+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grujic back in please

Grujic back in please

And if it means gunnar misses out, so what.

I didn't think gunnar and Grujic could play in the same team watching us against Sheff Utd. I thought they stepped on eachother toes, Grujic has been sitting back and Gunnar assumed that role v SU.
    Maybe sit Gunnar back as a DCM and let grujic be the one to control the tempo, I don't fancy Gunnar as a Pirlo tbh trying to spray 60 yard cross field passes, let's use him what hes good at and if they are both to play, let grujic control the game. Let Patterson do his thing.

Re: Grujic back in please

Was he injured last night?

I agree with the OP but would add that when Paterson went off it made our whole midfield less competitive. Bryson was forced deeper in the second half as Paterson had been filling in in what was a six man defence for most of the first half. Grujic is better suited than Gunnar as a deep-lying playmaker and if Grujic had been playing I think that Bryson would have remained deployed further forward.

But as JRH said, Grujic must have been injured or he would surely have played.

Grujic was a big miss last night, he's the one midfielder comfortable on the ball and able to hold onto it whilst picking a pass, along with probably Ralls.

Hope one of them is available for Villa game and I agree with other posts, if it means leaving out Gunnar, then so be it.

Gunnar shouldn't be playing 3 games in a week after such a lengthy lay off I hope Paterson is ok and ralls and Marko are back for tuesday