+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Gary Maxine the new Ronnie Moore - part II

Is Gary Maxine the new Ronnie Moore - part II

‘Leading the line’? ‘Winning headers’?

I’ll say it again. Not good enough especially for £6m.

He needs to improve. A lot.

Re: Is Gary Maxine the new Ronnie Moore - part II

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ‘Leading the line’? ‘Winning headers’?

I’ll say it again. Not good enough especially for £6m.

He needs to improve. A lot.

ffs. It was only £5m!

No, it was £2m rising to £6m if we promote...

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    ffs. It was only £5m!
    That actually cheered me up. A bit.

Thanks ��

He is a puffed-up statuesque statue of a player.

It takes time for a player to settle at a club

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It takes time for a player to settle at a club
    No it doesn’t.

Some player arrive and have an instant impact, some take a while and some are just rubbish.

At the moment Madine for me is in the second or third category.

Didn't win a header tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    No it doesn’t.

Some player arrive and have an instant impact, some take a while and some are just rubbish.

At the moment Madine for me is in the second or third category.
    Well give him some support and he may be a success

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Didn't win a header tonight
    But he did on Monday - the assist for Pilks' goal.

But he did on Monday - the assist for Pilks' goal.
    Yes fantastic but awful tonight when he actually mattered

I thought we were more of a threat when he and Pilks came on we won two pens ffs, Zohore was not physical enough he just kept falling down. However Madines penalty was hopeless, Pilks should have taken both?

We know the staff and players read messageboards, so let's not attack our own players for a few mistakes in a very difficult game.

Gary Madine could be anything - we don't know yet. He's not played enough for us. Some things he's done since he signed have been very good - including getting Ken fired up again (although neither will look back on tonight as their finest hours).

This squad/team have been brilliant almost all season and now need to be back to their best and confident for the last 6 games. Let's keep off their backs and back them!

(But Gary Maxine is as bad as Roxie Moore!)

We know the staff and players read messageboards, so let's not attack our own players for a few mistakes in a very difficult game.

Gary Madine could be anything - we don't know yet. He's not played enough for us. Some things he's done since he signed have been very good - including getting Ken fired up again (although neither will look back on tonight as their finest hours).

This squad/team have been brilliant almost all season and now need to be back to their best and confident for the last 6 games. Let's keep off their backs and back them!

Roxie Moore - lol ;-)

Someone who play like someone who justifies what is a very big fee by our standards for a start. I take your point about it being early to judge him too severely, but, honestly, I've not seen much to justify that sort of fee so far.

Still not sure what to make of Madine, he was ineffective tonight but then so was Zohore (who didn't seem up for it).

It was a really poor penalty and not struck with any confidence. Don't know why Hoilett had the second....should have been Pilks

Ten goals in a struggling Bolton side is no mean feat. I'll trust Warnock's opinion over a bunch of message board posters.

He hasn't had a full run with us yet, as we'd been doing great as it was. I am confident he will chip in with a few goals on our run in.

He changed the game at Ipswich when he came on and also won us the point at Sheffield.

He's a handful who wins far more in the air than Zohore and is one of the reasons we finish games strongly.

I also disagree that he won nothing when he came on, he won a fair few balls and some in the box too, somewhere where up until then only Morrison had managed.

The fee is not down to him.

Unfair to use that to criticise him when he's doing his job, just because a big fee was reported ( and apparently only a fraction of it will be paid unless we go up)

His penalty was on target in the corner and 7 times out of 10 was in. Even so , it's just one moment.

We are going to need him in the next few weeks, as Ken can't do it all on his own, so let's get behind him and support him like Supporters do.

I see some clubs where 'average' players do well ( Preston, Millwall) and wonder 'is it because the fans get behind them and make them feel welcome, they can relax, but also really want to repay the faith'

Then others, like Leeds ( and a few other so-called big clubs) where players are built up and then knocked down and discarded after one or 2 poor games.

Let's be more Millwall and Preston and less Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He changed the game at Ipswich when he came on and also won us the point at Sheffield.

He's a handful who wins far more in the air than Zohore and is one of the reasons we finish games strongly.

I also disagree that he won nothing when he came on, he won a fair few balls and some in the box too, somewhere where up until then only Morrison had managed.

The fee is not down to him.

Unfair to use that to criticise him when he's doing his job, just because a big fee was reported ( and apparently only a fraction of it will be paid unless we go up)

His penalty was on target in the corner and 7 times out of 10 was in. Even so , it's just one moment.

We are going to need him in the next few weeks, as Ken can't do it all on his own, so let's get behind him and support him like Supporters do.

I see some clubs where 'average' players do well ( Preston, Millwall) and wonder 'is it because the fans get behind them and make them feel welcome, they can relax, but also really want to repay the faith'

Then others, like Leeds ( and a few other so-called big clubs) where players are built up and then knocked down and discarded after one or 2 poor games.

Let's be more Millwall and Preston and less Leeds
    But his fee is relevant because, especially for a club not in the habit of spending such money recently, there has to come a certain level of expectation with it and, sorry, I want something more than someone who wins a few headers, misses penalties and is still waiting for his first City goal despite having the chances to score a hat trick when he came on against Burton for that sort of money.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    But his fee is relevant because, especially for a club not in the habit of spending such money recently, there has to come a certain level of expectation with it and, sorry, I want something more than someone who wins a few headers, misses penalties and is still waiting for his first City goal despite having the chances to score a hat trick when he came on against Burton for that sort of money.
    £2m or £5m or £6m ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    £2m or £5m or £6m ?
    Certainly the latter two and he's not looking a £2 million player to me either - hasn't it been confirmed that the fee can reach £5 million?

Let's face it the bloke is useless. Contributes very little and is not even that good in the air considering his size. Why he was allowed to take the penalty is anyone's guess. He hasn't looked like scoring in any of the games I have seen and poses minimal threat.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Certainly the latter two and he's not looking a £2 million player to me either - hasn't it been confirmed that the fee can reach £5 million?
    'Can reach' being the key.

Probably based on goals, appearances and promotion .

£2m doesn't get you much these days as a striker in the Jan window.

I also suspect you are being a little harsh on him due to not seeing his performance at Ipswich, where he had 45 minutes and played up front with Ken, who had been awful and not stood up to the physical test until Madine came on and took the lead.

He's shown to me that he can be an asset, but we need to back him and show patience.

Sadly, I think we've got too many here who like to always have a scapegoat ( this isn't a dig at you as although you are critical at least it's relatively constructive) and I fear he will have his confidence destroyed by the negativity based mainly on silly expectations due to his fee.

Thought the keeper did really well to save it when I saw it back on telly but I feared the worst when I saw his short run up. At least he got it on target more than Hoilett did don’t understand why players try and put it in the top corner you always run the risk of over hitting it and it flying over

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Ten goals in a struggling Bolton side is no mean feat. I'll trust Warnock's opinion over a bunch of message board posters.

He hasn't had a full run with us yet, as we'd been doing great as it was. I am confident he will chip in with a few goals on our run in.
    I hope that you are right and I'm clinging onto the fact that Colin knows what he is doing.

That said, you have to, at some stage come to your own conclusions and I want every City player to be great....... :-/