+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

Re: Gary Madine [or anyone who will see him before the morning]..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    But starting the thread with train for madine isn't exactly hedging your bets is it , it's an uncalled for attack on a player at a time when we all have to stick together
    Well said Sludge.

It was the same after Sheffield. Had the doesnt win headers then as well. Ignoring the fecking header he won to get us the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You seem to be almost willing a Fulham victory, and City defeat, just to be proven right
    Give it a rest fella, just because my viewpoint differed to yours, that's a cheap shot. I have little doubt Fulham will beat Reading but will be willing my club to victory in front of the box whilst other members of my family will be there in person at Villa Park.

Suggesting Gary madine gets the train back to Bolton is not being negative , or having a point of view , it's being a complete arse
    As a sentence, that makes it clearer.

Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    It's not ****ing rocket surgery mate.
    No it isn't.

It is poor English and grammar which has since kindly been explained by Sludge, and I have thanked him for doing so.

You may want to calm down a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Well said Sludge.

It was the same after Sheffield. Had the doesnt win headers then as well. Ignoring the fecking header he won to get us the goal.
    Players take time to settle , if anything criticism may be directed toward nw for picking gunnars who clearly isn't match fit but again what do I know about football management ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, honestly I can't - if Madine was playing in exactly the same manner and we were mid table with nothing to play for, then it would be okay to say what some are saying about him?
    Even if mid-table, it would still be a bit of an arsehole move to address that to somebody personally on a public forum, (the train thing). However, it would have zero chance of affecting anything to do with the success of the club.

As it stands, where we are, at best it adds nothing to the cause. At worst, if that post reaches the player I imagine it would cause a little resentment, I'd hope the player was professional enough to not let it bother him but there's a very small chance it causes a slight disconnect with the fans and demotivates the player.

Personally, this post by itself I doubt would have an effect, but an accumulation of these kind of posts could very well do that. It's potentially damaging at a time when we need every little tiny bit of help and positivity we can muster.. so yes, very different rules to when mid table.. again, can't believe you don't see that.

Too much importance being placed on posts on a messageboard me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I would have agreed with you at one time, but having seen several references to the players reading these messageboards then I have to now disagree. I think these boards do influence the 'real' world to some extent.

What that means in terms of posting etiquette is a different matter and I think people should post what they think. However it wouldn't hurt to tone down some of the criticism a bit no matter how bad it hurts at the time.

I'm still in slight shock from Friday but refuse to blame either player for missing their penalty, and my personal view on Madine is that I think he was an intelligent buy as he fits in perfectly to the Zohore role if needed. He also brings other attributes including, in my view, a much greater threat in the air.

I'd actually quite like to see a Madine/Pilks combination tried up front as they seem to gel quite well on the pitch.

Anyway, onwards to the Villa match. Let's see if we can get anything from a match I'm not sure I can bear to watch...

Yeah, but at least most of us are consistent with our viewpoints

I think we only win another 2. Don’t see us getting any wins from our remaining away games.(Quote)

As yours are changing day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I would have agreed with you at one time, but having seen several references to the players reading these messageboards then I have to now disagree. I think these boards do influence the 'real' world to some extent.

What that means in terms of posting etiquette is a different matter and I think people should post what they think. However it wouldn't hurt to tone down some of the criticism a bit no matter how bad it hurts at the time.

I'm still in slight shock from Friday but refuse to blame either player for missing their penalty, and my personal view on Madine is that I think he was an intelligent buy as he fits in perfectly to the Zohore role if needed. He also brings other attributes including, in my view, a much greater threat in the air.

I'd actually quite like to see a Madine/Pilks combination tried up front as they seem to gel quite well on the pitch.

Anyway, onwards to the Villa match. Let's see if we can get anything from a match I'm not sure I can bear to watch...
    Exactly. Thank you for explaining this in a calmer, more conciliatory manner than I am able to.

To Bobby Dandruff and TOBW

Your responses to my posts have included such comments as "over the top" "censoring" "weird" "comical" etc etc.

In response

1. Aren't I allowed to comment if I feel that some things said about players are mistimed without being over the top

2. What part of "Of course players are not beyond criticism" which I made in one of my earliest posts in this thread do you really both not understand?

Monkfish are you a Scouser by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post

I think we only win another 2. Don’t see us getting any wins from our remaining away games.(Quote)

That’s because I’m adapting my opinion AFTER witnessing the last 2 performances, FulhamJayBlue.

Are we not allowed to change our opinions as well now? On top of not being able to criticise players

I’ll have to try that line of attack when I’m next down the bookies.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post

My opinion of Madine hasn’t changed. I think he’s a journeyman, League 1 striker at best. If we paid 6m for him that’s 5.5m too much.

Anyone can miss a pen (although it was an awful one) but he’s shown nothing so far to suggest he’s worth anywhere near the fee we’ve paid for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

I said this to my mate the other day, I think they'd work well together

I also think Zohore could work as a winger, to me he doesn't seem to have the poacher's instinct in front of goal, I have no doubt in my mind that he would not have scored the chance Pilkington scored from against Sheffield United

Did I miss Something??

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_ex_squaddy View Post
    Did I miss Something??
    Yeah, Madine missed a pen but hit the target so he's not worthy of the shirt. Hoilett also missed and hit the cross bar but has avoided any criticism.

Apparently posting a link of a train ticket to Bolton for one of our players is normal criticism of a player that should just be accepted, and isn't overly harsh in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah, Madine missed a pen but hit the target so he's not worthy of the shirt. Hoilett also missed and hit the cross bar but has avoided any criticism.

Apparently posting a link of a train ticket to Bolton for one of our players is normal criticism of a player that should just be accepted, and isn't overly harsh in any way.
    Train ticket was harsh

Bethandmattsgrampy could give him a lift in his Volvo

Train ticket was harsh

Bethandmattsgrampy could give him a lift in his Volvo

I remember something about that poster, memory isn't too good after years of killing brain cells mind.

I remember something about that poster, memory isn't too good after years of killing brain cells mind.
    The fans had “offended” Tan and he was flying in for crunch talks. Accept the red or the moneys off the table.

He offered to go and pick Tan up from Heathrow in his Volvo

Took some stick for years.

“We want Grampy, driving around the pitch”

Was a lovely bloke but we never let him forget that one.

He offered to go and pick Tan up from Heathrow in his Volvo
    Christ

What a nice man..

Christ

What a nice man..
    He was. Really nice. Too nice for the message boards at that time

He was. Really nice. Too nice for the message boards at that time
    You can just imagine some people coming on these boards, trying to picture my gramp using one and trying to understand people taking the piss, even in a light hearted way.
    Can be harsh places if you are not accustomed to them really.
    I also remember seeing "I LIKE CARDIFF CITY AND RIDING MY BIKE" now that person could have added a bit to the place had he not been rinsed

Suggesting Gary madine gets the train back to Bolton is not being negative , or having a point of view , it's being a complete arse
    Listen buster, you've had a pop at me for three consecutive posts. Grow up. My views of players are my views, it's as simple as that. If you disagree, disagree, but don't get personal. OK ?