+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Run in.. I'm trying to be more positive today....

Run in.. I'm trying to be more positive today....

Re: Run in.. I'm trying to be more positive today....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I don`t think you will be far away with that table of results although I do fancy us to get a result at Villa. We have to show we are up for it. That game at Derby could be the defining game for us if Fulham drop anything at Millwall.

Fair play that should put everyone in A positive mood
    We can still lose 2 games and Fulham only drop 2pts still remain unbeaten (I think they’ll drop more ) and we still go up
    Spread the word to the doom and gloom merchants on here

2 points denied at Millwall. Penalty not given v Brum away, equaliser not given v QPR away and....best not said...at least one other point we should have got. Vital at this stage of the season and would make a huge difference at this stage if the season. Arguably we should be 3-5 points better off.

People are still talking about our tough run in, but, get tomorrow out of the way, and it compares well with anyone else with four games against sides who will, hopefully, have nothing to play for and I don't think the team will need much motivating for the match at Derby. I'd be very surprised if we could respond to a run of one point from four matches (which is what will have happened if we lose at Villa and Norwich) with four straight victories to finish the regular league season, but I'd like to think we can get something from our nest two games.

If we could win tomorrow it would really lift a lot of pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If we could win tomorrow it would really lift a lot of pressure.
    A win tomorrow and we can all breathe again, forget about Friday and just do our own thing. 2 points (at least) clear and a game in hand will be a nice position to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    2 points denied at Millwall. Penalty not given v Brum away, equaliser not given v QPR away and....best not said...at least one other point we should have got. Vital at this stage of the season and would make a huge difference at this stage if the season. Arguably we should be 3-5 points better off.
    Four straight defeats over xmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Christmas is a time for giving.

Didn't help. Of those a point against Preston at home is another point we should have had. Fine margins.

I think it's a bit strange for a 'trying to be positive' thread to start by predicting defeats in our next two games. If that happens then I think our automatic promotion hopes will be as good as over. Fulham could well then be 4 points clear of us and I can't imagine them letting that slip.
    How our squad responds to what happened in the last five minutes on Friday is the big question. It could have seriously undermined our confidence and belief (it certainly has among many supporters) but could I suppose have the reverse effect and galvanise an even more determined approach. We'll probably have a good idea after tomorrow's game.

I've got Wolves winning every game. Us picking up 8 points and Fulham picking up 11, so they'd pip us by a point, but that's assuming we lose at Villa and Norwich. Two points in those two tough away games and it's ours, and that's assuming Fulham get 11 points, any slip ups by them and we'd be OK. Their run can't go on for ever. Villa won't catch us now even i they beat us.

Could you show us how you do it, again please would be nice, after all it’s still kind of Easter 🐣

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Christmas is a time for giving.
    And so is Easter