+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

Re: Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

That's not really helpful, every Cardiff player still has a big part to play during the rest of our season

BTW do you think he missed on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That's not really helpful, every Cardiff player still has a big part to play during the rest of our season

BTW do you think he missed on purpose?
    No. He missed because he isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He was good enough to at least be on target, unlike Hoilett.

Agreed.

Maybe he will I’ll become good but so far Madine has been rubbish for us. And this was his big chance.

Why he he was taking it though I have no idea. I can think of a good five players that I’d chose before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agreed.

Maybe he will I’ll become good but so far Madine has been rubbish for us. And this was his big chance.

Why he he was taking it though I have no idea. I can think of a good five players that I’d chose before him.
    Not to mention Bartley......

Seriously what has he done apart from strutting round the pitch with a puffed-out chest?

Slag off Madine whilst conveniently ignoring his assist to equalise v Sheff Utd and also conveniently ignoring Hoilett's mis.

He didnt miss it - the goalie saved it and it was right in the bottom corner. Perhaps you should follow your own links advice.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He didnt miss it - the goalie saved it and it was right in the bottom corner. Perhaps you should follow your own links advice.
    Incorrect.

It it was a very poor penalty which the keeper was bound to save provided that he guessed the right way.

Nowhere near the corner and a perfect height. Rubbish.

Incorrect.

It it was a very poor penalty which the keeper was bound to save provided that he guessed the right way.

Nowhere near the corner and a perfect height. Rubbish.
    You obviously werent watching or were too pissed to concentrate. It was a good penalty, on target and low towards the corner and the goalie pulled off a very good save. The ball was actually almost behind him but he somehow got his hand to it. I suggest you watch the replay. Hoiletts was off target but you dont mention that one. Get off his back.

You obviously werent watching or were too pissed to concentrate. It was a good penalty, on target and low towards the corner and the goalie pulled off a very good save. The ball was actually almost behind him but he somehow got his hand to it. I suggest you watch the replay. Hoiletts was off target but you dont mention that one. Get off his back.
    I for one want to stay on his back.

Madine's rubbish.

And his missed penalty has nothing to do with this judgement. It's down to his stats: goals; assists; passing success and directed headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I for one want to stay on his back.

Madine's rubbish.

And his missed penalty has nothing to do with this judgement. It's down to his stats: goals; assists; passing success and directed headers.
    Why am I not surprised by this post?. You cant wait to single out players and rubbish them. I am totally disgusted by the reaction to one defeat by the usual suspects on here. You know who you are. Most of you probably didn't even go to the game. Madine has only started three games, out if twelve played, since he came here in January and has come on as a sub five times. In those eight games we won five, drew two and only lost one (last night). He has worked hard and contributed in all the games he has been involved in. He has helped turn games on their head when he has come on, including Sheffield last Monday. You and others wouldn't know a good centre forward if he jumped up and bit you on the nose. Even if we dont win another game until May 6th, we will be in the play offs and have had an excellent season. Did you forecast that at the start of the season - no. Grow up all of you.

But what about the run up? When I saw how close he was to the ball before taking it, I knew he wouldn't score it. It was a decent save though, but Madine should've wellied it.

I'm not usually in the business of slagging off players, and I know some are still emotional after a disappointing loss, but I kind of agree about Madine being a let down thus far. I was a tad pessimistic about this signing even though Warnock's record on signing players is often good, but we haven't had much of a decent return from £6 million.

Still, I'd be more than happy for him to prove me wrong

Ive just watched it again and it was nowhere near the corner, and the ball wasnt behind Ruddy either. It was a crap penalty and easily saved.

Talking absolute guff as per usual. Your insatiable quest to defend all things Cardiff City, no matter how ridiculous it makes you look, is hilarious. Youre Cardiff Citys version of Comical Ali.

ali.jpg

’It was a good penalty’ 🤨 😱😱🙄

That statement emphatically concludes this thread. Thanks goodness.

Not to mention Bartley......

Seriously what has he done apart from strutting round the pitch with a puffed-out chest?
    Who Bartley ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Who Bartley ?
    Yeah, I don’t get that either.

I agree with the part about Madine running around with his chest puffed out though. Time to play some football now.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Who Bartley ?
    You do go to games, mush?

You do go to games, mush?

The bloke dressed up as a mascot?

The bloke dressed up as a mascot?
    My but you'm quick......

.....unlike Sludge

Agreed.

You and AQM are normally sensible posters.

But not tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

But not tonight.
    We’ll have to disagree then.

Thus far Madine has been a big disappointment and him taking the penalty was clearly a mistake. No one can question the latter, even if for some reason you DO somehow think that his contribution so far has in any way represented value for money for a £6m pound striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

But not tonight.
    Penalties can be a lottery. Even though it was an awful spot kick - slow, just to the keeper's left - it is more for his total lack of effectiveness in matches that I criticise him. He got the 'assist' at Sheff. Utd, but rarely wins a header, has absolutely awful control, and gives away free kicks all the time, putting pressure back on the defence. IMHO he's a lower league player..

I'm not one to slate city players often, but in my view he has done **** all to suggest he was worth anything like the money we paid for him. He should never have taken the penalty.
    Pilks surely.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    I'm not one to slate city players often, but in my view he has done **** all to suggest he was worth anything like the money we paid for him. He should never have taken the penalty.
    Pilks surely.
    Thank you.

A sensible and measured response.