+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock & Espirito

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Warnock & Espirito

What was that all about at the end of the game?

Cannot view Warnock's post match comments.

Re: Warnock & Espirito

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    What was that all about at the end of the game?

Cannot view Warnock's post match comments.
    Nuno ran onto the pitch without shaking Warnock's hand. Seems he did the same at Boro last week to Pulis too

A passionate manager which Warnock didn't want to see.
    Pulis was the same last week, bitter old bastards who need to get over a loss

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Nuno ran onto the pitch without shaking Warnock's hand. Seems he did the same at Boro last week to Pulis too
    Hardly improving his image then. Nuno appeared to want to catch up with him to shake his hand only to be greeted with a number of "feck offs".

Nuno: "It happened at Middlesbrough and it happened again today. I have to say I'm sorry, I was talking to an assistant and he told me in Britain we [don't] do that. But I've arrived here and I love this country and I love the football. Last year I was coaching in the Champions League and now I'm in the Championship and I'm very proud of what I'm doing.

"I want to be a gentleman to all the managers, I'm sorry to [Middlesbrough boss] Tony Pulis and I'm very sorry to Neil Warnock. It was not my intention to be disrespectful but it's very difficult in the last minute when there is a penalty and your goalkeeper [saves it], you have to celebrate, I'm being honest. Once again I'm sorry and I'll try to avoid it. I'll go to his office now and if he gives me a moment I'll try to explain it."

Neil Warnock: "I don't accept it at all and I think it's totally out of order. I think he was a total disgrace, I used strong words and I meant every one of them. He's got to learn that in British football you have manners and a bit of class when you've won a game. You've got to learn that I'm afraid.

"I don't think I'll go into my office until after he's gone. I don't want to se him tonight if I'm honest. I thought it was a great game and it didn't need to end like that."

Warnock had come out of this looking a bitter, old, hypocritical, graceless waanker really.

I bet the Football League must now love awarding him manager of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Warnock had come out of this looking a bitter, old, hypocritical, graceless waanker really.

If we still get promoted after tonight's debacle, he'll deserve manager of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    If we still get promoted after tonight's debacle, he'll deserve manager of the century.
    Fully agree.

I bet it wasn't in the Football Leagues PR plan to see their top managers in the league embroiled in a spat with industrial language being used with such coarseness

That was my point.

He didn't though come across like a bitter, old Brexit voting knob.

Or 'comedian of the year'. Colin Wanker promoting 'manners and class', and he kept a straight face. What a card!

Fully agree.

I bet it wasn't in the Football Leagues PR plan to see their top managers in the league embroiled in a spat with industrial language being used with such coarseness

That was my point.

He didn't though come across like a bitter, old Brexit voting knob.
    Its the remain voters who are bitter knobs. Those that voted Brexit won mun.

Looking good for you lot joining the PL next season, but I'm still not convinced we'll still be there. If we are, It'll be another season where the aim will be to finish 17th or better. I've said it for the last few seasons the journey to the PL is better than the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Its the remain voters who are bitter knobs. Those that voted Brexit won mun.

Looking good for you lot joining the PL next season, but I'm still not convinced we'll still be there. If we are, It'll be another season where the aim will be to finish 17th or better. I've said it for the last few seasons the journey to the PL is better than the destination.
    Hmmmm...

This time around maybe as the club are playing in their correct colours.

I've missed the 'ride' this and last time.

You'll stay up although it'll be interesting if you start planning properly or continue trying to fire fight your stay in the Premier League? Decisions for your incumbent board?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Nuno: "It happened at Middlesbrough and it happened again today. I have to say I'm sorry, I was talking to an assistant and he told me in Britain we [don't] do that. But I've arrived here and I love this country and I love the football. Last year I was coaching in the Champions League and now I'm in the Championship and I'm very proud of what I'm doing.

"I want to be a gentleman to all the managers, I'm sorry to [Middlesbrough boss] Tony Pulis and I'm very sorry to Neil Warnock. It was not my intention to be disrespectful but it's very difficult in the last minute when there is a penalty and your goalkeeper [saves it], you have to celebrate, I'm being honest. Once again I'm sorry and I'll try to avoid it. I'll go to his office now and if he gives me a moment I'll try to explain it."

Neil Warnock: "I don't accept it at all and I think it's totally out of order. I think he was a total disgrace, I used strong words and I meant every one of them. He's got to learn that in British football you have manners and a bit of class when you've won a game. You've got to learn that I'm afraid.

"I don't think I'll go into my office until after he's gone. I don't want to se him tonight if I'm honest. I thought it was a great game and it didn't need to end like that."

Like it or not, it is a fair reaction really. I don't blame Warnock for being angry and I don't blame whatever his name is for being excited. There is a lot of pressure on and you can tell.

Oh **** off, really?

Your team has just missed two pens and you are going to take it well.

Not funny. You are slagging off one of the best and most popular managers we have ever had. Theres only one person looking like a 'graceless waanker' at the moment and thats you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Oh **** off, really?

Your team has just missed two pens and you are going to take it well.
    No I didn't. That said I wouldn't be acting like a spoilt, hypocritical dick either. Like it or not Warnocks actions tonight are just another episode in a long series of him acting like a dick.

It doesn't offend me nor do I give him unswerving support.

It's just an observation.

No I didn't. That said I wouldn't be acting like a spoilt, hypocritical dick either. Like it or not Warnocks actions tonight are just another episode in a long series of him acting like a dick.

It doesn't offend me nor do I give him unswerving support.

It's just an observation.
    Spoilt? Warnock expected a handshake at full time. If you watch full time at every league game this weekend, the same thing will happen, the two managers (often one loving life, one hating life) will shake hands. Nuno didn't, its forgivable as he was excited and doesn't understand the customs, and so is Warnock's reaction. Your reaction, however, is absolute shite though.

Christ when did it become sacrosanct not to observe something regarding City through fair eyes?

Personally, bearing in mind the effort and money put into gentrifying football and making it the sanitised, soulless product that it is I think Warnock acting like a spoilt twaat is extremely funny.

Spoilt? Warnock expected a handshake at full time. If you watch full time at every league game this weekend, the same thing will happen, the two managers (often one loving life, one hating life) will shake hands. Nuno didn't, its forgivable as he was excited and doesn't understand the customs, and so is Warnock's reaction. Your reaction, however, is absolute shite though.

Re read your post, you got everything spot on until the last sentence.

As it goes I wasn't there, my reaction doesn't matter as my observation doesn't. Chill out.
    Last edited by Jordi Culé; 06-04-18 at 23:56. Reason: Nn

Listened to talk sport and everyone cursing Warnock. Had a topic about who else in football does everyone hate

Im behind him. You shake hands, not run on the ****ing pitch like you've won the world cup

Really??

Yes, but he's OUR bitter, old, hypocritical, graceless waanker...

I think Nuno and Warnock are very similar characters. Both passionate and both capable of moments of absolutely shit behaviour.

Being from a different culture doesn’t excuse a number of incidents from Nuno this season, nor does having a good team.

It’s done. Our Neil has let himself down again slightly sadly as it’s difficult to claim ‘class’ and then behave the way he did - no matter what the provocation. Let’s move on.

I thought Warnock took losing the game well last night...

Just basic manners at end of the day, shake hands for a second then run on like a kid about to dive into the pool on his first holiday.

Warnock probably should have just blanked him but it was a tough ending and neither are the most chilled out people.

Sure it's all forgotten about.

Re read your post, you got everything spot on until the last sentence.

As it goes I wasn't there, my reaction doesn't matter as my observation doesn't. Chill out.
    Nuno did the same a week ago at Middlesbrough though and Tony Pulis had a word about it afterwards, so it was not some heat of the moment slip that would not occur again. As Penarth Blues says in another thread, the Wolves manager has hardly been an angel in his touchline behaviour this season and his "apology" after the game rang hollow to me, but what he did do was provide Neil Warnock with one of those excuses he likes to have after matches which he can use to avoid talking about the shortcomings of his team and, possibly, himself.