+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One plus from last night

One plus from last night

Loads of kids in ninian upper, obv never go usually or would be elsewhere in ground. Let’s hope they are not scarred for life, like the rest of us....😜😂

Re: One plus from last night

I can’t remember when I first started taking my son, but I remember his first real taste of disappointment was the 2010 play off final.I can remember him looking at me with real sadness in his eyes,and me apologising for setting him on this path,but also advising him to get used to this feeling if he wanted to carry on supporting the City.Well,anyway,he is a massive City fan now, and was there last night still giving me the same look!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    I can’t remember when I first started taking my son, but I remember his first real taste of disappointment was the 2010 play off final.I can remember him looking at me with real sadness in his eyes,and me apologising for setting him on this path,but also advising him to get used to this feeling if he wanted to carry on supporting the City.Well,anyway,he is a massive City fan now, and was there last night still giving me the same look!
    Same. I grew up in canton but moved to neath In the late 80s by rights my boy should be a jack as he was born in neath and all his school mates were jack's (plastics and otherwise) he cried at Blackpool and have found myself apologising more often than hugging him in celebration!! You know what he has been a season ticket since 9 year old and now goes to midweek games away on his own as I can't get time off - he loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    Last night was probably the most disappointed I've been at the football since that day, not because it was a particularly awful result on the same level but we have had a few years where it's been just emotionless.

Great that this season and parts of last season feel more like the Cardiff City I know and love. Even the ending, me and my dad just knew the second wasn't going in :) we don't do simple.

My lad helps keep it real for me.

Never sulks when we lose, laughs when we win.. the journey back and forth to homes games is always good fun. Win lose or draw the 5 of us.. 2 dads and 3 lads will just take the piss out of everything and every one.

It's a fantastic thing to share and like the rest of you I reckon it's certainly helped teach him how to deal with disappointment 😂

Why does it feel like we are the only club in history who torture their fans so much !! Warnock needs to work his magic for the remaining 6 games and hopefully Grujic and Ralls are fit as the midfield last night chased and worked but didn’t show any composure on the ball

I blame my dad
    My son blames me

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Last night was probably the most disappointed I've been at the football since that day, not because it was a particularly awful result on the same level but we have had a few years where it's been just emotionless.

Great that this season and parts of last season feel more like the Cardiff City I know and love. Even the ending, me and my dad just knew the second wasn't going in :) we don't do simple.
    This ^^^^
    It’s great that it really matters again.
    We’ve bounced back from defeat before and we will again.