beyond criticism" which I made in one of my earliest posts in this thread do you really both not understand?
    No answer came the stern reply!!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You obviously werent watching or were too pissed to concentrate. It was a good penalty, on target and low towards the corner and the goalie pulled off a very good save. The ball was actually almost behind him but he somehow got his hand to it. I suggest you watch the replay. Hoiletts was off target but you dont mention that one. Get off his back.
    ’It was a good penalty’ 🤨 😱😱🙄

That statement emphatically concludes this thread. Thanks goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ’It was a good penalty’ 🤨 😱😱🙄

That statement emphatically concludes this thread. Thanks goodness.
    Not really.

Neither you or TOBW have responded to my questions above.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Not really.

Neither you or TOBW have responded to my questions above.
    I've only just seen this and will attempt to answer because it seems to be causing you some agitation that Bobby or I had not done so yet.

I'm at the disadvantage that I still haven't seen any of the Villa game, but I must say it's odd when you compare the reaction to our loss there with the one four days earlier following the Wolves match. Then, and in a complete contradiction to what has been the norm on here for the couple of decades I've been using the board, anyone voicing any criticism, sometimes pretty mild, of a City player was rounded on and accused of disloyalty by some.

By the standards sometimes seen on here down the years, Gary Madine has had a very gentle ride of it when you consider that's he's an expensive striker who has still not scored for us after signing in January - not only that, he was one of two players who failed in what could be season defining moments late on against Wolves and I go back to the Burton game when he really should, at the very least, have scored his first goal for us considering the number of decent to good chances he had when he came on.

Given that he has been injured for some of his time and hasn't had as much game time as I would have expected him to, I wouldn't have come out as strongly against him as some did after the Wolves match. however, I have to repeat that, based on what I've seen so far, Madine is not justifying his fee (even if it is at the lower end of the estimates we've seen) and it's hard to see signs that he is going to bring much to us when he starts to get more time on the pitch - it would be wrong to hold him solely responsible for this, but, from memory, most of our best chances on Tuesday came before he was brought on didn't they?

By total contrast to what happened after the Wolves game, it seemed to be open season on the team and individuals within it after the Villa game. As I said earlier, I can't comment about that much, but I was struck by how many had abandoned the policy of not criticising the team while they are in the hunt for automatic promotion. Aron Gunnarsson may have been as bad as many are saying he was, but its amazing how people's opinion of him has changed in the fortnight since he played very well for twenty odd minutes after coming on against Burton after an absence of nearly five months - this is the man who is our longest serving senior player in terms of when he made his debut for us and, in my opinion, has played far, far more good games than bad for us in the nearly seven years since he signed, yet he's getting slaughtered by some of our supporters - I find the criticism of him since Tuesday a lot stranger than I did the stuff aimed at Madine by a small minority after the Wolves match.

It's very simple. On the basis of the last two games, our midfield has been swamped. There was a crying need for a mobile, energetic midfielder like Bryson or Damour in place of Gunnars. And Ralls is head and shoulders above him.

If (BIG 'IF') we ascend to the promised Land which is the Premiership, Gunnars should be granted his apparent wish to go. He has been found out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've only just seen this and will attempt to answer because it seems to be causing you some agitation that Bobby or I had not done so yet.

I'm at the disadvantage that I still haven't seen any of the Villa game, but I must say it's odd when you compare the reaction to our loss there with the one four days earlier following the Wolves match. Then, and in a complete contradiction to what has been the norm on here for the couple of decades I've been using the board, anyone voicing any criticism, sometimes pretty mild, of a City player was rounded on and accused of disloyalty by some.

By the standards sometimes seen on here down the years, Gary Madine has had a very gentle ride of it when you consider that's he's an expensive striker who has still not scored for us after signing in January - not only that, he was one of two players who failed in what could be season defining moments late on against Wolves and I go back to the Burton game when he really should, at the very least, have scored his first goal for us considering the number of decent to good chances he had when he came on.

Given that he has been injured for some of his time and hasn't had as much game time as I would have expected him to, I wouldn't have come out as strongly against him as some did after the Wolves match. however, I have to repeat that, based on what I've seen so far, Madine is not justifying his fee (even if it is at the lower end of the estimates we've seen) and it's hard to see signs that he is going to bring much to us when he starts to get more time on the pitch - it would be wrong to hold him solely responsible for this, but, from memory, most of our best chances on Tuesday came before he was brought on didn't they?

By total contrast to what happened after the Wolves game, it seemed to be open season on the team and individuals within it after the Villa game. As I said earlier, I can't comment about that much, but I was struck by how many had abandoned the policy of not criticising the team while they are in the hunt for automatic promotion. Aron Gunnarsson may have been as bad as many are saying he was, but its amazing how people's opinion of him has changed in the fortnight since he played very well for twenty odd minutes after coming on against Burton after an absence of nearly five months - this is the man who is our longest serving senior player in terms of when he made his debut for us and, in my opinion, has played far, far more good games than bad for us in the nearly seven years since he signed, yet he's getting slaughtered by some of our supporters - I find the criticism of him since Tuesday a lot stranger than I did the stuff aimed at Madine by a small minority after the Wolves match.
    And here you go again Bob saying I am agitated for no good reason ( I'd hardly call one light hearted reminder and a post querying why a poster was declaring a thread closed when he hadn't answered a perfectly reasonable query agitated!)

And talk about over the top!

As I thought I had now made clear twice I wasn't saying players are beyond criticising.

I was commenting on the criticism of his penalty taking at that particular time not his overall play.

I have not seen enough of that because as you should know from my posts in the past I don't go to games because I care for my disabled wife full time.

Haven't even seen much of the live games on Sky because I have been in hospital (UHW)
    and the Sky go reception has been poor

So your well written piece above was wasted on me.

I don' t actually disagree with most it and it didn't really answer my 2 questions anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Listen buster, you've had a pop at me for three consecutive posts. Grow up. My views of players are my views, it's as simple as that. If you disagree, disagree, but don't get personal. OK ?
    So you are allowed to have an opinion, but nobody can get personal with you, yet when somebody else has an opinion that you don't like you get personal with them. Nice!

If Russel Slade had paid 6m for this donkey there would be holy hell to play.

Absolute garbage.

Absolute garbage.
    It's alright, we could have signed Grabban and he's only scored 7 in 13 for Villa.

Gary Madine will score an extra time winner in the playoff final.

Absolute garbage.

If Neil Warnock had paid anything like £6m for him he too should be getting a lot of stick for it , but the fact is the up front fee was less than £2m , with the rest being based on goals (so no extra cost there then yet) and promotion (would be happy to pay it if it happens).

Just to clarify , I have also been unimpressed with Madine to date .

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    If Neil Warnock had paid anything like £6m for him he too should be getting a lot of stick for it , but the fact is the up front fee was less than £2m , with the rest being based on goals (so no extra cost there then yet) and promotion (would be happy to pay it if it happens).

Keith, bearing in mind Neil Warnock's comments about Zohore not being booked enough, can you confirm whether Madine is on a foul bonus or not? Do we have to pay Bolton a bit more every time he gets yellow carded?

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post

If the rest of the money is indeed based on goals then we have little to worry about- financially anyway.