+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 wins 2 draws

Re: 4 wins 2 draws

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    we need 94 points if fulham win all their remaining games. We wont get 94 points , fulham wont win all their games either.
    It'll go down to the last game of season, goal diff , who that will be no one knows
    And yet you know it will go down to the last match of the season? If you're so sure about that, surely you know who'll have the best goal difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Ha ha ha that’s so funny, who wants to be promoted with 4 games to go ? Assuming you get second it’s much more enjoyable this way
    You got 2 players who will be playing premier league football whatever happens, we have not.

So for that reason and that reason only, I think we'll pip you at the post.

I loss and it’s all doom and gloom on here, you have lost 1 game in 13 and unlucky to lose that, you only need 3 wins and a draw max, easily doable, just glad we have made a fist of it
    You and Pearcey ( a resident Reading fan who posts regular sense on here) are more level headed Cardiff fans than most Cardiff fans 😂

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Is what we need to guarantee promotion honestly I just can't see Fulham winning every game remaining so still very much doable
    Villa (a) I think we can turn them over
    Norwich (a) tough place to go could go either way
    Forest (h) should win
    Derby (a) starting to win games will be tough but can win
    Hull (a) got to target a win should be safe by then
    Reading (h) should win

1 loss in 14 is a great return we've got a good team just got to get behind the team hopefully they won't good as easy as some of our fans
    Six games left, four of them away. We normally reserve our best results for home matches, so that will have to change..

I've deliberately avoided trying to predict the results of the games we've got left, but, looking at the table this morning, I'd say it's very likely that Hull and Reading will join Forest and Norwich in having nothing to play for when they face us. That doesn't always mean that it's a guaranteed three points, Norwich were good against Villa yesterday, but, if we are really this team that others hate playing so much, then you'd like to think that we have four matches where our opponents might not fancy it too much if we are able to make things difficult for them. Besides that, Villa and Derby are going to be in must win situations and that should mean chances on the break for us if we can stay level going into the last quarter of these games - I don't think we can rely on Fulham dropping many points, but I'd like to think we have it in us to do well in these last six games as long as morale isn't effected by what happened on Friday.

I reckon Fulham will get 10 points, which means 9 points from 6 games required by us.

Sooner we get 2 more wins the easier this will seem.

If Fulham win all 5 and get 93 points and we fall just short then fair play to them it will be they that have won promotion rather than us lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    You and Pearcey ( a resident Reading fan who posts regular sense on here) are more level headed Cardiff fans than most Cardiff fans 😂
    It’s much easier coming from an opposing team, no emotion attached

It’s much easier coming from an opposing team, no emotion attached
    Agreed but I have Welsh blood and want Cardiff to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Agreed but I have Welsh blood and want Cardiff to go up.
    I also want Cardiff to go up, via the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Six games left, four of them away. We normally reserve our best results for home matches, so that will have to change..
    Indeed.

I think we have a very tough run-in.

Not sure thrusting returning players into the mix is a wise choice. A bit risky.

Rather be in our position the Fulhams but I am not optimistic to be honest. 30 years of city does that to you.

Based on the general consensus on social media over the past few days, you must be the only non-City fan who wants to see the devil re-incarnated (Warnock) succeed

I think most fans would choose to go up via the playoffs if offered it.

But crikey they are nerve wrangling occasions.

Having been in the top two for so long and then slipping into the playoffs is a big psychological barrier to get over in order to perform over three games. I would be interested to see how many third placed teams who fell out of the top two manage to go up via the play-offs, it's too late here in Uganda for me to get that info but I don't imagine it's many.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Based on the general consensus on social media over the past few days, you must be the only non-City fan who wants to see the devil re-incarnated (Warnock) succeed
    That's true.

Someone put a tweet that Cardiff and Warnock are a toxic mix and should be eradicated from football.

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Of course we do but we can still do it we've had 1 game we played poor and got lucky with a late equaliser I thought we done ok yesterday and deserved a point
    Villa D
    Norwich D
    Forest W
    Derby L
    Hull W
    Reading W
    91 points. 11 points from 18 in our last 6, just about keeping our points average.

For Fulham I believe

Reading W
    Brentford D
    Millwall D
    Sunderland W
    Birmingham W
    11 points from 5 and 89 points in total.
    Fancy them to stay unbeaten in this run but drop 4 points.

If Fulham win all 5 then fvck me they deserve it over the full season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Look at the other options, villa to arrogant and think they have the desired right to be in the prem, boro ( pullis) millwall no thanks them in the prem, derby ( never liked them since they kicked our players in 1982 most Ffc fans feel the same) so if a big if Cardiff end up in the play offs, I would want them to go up, I have always liked warnock, love his passion. I felt a bit sorry for him against wolves, you can see the emotion on his face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And yet you know it will go down to the last match of the season? If you're so sure about that, surely you know who'll have the best goal difference.
    Don't worry, Divine Wright actually KNOWS our lead will be gone by Tuesday.
    Probably one of the miserable lot who sits behind me moaning at Bryson and NML all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Bob - I know F all , Im not a footballing pundit, I dont have my own column or anything else, but having watched the city for donkeys years I know what always seems to happen to us in terms of 'luck'. We invariably seem to win the games we shouldnt and lose the games we should. The 2 missed pens being the perfect example - maybe we only ever remember the bad times or the controversial ones. Which is why this run in has all the hallmarks of a last goal in injury time on the last game will decide things.
    Maybe we used up our last bit of luck stealing a point against Sheffield, we lost a point on Friday so maybe our luck has turned again, I'm just gonna enjoy the rest of the ride like I'm sure you will too. Funny old game football, few twists to come yet.

Look at the other options, villa to arrogant and think they have the desired right to be in the prem, boro ( pullis) millwall no thanks them in the prem, derby ( never liked them since they kicked our players in 1982 most Ffc fans feel the same) so if a big if Cardiff end up in the play offs, I would want them to go up, I have always liked warnock, love his passion. I felt a bit sorry for him against wolves, you can see the emotion on his face

I have to say to Fulham traveller his own fellow supporters are the worst for thinking they have a divine right to go up. The bleating when Reading knocked them out of the play offs was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Would you agree that we need step up our performance to have a chance of doing what you believe we will do?
    Not really. We were dire against Sheffield United, we all know that. We played well against Wolves. Let's not forget it takes 2 teams to make a game of football. Wolves, bar the penalties conceded, were defensively very good against us. We threw plenty at them. Lesser teams in the division would have crumbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not really. We were dire against Sheffield United, we all know that. We played well against Wolves. Let's not forget it takes 2 teams to make a game of football. Wolves, bar the penalties conceded, were defensively very good against us. We threw plenty at them. Lesser teams in the division would have crumbled.
    Once again I agree with you. Wolves defence impressed me more than their much vaunted attack. We would have beaten any other team in the division on that performance, Fulham included.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I have to say to Fulham traveller his own fellow supporters are the worst for thinking they have a divine right to go up. The bleating when Reading knocked them out of the play offs was hilarious.
    I have never met one Fulham fan who have thought they have a divine right to best reading, maybe you read tweets from teenage fans? Reading were tactically better then us, and deserved to beat us, the same type of teenage fans that reading have, who when beat us, instead of celebrating after the win. They jumped onto the pitch came and came to our end giving us the hand signals to us and Tom Cairney, I would not put all reading fans in that bracket, same way us mature fans don’t think we have a divine right to go up

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I thought wolves were very good defensively, fair play to them. Many of us thought they would crumble, but it seems like our lot were the ones making the small mistakes.
    We will win enough points to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I thought wolves were very good defensively, fair play to them. Many of us thought they would crumble, but it seems like our lot were the ones making the small mistakes.
    We will win enough points to go up.
    Endless fouls on Morrison in the penalty area, the two penalties, I'd say they weren't crumbling but were certainly rattled.