Burton Albion (away): 87 mins, winning goal
    Fulham (away): 83 mins, equaliser
    Sheff Wed (home): 90+5 mins, equaliser
    Middlesbrough (away): 84 mins, winning goal
    Barnsley (away): 83 mins, winning goal
    Reading (away): 90+1 mins, equaliser
    Bristol City (home): 82 mins, winning goal
    Sheff Utd (away): 90+1 mins, equaliser

I make it that we've won 12 points in the last 10 minutes of games this season. There's only been one occasion where we've conceded a late match changing goal, at home to Preston.

Of those games, we didn't deserve anything against either Sheffield side, Fulham or Reading, while we raided Burton, Boro and Barnsley.

Late goals have saved our bacon on a number of times this season. Maybe it's not so surprising, given that the Gods of late goals have smiled so heavily on us this season that, when we're presented with 2 penalties to grab a point from nothing, luck deserts us. We've had more than enough late on this season. Deservedly so, of course. Our attitude has been spot on even when performances haven't.

Re: The last 10 minutes - our hall of fame

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Burton Albion (away): 87 mins, winning goal
    Fulham (away): 83 mins, equaliser
    Sheff Wed (home): 90+5 mins, equaliser
    Middlesbrough (away): 84 mins, winning goal
    Barnsley (away): 83 mins, winning goal
    Reading (away): 90+1 mins, equaliser
    Bristol City (home): 82 mins, winning goal
    Sheff Utd (away): 90+1 mins, equaliser

I make it that we've won 12 points in the last 10 minutes of games this season. There's only been one occasion where we've conceded a late match changing goal, at home to Preston.

Of those games, we didn't deserve anything against either Sheffield side, Fulham or Reading, while we raided Burton, Boro and Barnsley.

Late goals have saved our bacon on a number of times this season. Maybe it's not so surprising, given that the Gods of late goals have smiled so heavily on us this season that, when we're presented with 2 penalties to grab a point from nothing, luck deserts us. We've had more than enough late on this season. Deservedly so, of course. Our attitude has been spot on even when performances haven't.
    Good post.

It is a sign of a good team (and manager), winning points late on in games. Look at United under Ferguson.

Traditionally we have been rubbish at this, so the change this season has been very refreshing (down to Colin I suspect) which makes the comical penalty blunders last night all the more puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Good post.

It is a sign of a good team (and manager), winning points late on in games. Look at United under Ferguson.

Traditionally we have been rubbish at this, so the change this season has been very refreshing (down to Colin I suspect) which makes the comical penalty blunders last night all the more puzzling.
    Medine's was telegraphed and had no pace. Hoilett went for the top corner and missed by a fraction. I think he was slightly unlucky, but it's a risk when you aim high.

great post eric some good stats there

I thought you deserved the draw at our place in the end. Good stats which shows this Cardiff side is physically fit and will fight to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I thought you deserved the draw at our place in the end.
    Things must be bad there, then. I thought we were woeful.