+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even Warnock thought the wrong plauers took the pens...

Even Warnock thought the wrong plauers took the pens...

Pilks, who is on form and taken them before and Gunnar would have been my choices.

Re: Even Warnock thought the wrong plauers took the pens...

Indeed but shit happens

I, as have many no doubt on here, been in the same situation with feck all on it and believe me, players go missing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Pilks, who is on form and taken them before and Gunnar would have been my choices.
    If Warnock thought the wrong people were taking the penalties isn't he paid to doing something imaginative like shouting from the touch line an instruction or two?

For Phucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    If Warnock thought the wrong people were taking the penalties isn't he paid to doing something imaginative like shouting from the touch line an instruction or two?

For Phucks sake.
    He said as much in his post match interview. I agree he should have taken responsibility.

Didn't Bamba take charge of the 2nd pen and hand the ball to Hoilett?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Didn't Bamba take charge of the 2nd pen and hand the ball to Hoilett?
    Bamba did indeed, but people like Bamba and Hoilett thus won't criticise them.

Presumably they wanted Warnock to have run on the pitch, chinned Bamba, stolen the ball from Hoilett and handed it over to whoever our penalty expert is.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Bamba did indeed, but people like Bamba and Hoilett thus won't criticise them.

Presumably they wanted Warnock to have run on the pitch, chinned Bamba, stolen the ball from Hoilett and handed it over to whoever our penalty expert is.
    The issue being we didn't seem to have a nominatef/chosen penalty taker is slightly concerning. Not having a dig at Warnock just seems a little strange.

The issue being we didn't seem to have a nominatef/chosen penalty taker is slightly concerning. Not having a dig at Warnock just seems a little strange.
    Our regular penalty taker is Ralls. I'd say it just shows there either aren't many options or we've too many players who would hide when it comes to taking on the responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Indeed but shit happens
    That is a silly answer.

One of the few things that you CAN actually plan for during a game is who takes free kicks, corners, penalties.

It is actually Warnock’s fault for either not having told them who was taking any penalties (surley not Madine) or letting them know from the touch line!!! (I coach my sons team and even I tell them who takes the penalties!)

As the OP says I could list five players (10 in Madine’s case) who I’d have take the penalties including Pilks, Gunnar, Bennett, Bryson.

Our regular penalty taker is Ralls. I'd say it just shows there either aren't many options or we've too many players who would hide when it comes to taking on the responsibility.
    I’m SURE that there is more than ONE penalty taker at the club!

I'm assuming that if knew Ralls was out they'd have had a plan 'B'. Madine had come on as a sub. Seems to be poor management for me or perhaps we didn't think we would be awarded a penalty?

I'm assuming that if knew Ralls was out they'd have had a plan 'B'. Madine had come on as a sub. Seems to be poor management for me or perhaps we didn't think we would be awarded a penalty?
    It's a difficult one to start blaming one person, especially the manager.

There was an occasion this year when, I think it was benteke for palace, grabbed the ball off the nominated penalty taker and missed.

Hodgson was fuming but what could he do?

These players have big egos and if the 'regular' taker is not there or the 'nominated' one doesn't fancy it or is bullied by someone who does fancy it (Madine in our case) is it better to have a stand up argument about it or let the confident one carry on?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It's a difficult one to start blaming one person, especially the manager.

There was an occasion this year when, I think it was benteke for palace, grabbed the ball off the nominated penalty taker and missed.

Hodgson was fuming but what could he do?

These players have big egos and if the 'regular' taker is not there or the 'nominated' one doesn't fancy it or is bullied by someone who does fancy it (Madine in our case) is it better to have a stand up argument about it or let the confident one carry on?
    Not blaming Warnock or any individual but it's a little strange there appeared to be no concrete plan about being awarded a penalty?

I'd like to believe the coaching and playing staff might have run through a penalty scenario during training sometime during the season. Perhaps it's timetabled for next week?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    How do you know NW said that dumb ass?

Not blaming Warnock or any individual but it's a little strange there appeared to be no concrete plan about being awarded a penalty?

I'd like to believe the coaching and playing staff might have run through a penalty scenario during training sometime during the season. Perhaps it's timetabled for next week?
    Yes, and what I am saying is that more than likely there was one... just like there was one at Crystal Palace.

That is one pressure situation and strange things happen.

Doesn't your flippant remark at the end prove that you are in fact blaming some individual(s)

I can understand Madine taking the first although Pilks was the more obvious choice and should have had the second.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes, and what I am saying is that more than likely there was one... just like there was one at Crystal Palace.

That is one pressure situation and strange things happen.

Doesn't your flippant remark at the end prove that you are in fact blaming some individual(s)
    The flippant remark was to point out they collectively hold the responsibility for not adhering to the 'plan'.

That said...

I think pilks should have taken first pen.

But as Madine missed, I'd have given him the second one. He wasn't gonna miss twice

It's unprofessional but, as usually happens, Warnock deflects blame. We are talking about a big game, one of 7 remaining, with the aim being promotion to "the best league in the world". Not having a designated penalty taker before the game kicked off is as daft as trying to take a piss without removing your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think pilks should have taken first pen.

But as Madine missed, I'd have given him the second one. He wasn't gonna miss twice
    I actually said the same to my son on the way home last night but maybe he didn't fancy it. Would still have preferred Pilkington to take them though.

Ralls is 1st choice with pens - injured

Ken is most likely 2nd- off the pitch

Madine is 3rd- took them for Bolton

Once he'd missed we were probably in uncharted waters.

I like Hoillet, he scores some beauties, but I don't see him as a natural finisher.

Someone mentioned Gunnar 😂😂- he struggles to hit a 10 yard pass, so I wouldn't go for him either

Pilks, probably yes, however he's missed some easy ones and as Warnock said... one or 2 didn't want it.

Bennett would be another good choice as he's got very good technique, but maybe he didn't fancy it too. These lads are skilful and well paid, but are still human. It's hard enough watching it.

I can't blame them, for not wanting to take them... I hated taking them. Just used to look at both corners, pick a spot and hit it.

Gut wrenching when the keeper saved it.

Difficult not to, but we need to move on from this now and not dwell on it.
    Just learn from it and maybe plan a bit better for next time.

Gutted, but up for the fight.
    I'm sure the players can't wait for Villa now

Did anyone of them not learn anything watching Peter Whittingham??? 😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Did anyone of them not learn anything watching Peter Whittingham??? 😃😃
    Rudd saved Whittinghams penalty at Norwich.

Bamba should have taken it, the guy didn’t do much wrong all night. Without him there we would have lost by more.