+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Now Warnock will earn his money , season starts NOW

Now Warnock will earn his money , season starts NOW

Five points clear of Fulham , seven clear of villa

It's up to the manager and team to get us over the line now , to slip into the play offs now would be a let down but I would still want Warnock at the club next season whatever happens

Re: Now Warnock will earn his money , season starts NOW

Is the correct answer! We were never going to win every game and it's just the manner of the defeat that is hurting at present.

We seem to have lost our way a bit and I wonder if this is due to Gunnarsson coming back and people being unsure what he is going to do with the ball.

Some of the performances out there tonight were odd - neither Hoilett nor Ken got going and Wildschut seemed to not have a clue what he was meant to be doing. Anyway, it's over. We kept going to the end again and 999 times out of a 1000 would have rescued another point from that game.

First time I've seen Wolves play and they have one or two good players - Costa in particular caught my eye - but I didn't see anything from them that suggests they're going to have it easy next year if they go up.

In the end the difference came down to set plays and this time we came second.

Looking forward to the Villa game now to get it out of the way more than anything. I'm hoping Pilks gets a longer run out with Madine as I think Ken needs a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Is the correct answer! We were never going to win every game and it's just the manner of the defeat that is hurting at present.

We seem to have lost our way a bit and I wonder if this is due to Gunnarsson coming back and people being unsure what he is going to do with the ball.

Some of the performances out there tonight were odd - neither Hoilett nor Ken got going and Wildschut seemed to not have a clue what he was meant to be doing. Anyway, it's over. We kept going to the end again and 999 times out of a 1000 would have rescued another point from that game.

First time I've seen Wolves play and they have one or two good players - Costa in particular caught my eye - but I didn't see anything from them that suggests they're going to have it easy next year if they go up.

Looking forward to the Villa game now to get it out of the way more than anything. I'm hoping Pilks gets a longer run out with Madine as I think Ken needs a rest.
    Pilkington might be a good option fair play

Gunners control was so bad 1st half, reckon he is unsettling those around him.
    He shouldn’t be in the team after being out so long.

Absolutely right (Sludge and PB).
    Emotions still running high understandably so but a reality check is needed.
    The opposition tonight have players who will more than hold their own in the premiership (Neves and Costa to.name but two) next year and we took them to the wire.

Our players have got us into a position most could not have dreamt of and if it doesn't happen, c'est la vie.
    We need to get right behind them.

Mike, could we have a "Doom and Gloom" thread as a repository for all the blatantly negative posts for the run in?

So what if the season starts now.
    We’d have bitten hands off in August to be in the position we’re in now!!

For all the talk of Wolves going forward I thought their defence was excellent. I don`t think that black guy at the back missed a header or a tackle he was a colossus.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    For all the talk of Wolves going forward I thought their defence was excellent. I don`t think that black guy at the back missed a header or a tackle he was a colossus.
    I agree until the last few minutes their defence was as good as anything I've seen this year.

Our defence was excellent too.
    Madine brings nothing I'm. afraid.
    Wildshutt was shit.
    Ken was poor.
    Maybe trahore for Villa?

Is the correct answer!
    **** yeh

This.

I was very surprised at the number of headers they won. They killed chance after chance.

Yep, that is what it is all built on. They know what they doing. Good team...