+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mike Dean

Mike Dean

Never changes does he?
    Sorry we couldn't covert one mate

Re: Mike Dean

Thought he had a good game - hardly noticed him for first 90 minutes.

He was given a round of applause as he ran towards the Ninian when warming up. I think this spawned the two penalty decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Thought he had a good game - hardly noticed him for first 90 minutes.

He was given a round of applause as he ran towards the Ninian when warming up. I think this spawned the two penalty decisions.
    No - it was a push then a trip in the box that spawned the two penalty decisions.

Mike Dean had a good game.

Yep, best ref we've had all season.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No - it was a push then a trip in the box that spawned the two penalty decisions.

Mike Dean had a good game.
    Most Championship refs would have bottled those decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think sooooooooooooo

MD did have a good game, in the end.
    I thought that we had two very good shouts for pelanties, one on Morrison 1st half and another on Madine I think.it was which he was well positioned for.
    He got the infamous two correct though.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Yep, best ref we've had all season.
    Agreed. He had a very good game. Best I have seen down the city for a long time.
    Spedger

I think the lino actually gave the second pen.

Didn't even have to throw him any money this time either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Never changes does he?
    Sorry we couldn't covert one mate
    I’m annoyed to say that I thought that he had a very good game.

I hardly noticed him (and that is rare for him!) and he didn’t bottle the two pens when others would have.

Well played.

By far the best ref this season.

Exceptional refereeing performance (except maybe the foul on Junior in the 1st minute which should have been a yellow).

Said it before and was glad to be proved right. Despite the loss, I was thoroughly confident that it would be a fairly refereed contest.

I barely heard a whistle despite some strong challenges from both sides. He also does what all the old refs did, and that is speak to all the players during the game to explain his decisions. I swear he even patted Morrison on the arse at one point after a penalty appeal and they both laughed it off.

Top top ref, and so glad we're not all on here bemoaning a loss to a low quality referee that we're accustomed to in the Championship. That Burton ref for example, just seemed to make things up as he went along.

Does anyone think there are refs who are pure charlatans? As in they join the profession without a clue about the actual game, but because they like the occasional limelight and power (and money and expenses)?

I fear that the Championship is full of them unfortunately. Gawd knows what they suffer with in the divisions below us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Said it before and was glad to be proved right. Despite the loss, I was thoroughly confident that it would be a fairly refereed contest.

I barely heard a whistle despite some strong challenges from both sides. He also does what all the old refs did, and that is speak to all the players during the game to explain his decisions. I swear he even patted Morrison on the arse at one point after a penalty appeal and they both laughed it off.

Top top ref, and so glad we're not all on here bemoaning a loss to a low quality referee that we're accustomed to in the Championship. That Burton ref for example, just seemed to make things up as he went along.

Does anyone think there are refs who are pure charlatans? As in they join the profession without a clue about the actual game, but because they like the occasional limelight and power (and money and expenses)?

I fear that the Championship is full of them unfortunately. Gawd knows what they suffer with in the divisions below us.
    Charlatans... football is full of 'em. You wanna see some of the feckers on the parks
    Either hen pecked, hate their jobs or bullied as kids.

Good post by the way and Dean I have always rated.
    If any ref had a justifiable axe to grind it would be him with us.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Charlatans... football is full of 'em. You wanna see some of the feckers on the parks
    Either hen pecked, hate their jobs or bullied as kids.

Good post by the way and Dean I have always rated.
    If any ref had a justifiable axe to grind it would be him with us.
    To be cut with a coin by one of our loons and still award us a late penalty v the Jacks at Ninian takes some serious peace of mind.

Top ref.

2 good refs in a row.
    Michael Oliver last Monday..

No conicidence they are both doing the big Prem games week in week out.

Wonder how he would have dealt with the Bamba Millwall incident ??

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    2 good refs in a row.
    Michael Oliver last Monday..

No conicidence they are both doing the big Prem games week in week out.

Wonder how he would have dealt with the Bamba Millwall incident ??
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'd literally only just trained my brain to forget that!!

Imagine those pens were against us. The first one was soft. We'd be slamming his performance then

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Imagine those pens were against us. The first one was soft. We'd be slamming his performance then
    Both looked nailed in at the time.

We had a few shouts and I'd like to see it again but I actually thought we could have had a 3rd in the melee after the 2nd one !

Also thought the Wolves player slipped for the free kick which got them their goal . However I'm conscious that my view may be s little one eyed 😂 and overall have absolutely no complaints about either ref this week

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Both looked nailed in at the time.

We had a few shouts and I'd like to see it again but I actually thought we could have had a 3rd in the melee after the 2nd one !

Also thought the Wolves player slipped for the free kick which got them their goal . However I'm conscious that my view may be s little one eyed �� and overall have absolutely no complaints about either ref this week
    I'd have given that one to Etheridge.

I agree about Mike Dean - a good and sensible refereeing display.