+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I thought we played quite well tonight...

I thought we played quite well tonight...

Just saying...
    Wolves didn't look like scoring before they did. Awful free kick to give away especially as the warning signs were there minutes earlier.
    They're nowhere near the best team to visit here but by far the luckiest. We'll be okay chaps

Re: I thought we played quite well tonight...

2nd half they looked like any other team in the league barring the one moment of quality. That was difference, they scored from 25 yards over a wall and we couldn't from two spot kicks. Not sure where we go from there other than focus on the table and accept that none of us thought we would be here at the start of the season, Villa and Fulham give off some kind of divine right to go up, we need to harness that disrespect and move on.

I thought we played quite well too, we looked quite comfortable and we enjoyed more possession than I expected. The problem was our play in the final third -probably our greatest strength when we play well- I thought our approach was decent but the final ball was missing tonight. In the end it came down to quality, they had it when they needed it, we fluffed our lines.

Agreed both.

Yep. Used to seeing the other team have a lot of the ball and I didn't think they were posing much of a threat really until late-on when we were pushing forward for an equaliser. Penalties aside, nothing really about tonight's defeat to set the alarm bells ringing yet.

We had the measure of them. At half-time I thought we'd win it. It's a funny old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yep. Used to seeing the other team have a lot of the ball and I didn't think they were posing much of a threat really until late-on when we were pushing forward for an equaliser. Penalties aside, nothing really about tonight's defeat to set the alarm bells ringing yet.
    Agree totally with this. Pity other people cant see the wider picture as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Just saying...
    Wolves didn't look like scoring before they did. Awful free kick to give away especially as the warning signs were there minutes earlier.
    They're nowhere near the best team to visit here but by far the luckiest. We'll be okay chaps
    Agree with most of that. I thought that we deserved a draw at least.

The penalty fiasco masked what was a decent performance, especially in the first half.

If we play like that we won't have too many more problems (and get the penalties sorted out!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agree with most of that. I thought that we deserved a draw at least.

The penalty fiasco masked what was a decent performance, especially in the first half.

If we play like that we won't have too many more problems (and get the penalties sorted out!)
    I'd have the players out on the training ground practising to take penalties a centimeter lower.

I thought we were arguably the better team, we definitely didn't deserve to lose

I thought we struggled in the first ten minutes just getting used to playing a new system but once we got a foot hold in the game I thought we fine well just lacking in the final third

As a neutral. Really enjoyed the game, first half wolves started the better,min first 15 mins, Cardiff grew into the game and were better team for most of first half, I was expecting Cardiff to go and win, second half even for me, wolves defended like lions, great free kick for the goal, wolves could of buried the game, in the end I thought draw was fair, Cardiff never give up, any other game would of drawn,

There's obviously a difference in what you call 'class' between the two sides - that's not surprising considering the pedigree of most of the Wolves players. But class alone doesn't decide football matches. Our work-rate was better than theirs, and when put under pressure they were quite prepared to hoof it into touch.

The problem is, we can score slick goals at times, but most are pretty ordinary. We don't have a forward line of goalscorers, such as Chopra, McCormack, Bothroyd, all who were good enough for the Premiership, and hence we often look laboured when in front of goal. I've already commented on Madine, but our main striker is Zohore [who I thought did very well last night], and he isn't the type of player to pop up in a crowded penalty area and score...

I wasn't going to post last night with so many people in hysterics.

I thought we matched next seasons Champions League side blow for blow. There's no doubt that they have talented individuals but Warnock matching up the wing backs totally stopped their wide supply.

Bryson was outstanding and buried himself last night, covering more ground & making more tackles.

I'd written it off as a loss before we started, like every other City fan of course I was hoping for better. I've seen us play some dire stuff this season but thought we showed why we're 2nd last night.

The last few minutes could either be soul destroying or a springboard for the run in. It's up to Neil to make sure it's the second.

Good post. I also thought we played well. Fine lines at this level. Should have converted at least one of the penalties.

I thought we played well I just think wolves have a full quality players and that just made the difference. Connor Cody looks good and Neves does look classy.