+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

Re: Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You obviously werent watching or were too pissed to concentrate. It was a good penalty, on target and low towards the corner and the goalie pulled off a very good save. The ball was actually almost behind him but he somehow got his hand to it. I suggest you watch the replay. Hoiletts was off target but you dont mention that one. Get off his back.
    I for one want to stay on his back.

Madine's rubbish.

And his missed penalty has nothing to do with this judgement. It's down to his stats: goals; assists; passing success and directed headers.

You obviously werent watching or were too pissed to concentrate. It was a good penalty, on target and low towards the corner and the goalie pulled off a very good save. The ball was actually almost behind him but he somehow got his hand to it. I suggest you watch the replay. Hoiletts was off target but you dont mention that one. Get off his back.
    But what about the run up? When I saw how close he was to the ball before taking it, I knew he wouldn't score it. It was a decent save though, but Madine should've wellied it.

I'm not usually in the business of slagging off players, and I know some are still emotional after a disappointing loss, but I kind of agree about Madine being a let down thus far. I was a tad pessimistic about this signing even though Warnock's record on signing players is often good, but we haven't had much of a decent return from £6 million.

Still, I'd be more than happy for him to prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I called Madine the new Ronnie Moore after the Sheffield Utd game.......
    I spotted that he was shit at the Millwall home game

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    I spotted that he was shit at the Millwall home game
    I knew he was shit before his parents had even met each other , I know my football me

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I knew he was shit before his parents had even met each other , I know my football me
    Warm gravel?...you were lucky

Just so I can get my story right, is Gestede shit now again?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    You and AQM are normally sensible posters.

But not tonight.
    Penalties can be a lottery. Even though it was an awful spot kick - slow, just to the keeper's left - it is more for his total lack of effectiveness in matches that I criticise him. He got the 'assist' at Sheff. Utd, but rarely wins a header, has absolutely awful control, and gives away free kicks all the time, putting pressure back on the defence. IMHO he's a lower league player..

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    First sign of trouble, if you can call one loss in 14 that and I just knew some would turn on the players.
    Very very sad.

Some fans don't deserve success

Pathetic thread. OP fickle football fan in all his glory. We’re all entitled to an opinion, but fu*k me, it’s soul destroying on here at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Madine took penalties for Bolton so I fully expected him to take it.

Having missed, I assume he didn't fancy the second but, in that case, it should have been Pilkington who we know can take and score penalties.
    You assume wrong. Bamba grabbed the ball and gave it to Hoilett.

This is an attempt at humour I take it?

Why not just put your efforts into getting behind EVERY player?

I heard collective groans around me.if Bryson was near the ball last night, funnily enough the same idiots weren't cheering when he picked up a loose ball in our half before a wolves player had a run at goal, or when he chased down their defence and won the ball and created a chance, they did groan though when he couldn't reach a ball going through our midfield even though he was stretched trying to reach it. I have sections of our "fans" at times.
    No groan when Morrison carried the ball across the 18 yard box from left to right, and played the ball up the line near the ninian stand to watch it go out (I won't groan about it either as it doesn't help the players on the pitch)
    Few of them slipped or miss controlled the ball last night but only some get stick for it. Pathetic.

Glad there was a packed out canton last night they really helped our team.

Hardly any mention of Hoilett's truly dreadful penalty

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Hardly any mention of Hoilett's truly dreadful penalty
    People like Hoilett therefore he gets a free ride on his penalty miss.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Lay off Madine, at least he had the bollocks to take it
    I don’t subscribe to this “having the bollox” Professional footballer, paid thousands of pounds a week has to take a free kick from 12 yards. It’s not difficult.

Can’t chastise a player for missing a pen, better players than Madine and Hoilett have missed penalties. Even the great Peter Whittingham missed a few.

We need a result at Villa Tuesday to arrest this mini slump.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Lay off Madine, at least he had the bollocks to take it
    I don’t subscribe to this “having the bollox” notion that it’s such a daunting and scary task. Professional footballer, paid thousands of pounds a week has to take a free kick from 12 yards. It’s not difficult.

I won’t chastise a player for missing a pen though, better players than Madine and Hoilett have missed penalties. Even the great Peter Whittingham missed a few.

We need a result at Villa Tuesday to arrest this mini slump.

It was very well saved and the other very good striker missed badly .

He's no 6 million striker (if that is indeed the fee? ).

He is however dangerous , and as with the last game his on field presence was followed by much needed attacks into the oppostion penalty area, which was not happening previously in the game , when he came on , their keeper got very busy ,he's not a clever silky touch footballer ,he is more like Patterson ab effective in a raw way with good skills .

We bought him I suspect as we were outdone by agents in the transfer market ?

Perhaps Grabban, was used as bait , and he fancied a sexier English club move like Villa , was it a better bet for him only time will tell, fingers crossed its was a wrong move for him ??

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Penalties can be a lottery. Even though it was an awful spot kick - slow, just to the keeper's left - it is more for his total lack of effectiveness in matches that I criticise him. He got the 'assist' at Sheff. Utd, but rarely wins a header, has absolutely awful control, and gives away free kicks all the time, putting pressure back on the defence. IMHO he's a lower league player..
    So he didn't change our approach against Sheffield and give us a target? .

I'm off messageboards for a few days.

**** me some 'opinions' on here.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So he didn't change our approach against Sheffield and give us a target? .

I'm off messageboards for a few days.

**** me some 'opinions' on here.
    What I cannot understand is......we have a right to criticise whoever we like. You can agree or disagree. But why people seem to think that everyone is above any criticisms is beyond me.

The team have been excellent this season and many of us have commented on how far lots of players have come heaping praise upon nearly all of them, but having perspective and context is healthy (everything can't be great all of the time!)

So pointing out that some players (actually only one, maybe two) have not been up to the standard of the others, is hardly a crime!

And why do people think that this is a knee jerk reaction after the first loss in ages? I commented on how poor I thought Madine has been after the Sheffield United game. And as for hurting players' feeling as they might read this message board......

We have every right to pass comment, both good and bad, on the team and players (see Jonathan Pie!) especially those of us who have been put through the wringer over the years (last night was yet another twist on how Cardiff City can screw up).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I for one want to stay on his back.

Madine's rubbish.

And his missed penalty has nothing to do with this judgement. It's down to his stats: goals; assists; passing success and directed headers.
    Why am I not surprised by this post?. You cant wait to single out players and rubbish them. I am totally disgusted by the reaction to one defeat by the usual suspects on here. You know who you are. Most of you probably didn't even go to the game. Madine has only started three games, out if twelve played, since he came here in January and has come on as a sub five times. In those eight games we won five, drew two and only lost one (last night). He has worked hard and contributed in all the games he has been involved in. He has helped turn games on their head when he has come on, including Sheffield last Monday. You and others wouldn't know a good centre forward if he jumped up and bit you on the nose. Even if we dont win another game until May 6th, we will be in the play offs and have had an excellent season. Did you forecast that at the start of the season - no. Grow up all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    What I cannot understand is......we have a right to criticise whoever we like. You can agree or disagree. But why people seem to think that everyone is above any criticisms is beyond me.

The team have been excellent this season and many of us have commented on how far lots of players have come heaping praise upon nearly all of them, but having perspective and context is healthy (everything can't be great all of the time!)

So pointing out that some players (actually only one, maybe two) have not been up to the standard of the others, is hardly a crime!

And why do people think that this is a knee jerk reaction after the first loss in ages? I commented on how poor I thought Madine has been after the Sheffield United game. And as for hurting players' feeling as they might read this message board......

We have every right to pass comment, both good and bad, on the team and players (see Jonathan Pie!) especially those of us who have been put through the wringer over the years (last night was yet another twist on how Cardiff City can screw up).
    The trouble is - we havent 'screwed up' as you so kindly put it. Look at the table. We lost one game - first one in league since January 1st. We should have got a point and could have won. The vitriol on here from you and others is nothing short of disgraceful. Its indicative of people who cant accept defeat graciously, move on to the next game and see the wider picture.

The trouble is - we havent 'screwed up' as you so kindly put it. Look at the table. We lost one game - first one in league since January 1st. We should have got a point and could have won. The vitriol on here from you and others is nothing short of disgraceful. Its indicative of people who cant accept defeat graciously, move on to the next game and see the wider picture.

You have entirely missed my point.

Think about losing away at Preston 6-0 (I think it was), or drawing 4-4 away at Peterborough, when leading 0-4 at HT.

Cardiff City have a spectacular habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. History proves this, and last night was an even more remarkable twist.

We actually played well last night, especially in the first half, a deserved a draw, but the ineptitude shown at the end is truly embarrassing from so called professionals (manager and players btw)

We ALL make mistakes, I accept that. But the SAME mistake twice within 4 minutes!!!!

Wake up and get some perspective. It really is quite healthy.

I thought he should've taken the 2nd one tbh

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I thought he should've taken the 2nd one tbh
    Blame Bamba for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    You assume wrong. Bamba grabbed the ball and gave it to Hoilett.
    Which was a mistake and not for Bamba to decide anyway.

Hoilett is IMO our best player but should not be taking penalties. The ball ought to have been given to Pilks.

Why am I not surprised by this post?. You cant wait to single out players and rubbish them. I am totally disgusted by the reaction to one defeat by the usual suspects on here. You know who you are. Most of you probably didn't even go to the game. Even if we dont win another game until May 6th, we will be in the play offs and have had an excellent season.
    I'm appalled you don't want us to win another game - just to prove your point. And I wish I was able to get to the game - I'd be able to list in detail all of Madine's deficiencies.

I actually believe we should have kept Omar Bogle. He scored three times in 390 minutes of play. Remind me how many goals Gary's scored during his eight games for us.