+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grujic

Grujic

Presumably he was absent due to injury - anyone heard what it was? Will he be present for Villa?

Re: Grujic

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Presumably he was absent due to injury - anyone heard what it was? Will he be present for Villa?
    Warnock talked about 'a few niggles' and 'not worth risking anybody' in his post-match interview with Sky.

First game without him and lost? Minus man city

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Warnock talked about 'a few niggles' and 'not worth risking anybody' in his post-match interview with Sky.
    Hopefully that's a hint Grujic and Ralls will be back for Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Hopefully that's a hint Grujic and Ralls will be back for Villa.
    Thought Gunnar and Bryson were decent without creating much. Not sure you can drop either.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Thought Gunnar and Bryson were decent without creating much. Not sure you can drop either.
    Not sure about that as the midfield have to work as a team. I think Bryson brought much more to the team tonight than Gunnarsson but there is something wrong with the cohesion in there at the moment. I'd have Ralls, Grujic and Bryson in for Tuesday, assuming Paterson is injured, and see if we can get some control back in the middle. That's not to say Gunnarsson isn't trying - I just think the chemistry has gone a bit wrong since he returned.

As much as I like him, we seem to have lost something since Gunnarsson came back in. It must be tough to get up to match speed after a lengthy lay off, but we are definitely missing something at the moment, after looking so potent.

I was surprised to see Grujic not even on the bench tonight so it must be a niggle.

I was however pleased to see Peltier at RB. I also like Manga, but his lack of pace on the turn would've been seriously exposed tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    As much as I like him, we seem to have lost something since Gunnarsson came back in. It must be tough to get up to match speed after a lengthy lay off, but we are definitely missing something at the moment, after looking so potent.

I was surprised to see Grujic not even on the bench tonight so it must be a niggle.

I was however pleased to see Peltier at RB. I also like Manga, but his lack of pace on the turn would've been seriously exposed tonight.
    Games?

I know what you mean, good player but he just doesn't have the creative spark of Grujic or Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Games?

I know what you mean, good player but he just doesn't have the creative spark of Grujic or Ralls
    Thought Pektier was excellent last night.

Gunner did some good stuff but seemed half a yard short of match sharpness.

The mix wasn't right though.

Patterson's injury was a blow too

Hope he's back for Tues.

Patterson, Grujic and Ralls for me

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thought Pektier was excellent last night.

Gunner did some good stuff but seemed half a yard short of match sharpness.

The mix wasn't right though.

Patterson's injury was a blow too

Hope he's back for Tues.

Patterson, Grujic and Ralls for me
    Agree that Gunnar looked a little laboured at times, and although Bryson worked hard, he' not the quickest in terms of thought or play. But, we have to be fair to them. When they won the ball back or received possession, there weren't many options, and against a team like Wolves, you can't really afford to hold onto the ball for too long or you'll lose it, and we did, i'm pretty sure that whoever had played in midfield would've had the same problems. Secondly, Wolves were switch playing, sometimes pushing two defenders into midfield when they had possession-Similar to Fulham-which wasn't really a problem for them as we didn't really possess an attacking threat until Warnock changed formation, although Zohore worked very hard. Overall, they both worked incredibly hard in a very difficult situation. I'd agree with your midfield three.