+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It feels inevitable we are going to fall short

It feels inevitable we are going to fall short

I've been thinking it for a few weeks looking at the run in.

We've got it pretty much as hard as it comes with our away games whilst Fulham are looking unstoppable and a much more straight forward fixtures.

I know the season isn't over but I just feel like it's a case of waiting for it to happen. I just feel gutted for players and manager because the run we have been on is nothing short of remarkable. It's just unbelievable that Fulham are bettering it.

It's hard to disagree that Fulham are better than us but our players have been over achieving all season .

I think all teams around play offs would rather us be in with them rather than Fulham and would be suprised if it even goes to the last game of the season.

Re: It feels inevitable we are going to fall short

Oh feck off. Seriously? We’ve had a minor blip but we are two points clear with a game in hand.

Christ man have some faith.

Just look at the fixtures . Fulham won't drop a point. There is no chance we are not going to get as many points with the ganes remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Just look at the fixtures . Fulham won't drop a point. There is no chance we are not going to get as many points with the ganes remaining.
    Jesus, I'd love to stand next you on match days.....

"Fulham won't drop a point".

Let's just end the season now then, we've got fans with ESP who can predict everything. No doubt they also predicted Bamba would miss a clear free header and we'd miss two penalties in added time.

Fulham will drop points. Fixtures on paper are different to reality, chasing a pack is easier than sustaining or consolidation a leading position, its less pressure. Can see Brentford and Millwall taking points off them and don’t be surprised if Reading take a point on Tuesday. We have a lot of work to do but one loss in 14 is awesome, if,and a big if Fulham don’t drop any points I will be amazed, but if they don’t they will definitely deserve second place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wokingbluebird View Post
    Fulham will drop points. Fixtures on paper are different to reality, chasing a pack is easier than sustaining or consolidation a leading position, its less pressure. Can see Brentford and Millwall taking points off them and don’t be surprised if Reading take a point on Tuesday. We have a lot of work to do but one loss in 14 is awesome, if,and a big if Fulham don’t drop any points I will be amazed, but if they don’t they will definitely deserve second place.
    Agree with this, Millwall and Brentford could be their banana skin games.

Let’s see what happens Tuesday

We've got it pretty much as hard as it comes with our away games whilst Fulham are looking unstoppable and a much more straight forward fixtures.

I know the season isn't over but I just feel like it's a case of waiting for it to happen. I just feel gutted for players and manager because the run we have been on is nothing short of remarkable. It's just unbelievable that Fulham are bettering it.

It's hard to disagree that Fulham are better than us but our players have been over achieving all season .

I think all teams around play offs would rather us be in with them rather than Fulham and would be suprised if it even goes to the last game of the season.
    There's an argument [it's that's the right word] that it would be better for us to fall short with a couple of games to go rather than miss out at the death - probably better preparation for the play offs. I also cannot see Fulham dropping points unless they get nervy..

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Oh feck off. Seriously? We’ve had a minor blip but we are two points clear with a game in hand.

Christ man have some faith.
    This and this again. Fulham have to go to Millwall who are on astonishing run and very much in the play off mix with everything to play for. They are at home to Brentford who are in good form and fighting to make the play offs. They have to play away at Birmingham who are very poor but on the final day of the season may need a result to stay up so that won’t be easy.
    They are very likely to beat us on Tuesday night. We are not playing well but have actually improved a lot defensively under Clement.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There's an argument [it's that's the right word] that it would be better for us to fall short with a couple of games to go rather than miss out at the death - probably better preparation for the play offs. I also cannot see Fulham dropping points unless they get nervy..
    I can particularly Millwall away. That is a very tough fixture for them.

IF Fulham pip us to second, I’d still fancy our chances against anyone making the top 6 now, and we’ll have played them all recently if that time comes. I think it’s important therefore that we do well against Villa and Derby just to put doubts in their minds if they have play us again.

I’ve now got over the disappointment of Friday and am just going to enjoy the last few games of an extraordinary effort from the team. If we fall short then we have to accept we just weren’t quite there and will at least be playing in the more enjoyable league next year.

Come on Cardiff! We CAN still do this!

It feels inevitable to me that Fulham are going to drop points. Millwall & Brentford will push them & hopefully Birmingham will still be fighting to stay up. If they win all 5 they deserve to go up. Personally I think they'll get 11 (89) or 13 (91) at a push.

We need to win 3 minimum & draw the other 3 or win 4 would be better.

I'm not expecting us to get anything at Villa & we (fans) must not go into melt down if we loss. The real fight begins Wednesday regardless of what happens on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It feels inevitable to me that Fulham are going to drop points. Millwall & Brentford will push them & hopefully Birmingham will still be fighting to stay up. If they win all 5 they deserve to go up. Personally I think they'll get 11 (89) or 13 (91) at a push.

We need to win 3 minimum & draw the other 3 or win 4 would be better.

I'm not expecting us to get anything at Villa & we (fans) must not go into melt down if we loss. The real fight begins Wednesday regardless of what happens on Tuesday.
    I'd expect us to get something at Villa, IF Grujic, Ralls and Paterson start and we take the game to them. Their defence is poor.

Fair play
    typical doom merchant unreal some of our fans

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'd expect us to get something at Villa, IF Grujic, Ralls and Paterson start and we take the game to them. Their defence is poor.
    It's not their defence I'm worried about, none of the 6 below started the game at CCS.
    Adomah, Snodgrass, Grealish, Kodija, Grabban, Bjarnason

And we know what a sh!t Grealish is.

There's no doubt they blow hot & cold. Let's hope it's cold and Bruce makes the same selection mistakes he made against Norwich.

It's not their defence I'm worried about, none of the 6 below started the game at CCS.

And we know what a sh!t Grealish is.

There's no doubt they blow hot & cold. Let's hope it's cold and Bruce makes the same selection mistakes he made against Norwich.
    I couldn't care less about any of those six players.

Our defence is the best in the division. Their defence can and has been ripped apart many a time.

I can't believe this guy is a regular starter for Villa. To say he's limited is being kind. I watched most of yesterday's game and he offered them absolutely nothing. If he's in the Villa line-up on Tuesday it'll be a bonus from City's point of view.

Our defence is the best in the division. Their defence can and has been ripped apart many a time.
    In fact, Villa have conceded just six more goals than City.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In fact, Villa have conceded just six more goals than City.
    Indeed. If you'd seen Villa games you'd also have seen at times they've ridden their luck. We are far, far more solid at the back than Villa; get Terry turned to face his own goal and they are in trouble.

We can only hope Neil Taylor plays, switch Hoilett to his side and enjoy the fun.

god Pessimism on here is unreal, we have to play a more organized reading team, and then we play Brazil aka as brentford, no disrespect to them, it’s there cup final and are always up for it, if we come through that, we have millwall away, who are on fire, I think we will miss out by a point, we need to win them all, which I can’t see happening, don’t you just the excitement

Indeed. If you'd seen Villa games you'd also have seen at times they've ridden their luck. We are far, far more solid at the back than Villa; get Terry turned to face his own goal and they are in trouble.
    I've seen plenty of Villa games and plenty of City games this season. Both have ridden their luck on numerous occasions. The margins are fine, as the stats suggest.

First Team

I think we will be alright.
    Villa game becomes vital but get a result there and I would feel settled.
    Games are running out for the rivals and we still have a points advantage and a game in hand.
    Whilst never discounting our ability to cock up we still have a small safety net that the others simply don't have.
    Besides, I simply could not handle another Wembley defeat like Blackpool.

With the momentum Millwall have at the moment, and they're surge towards the play offs, I'd be very surprised if Fulham didn't drop all 3 points against them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I've seen plenty of Villa games and plenty of City games this season. Both have ridden their luck on numerous occasions. The margins are fine, as the stats suggest.
    Bamba/Morrison as a central pairing are way more solid than Terry/Chester. Bennett is a far better defender than Taylor.

Fine margins indeed.