+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mike Dean

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Mike Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Said it before and was glad to be proved right. Despite the loss, I was thoroughly confident that it would be a fairly refereed contest.

I barely heard a whistle despite some strong challenges from both sides. He also does what all the old refs did, and that is speak to all the players during the game to explain his decisions. I swear he even patted Morrison on the arse at one point after a penalty appeal and they both laughed it off.

Top top ref, and so glad we're not all on here bemoaning a loss to a low quality referee that we're accustomed to in the Championship. That Burton ref for example, just seemed to make things up as he went along.

Does anyone think there are refs who are pure charlatans? As in they join the profession without a clue about the actual game, but because they like the occasional limelight and power (and money and expenses)?

I fear that the Championship is full of them unfortunately. Gawd knows what they suffer with in the divisions below us.
    Charlatans... football is full of 'em. You wanna see some of the feckers on the parks
    Either hen pecked, hate their jobs or bullied as kids.

Good post by the way and Dean I have always rated.
    If any ref had a justifiable axe to grind it would be him with us.

Re: Mike Dean

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Charlatans... football is full of 'em. You wanna see some of the feckers on the parks
    Either hen pecked, hate their jobs or bullied as kids.

Good post by the way and Dean I have always rated.
    If any ref had a justifiable axe to grind it would be him with us.
    To be cut with a coin by one of our loons and still award us a late penalty v the Jacks at Ninian takes some serious peace of mind.

Top ref.