+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

Re: Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I used to respect you as a reasonable poster. Rapidly changing my mind on this thread.

Thanks for calling my post "utterly comical"

Decent of you ( if I could find a sarcasm smiley it would go here).

I'll stop there before I say something I regret.
    I'm sorry for you in that case.

I read each post on it's merits (I just ignore the silly squabbles that arise from the usual suspects).

I just cannot see how anyone can suggest 'censoring' what we say and when we say it, for whatever reason. That is precisely why I don't post on ****.

Madine has been poor since we bought him (not solely based on his penalty miss) and yet many other player have been fantastic (Etheridge - who I am happy to say I misjudged, Bamba, Ralls, Patterson etc). Should I just say nothing about the really good players either? Is that what Colin does, do you think? Never criticises, for fear of upsetting one of the players?

Just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If what you say is true, how is it that you didnt comment on anything a number of other posters said about the criticism of Madine being out if order, wrong or totally over the top ?. You obviously have a list of people you like picking arguments with. Your post about me had nothing to do with the topic but then very few of your posts ever do.
    My post to you had everything to do with the course of direction the thread had gone by the time I replied to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Presuming you are referring to me Bob how on earth can you deduce my attitude from what I said??????
    I didn't have you in mind, but your reaction has been somewhat over the top. The subject of this thread is a striker who cost us a big transfer fee (I've seen a denial from the club that it was £6 million, but the reports of a £5 million fee have not been as far as I'm aware) around ten weeks ago. Granted, he's been injured for some of that time, but he's still not scored and, against Burton in particular, missed enough presentable chances after coming off the bench to have ended up with a hat trick, he's now missed a very important penalty as well in what was City's biggest game of the season so far. As far as I can see, at the moment those who want to defend him against criticism are reduced to claiming that he's responsible for Zohore's better form and that he has an assist for our goal at Sheffield United.

Now, I'm not going to slag him off too much for missing a penalty, but I've got to be honest and say that he's not done a great deal in my eyes to show he's an improvement on the likes of Ward, Bogle or Pilkington. However, leaving my personal views to one side, is it really that much of a surprise or a disgrace that some of our supporters are looking at his contribution so far and questioning his signing? It's what's been happening on this board for decades - a new player comes in, makes a quiet start and people start saying they're not impressed.

However, unlike at other times when we have been chasing promotion down the years, there has been an attitude in this thread and in others since Friday's match that criticism of the manager, team (individually or collectively) and club is disloyal and that, somehow, us supporters will be to blame if we miss out on promotion - all of this on a board where earlier in the season you'd do well to get ten contributions to a match thread while the game was being played and a football thread on a non match day was something of a novelty.

What does that mean ?. Do you agree with the original post then ?. Not just me that thinks it was out of order - read the rest of the thread.
    Just found the hysterical nature of your response funny that's all - you're the board's very own Senator McCarthy with your "tell me, did you once or have you ever said something critical about anything or anyone to do with Cardiff City?" line of questioning.

You obviously werent watching or were too pissed to concentrate. It was a good penalty, on target and low towards the corner and the goalie pulled off a very good save. The ball was actually almost behind him but he somehow got his hand to it. I suggest you watch the replay. Hoiletts was off target but you dont mention that one. Get off his back.
    Ive just watched it again and it was nowhere near the corner, and the ball wasnt behind Ruddy either. It was a crap penalty and easily saved.

Talking absolute guff as per usual. Your insatiable quest to defend all things Cardiff City, no matter how ridiculous it makes you look, is hilarious. Youre Cardiff Citys version of Comical Ali.

ali.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

However, unlike at other times when we have been chasing promotion down the years, there has been an attitude in this thread and in others since Friday's match that criticism of the manager, team (individually or collectively) and club is disloyal and that, somehow, us supporters will be to blame if we miss out on promotion - all of this on a board where earlier in the season you'd do well to get ten contributions to a match thread while the game was being played and a football thread on a non match day was something of a novelty.
    Couldn't agree more with this, however it started before Friday as you'll see from this thread:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ight=emjayblue

I had the cheek to suggest that given their form, and the way the play Fulham could well be above us given our respective fixtures over the next three games and got slaughtered for putting forward such a viewpoint. However, to me the evidence was there all along.

Well, I guess the reality of the situation now is an eye opener for the vast majority of the posters in this thread as I suggested at the time as if we don't beat Villa tomorrow, we will indeed be in third place as I don't expect them to slip up against Reading.

There is none as blind as those that don't see.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Couldn't agree more with this, however it started before Friday as you'll see from this thread:

I had the cheek to suggest that given their form, and the way the play Fulham could well be above us given our respective fixtures over the next three games and got slaughtered for putting forward such a viewpoint. However, to me the evidence was there all along.

Well, I guess the reality of the situation now is an eye opener for the vast majority of the posters in this thread as I suggested at the time as if we don't beat Villa tomorrow, we will indeed be in third place as I don't expect them to slip up against Reading.

You seem to be almost willing a Fulham victory, and City defeat, just to be proven right

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You seem to be almost willing a Fulham victory, and City defeat, just to be proven right
    It is a fact they will win mate. Stone cold hard facts here.

Slagging him off won't help, he looked devastated on Friday, however bad we felt he'll have felt 100x worse

Criticism is fine but some of it is getting OTT in my opinion, its almost like some people on here want us/him to fail just to say "I told you so"

I for one like Madine, I think he's a decent player and has provided some decent contributions in his limited time on the pitch, he's also pushed Zohore on who's performed far better since Madine's arrival

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Slagging him off won't help, he looked devastated on Friday, however bad we felt he'll have felt 100x worse

Criticism is fine but some of it is getting OTT in my opinion, its almost like some people on here want us/him to fail just to say "I told you so"

I for one like Madine, I think he's a decent player and has provided some decent contributions in his limited time on the pitch, he's also pushed Zohore on who's performed far better since Madine's arrival
    Exactly this. I hope to god the players don't read this board. The posters doing the criticising may well call themselves fans but they certainly are NOT supporters at the moment. There is a time and a place for wholly negative criticism which is after the event and after all is lost, NOT NOW!! It's completely and utterly damaging to the cause..!

I would warrant none of these people hold management positions, if they did they'd be getting absolutely shite results.. There's a reason you won't be seeing Warnock criticising the players right now. Disappointing to see posters like TOBW join in with this conceited bullshit TBH. The lot of you having a go whilst precluding any positivity cannot call yourselves supporters at the moment and should be ashamed to join with any celebrations should we succeed. Arseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post

But they aren’t above us at the moment, and may never be this season.
    If we balls it up from now on in, then the team and management will be fair game.
    What if Madine scores a few important goals on the run in?
    I believe in getting behind the team and taking a crushing blow like Friday in our stride. As I said, if we blow it from now on in then that’s the time to let off some steam. Not now.

This team has been magnificent this season and deserve our unquestioned support until the last ball is kicked

All this I said , he said , I told you so crap is fecking pathetic and the sort of nonsense you would expect from a Liverpool fan based in Surrey

In other words a ****

Support the team full stop

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Exactly this. I hope to god the players don't read this board. The posters doing the criticising may well call themselves fans but they certainly are NOT supporters at the moment. There is a time and a place for wholly negative criticism which is after the event and after all is lost, NOT NOW!! It's completely and utterly damaging to the cause..!

I would warrant none of these people hold management positions, if they did they'd be getting absolutely shite results.. There's a reason you won't be seeing Warnock criticising the players right now. Disappointing to see posters like TOBW join in with this conceited bullshit TBH. The lot of you having a go whilst precluding any positivity cannot call yourselves supporters at the moment and should be ashamed to join with any celebrations should we succeed. Arseholes.
    The last thing I'd expect is to see Warnock criticising the players, but there is a difference between him and us and the thing I find really strange is that about 95% of the time (i.e. when we aren't coming to the end of a season where were challenging for automatic promotion) it's open house on here when it comes to slagging off our players - now, different rules seem to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The last thing I'd expect is to see Warnock criticising the players, but there is a difference between him and us and the thing I find really strange is that about 95% of the time (i.e. when we aren't coming to the end of a season where were challenging for automatic promotion) it's open house on here when it comes to slagging off our players - now, different rules seem to apply.
    Yes, different rules do very much apply right now, with good reason, can't you see that????

Whilst the penalty miss may have been the catalyst, my original post had more to do with my opinion of him as a player, from what I've seen in 6/7 matches. He doesn't win headers, he commits stupid fouls and gives away needless free kicks putting pressure back on our defence, and he looks short of pace - at least for the Championship. I'm not really sure why we bought him.

If you can't discuss your views on certain players on a message board -even if they aren't positive - then there really isn't much point in these boards at all..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Whilst the penalty miss may have been the catalyst, my original post had more to do with my opinion of him as a player, from what I've seen in 6/7 matches. He doesn't win headers, he commits stupid fouls and gives away needless free kicks putting pressure back on our defence, and he looks short of pace - at least for the Championship. I'm not really sure why we bought him.

If you can't discuss your views on certain players on a message board -even if they aren't positive - then there really isn't much point in these boards at all..
    Addressing him personally with a train ticket back to Bolton is not discussing your views and not helpful to the cause in the slightest..! Just get behind the bloody team for a few more weeks and then grace us all with your tremendous, acerbic wit.. surely it can wait?

Exactly!

But starting the thread with train for madine isn't exactly hedging your bets is it , it's an uncalled for attack on a player at a time when we all have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Exactly!
    No there is being negative , having a point of view and just being an arse

Addressing him personally with a train ticket back to Bolton is not discussing your views and not helpful to the cause in the slightest..! Just get behind the bloody team for a few more weeks and then grace us all with your tremendous, acerbic wit.. surely it can wait?
    Wasting your time mate

Nope, doesn't win headers. As shown by the Sheffield game. #Awkward

He's won plenty of headers - often with no support, no runners. To "fans" that makes it Madines fault.

Stupid fouls - he's a physical striker. He's as fouled against as he fouls often doesn't get the decisions. If you want to castigate him for stupid fouls, well what about Grujic - lacks pace, as soon as someone goes past him Grujic either tries to grab the shirt or bring them down.

Short of pace? Well, that's a valid criticism. Plenty of "slow" strikers score goals. Madine scored 10 in a poor Bolton side. Some act like he's a bum; guess Zohore et al must be really shit given we've not a single player into double figures this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No there is being negative , having a point of view and just being an arse
    You have lost me there sorry.

It's not ****ing rocket surgery mate.

Yes, different rules do very much apply right now, with good reason, can't you see that????
    No, honestly I can't - if Madine was playing in exactly the same manner and we were mid table with nothing to play for, then it would be okay to say what some are saying about him?

Suggesting Gary madine gets the train back to Bolton is not being negative , or having a point of view , it's being a complete arse