Now he has to rally his troops for the next battle at Villa Park

More...

Neil Warnock has said that the events of last night and the reaction to Nuno Espirito Santo was an in the moment thing and now he's looking forard.

"Yeah it's water off a duck's back now, it was just at the time," Warnock told talkSPORT .

"I saw (Nuno celebrating) last week against Middlesbrough and I was quite furious about him doing that with Tony Pulis and I thought someone's got to tell him about British football and what you do.

"And we all want to run on the pitch but it only takes a second to shake my hand."

C:WindowsTempphpA5C7.tmp
Warnock and Santo all smiles before the game

Warnock was trending all over Twitter last night as plenty wanted to have a pop at the man man love to hate.

But focus is now on dusting ourselves down and looking towards another huge game at Aston Villa on Tuesday.

First Warnock has to assess his players and see how they have reacted after a day to think about Friday night.

"We all needed 24 hours," said Warnock. "But when we go in (to training) tomorrow, yes they'll be down and flat, but we've got a decent squad.

"We'll have a look who's feeling sorry for themselves and there's one or two really busting a gut to get in the team. So it gives me a decision to make to see how they are and if anybody's down, we'll bring someone else in."

Aston Villa v Cardiff City
Tuesday April 10th, ko 7:45pm
Live on Sky