+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last night

Last night

I’ve read a lot of negative stuff about last night and It’s all Too easy to apportion blame. IMO Wolves were ahead of us but we still created good chances and the fact that we were awarded two penalties in injury time shows you all you need to know about this team in that we never give up . You’d have thought after missing the first, that was it game over but to get the second a few mins later and has probably never happened before in a game , tells you what this team is all about. I’m still in a bit of shock tbh after it all but we are in a fantastic position 5pts ahead let’s not forget that ,I will say that I did think the free kick that was awarded from where they scored was a bit harsh and it could have been avoided but there you go and my only concern is how much those two pen misses in injury time will affect our confidence
    roll on to villa on Tuesday

Re: Last night

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    I’ve read a lot of negative stuff about last night and It’s all Too easy to apportion blame. IMO Wolves were ahead of us but we still created good chances and the fact that we were awarded two penalties in injury time shows you all you need to know about this team in that we never give up . You’d have thought after missing the first, that was it game over but to get the second a few mins later and has probably never happened before in a game , tells you what this team is all about. I’m still in a bit of shock tbh after it all but we are in a fantastic position 5pts ahead let’s not forget that ,I will say that I did think the free kick that was awarded from where they scored was a bit harsh and it could have been avoided but there you go and my only concern is how much those two pen misses in injury time will affect our confidence
    roll on to villa on Tuesday
    Dont know what the stats say but i think wolves should have been two maybe three up before the penalties

Yea they had 2 good chances to kill the game we had 16 shots , 3 on target to their 13 6 on target. They also had 60% possession which showed

The Strokes.... top tune

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Yea they had 2 good chances to kill the game we had 16 shots , 3 on target to their 13 6 on target. They also had 60% possession which showed
    2 or 3 of their good chances came near the end when we were pushing forward, so stats don't always reflect the game as a whole.

Oppposition teams frequently have more of the ball than us. I didn't think there was too much in it overall.

Not being negative but Wolves were technically man for man better than us , that comes from spending 30 million on international players .
    We have players who show great effort in an English way , we don't retain the ball or find space ,we chase the shadows and dig out wins .

We are at best a play off side ,but fortunately sitting In second place, still with points in the bag .

We will see the same against Villa who are next up.

I had these two games (fingers crossed) down as draws , we have now lost the first, which most pundits would have predicted.

They will now predict we will loose the Villa game.

We must realise the gap will be down to very little ,quite soon ,and its a battle to the line .

However were surely in the play offs and will avoid relegation.

Poor on field decesion making yesterday with the penalties, let's prey that does not get to the lads too badly ,who have delivered so much this season.