+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo

Scored for the 10th game in a row today taking him to 650 career goals.

The man is a goal machine.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

650 goals in 903 appearances not bad

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    650 goals in 903 appearances not bad
    Arguably the greatest player of all time

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He is but ........... you can't argue he just keeps scoring goals obviously I prefer another player but 2 unbelievable players in the same generation

Pelé scored over 600 goals for Santos at virtually a goal a game and 77 goals for Brazil in just over 90 appearances and was a triple World Cup winner. He will always be the greatest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Pelé scored over 600 goals for Santos at virtually a goal a game and 77 goals for Brazil in just over 90 appearances and was a triple World Cup winner. He will always be the greatest for me.
    I'm to young for pele but obviously know he was amazing but was it that hard to score all those goals in Brazil

I'm to young for pele but obviously know he was amazing but was it that hard to score all those goals in Brazil
    Fair question but his scoring record at international level was almost as good as club level during a period in the 60’s when defensive football was prevalent.

Didn’t Pele count friendly and testimonial goals. Probably got a 100 from his back garden

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Didn’t Pele count friendly and testimonial goals. Probably got a 100 from his back garden
    He was well over 1000 goals if you include friendlies.

Pele wasn’t even the best player in Brazil, just the most self promoted

Pele wasn’t even the best player in Brazil, just the most self promoted
    Yeah it was purely coincidental that he was a triple World Cup winner.

Yeah it was purely coincidental that he was a triple World Cup winner.
    2 world cups actually and more down to his team mates than him.

Over 500 are friendly and exhibition matches. Probably counted the goals he scored in training too.

Ronaldo is well on his way to beating the 757 official goals Pele scored

2 world cups actually and more down to his team mates than him.
    Try again. The only player in the history of the game to be a triple World Cup winner in 58,62 and 70.

Try again. The only player in the history of the game to be a triple World Cup winner in 58,62 and 70.
    1962 he was injured in the 2nd game. Doesn’t count.

1962 he was injured in the 2nd game. Doesn’t count.

Oh but it does count and he has a World Cup winners medal to show for it. The only player in the history of the game to be a triple World Cup winner. That’s not my opinion. It’s a fact.

As good as Ronaldo is, he’s a pale imitation of Pele when we look at the best player in the world. Never won a World Cup and never will.

Chalk and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As good as Ronaldo is, he’s a pale imitation of Pele when we look at the best player in the world. Never won a World Cup and never will.

Chalk and cheese.
    To be fair and I say this for leo as well if either had the other ten players pele had they would have 3/4 world cups that 1970's Brazil team was unreal

To be fair and I say this for leo as well if either had the other ten players pele had they would have 3/4 world cups that 1970's Brazil team was unreal
    My favourite ever team. Pelé was still regarded as the king of that team. Let’s not forget he was a teenager and played brilliantly when they won the World Cup in 58 and by some distance the best player at the start of the World Cup in 62.
    You could also argue that Ronaldo has played in an incredible Real Madrid team which has helped his scoring record enormously.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

My favourite ever team. Pelé was still regarded as the king of that team. Let’s not forget he was a teenager and played brilliantly when they won the World Cup in 58 and by some distance the best player at the start of the World Cup in 62.
    You could also argue that Ronaldo has played in an incredible Real Madrid team which has helped his scoring record enormously.
    I'm not arguing i personally think Messi is the greatest footballer ever born it's difficult to compare players everyone has their favourite you could never really say who the greatest ever was, I've watched loads of clips of George best and he looked incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Chalk and cheese.
    Ridiculous argument. Brazil have won 5 world cups. And has 20 times the population of Portugal.

That's like saying Nobby Stiles is better than Gareth Bale.

No one who played in that team with him says he was the King of the Tean. Jairzinho scored more goals than him in that World Cup and whenever I see any documentaries he gets more plaudits than Pele from his fellow team mates.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Ridiculous argument. Brazil have won 5 world cups. And has 20 times the population of Portugal.

That's like saying Nobby Stiles is better than Gareth Bale.
    Correct

No one who played in that team with him says he was the King of the Tean. Jairzinho scored more goals than him in that World Cup and whenever I see any documentaries he gets more plaudits than Pele from his fellow team mates.
    He was Player of the Tournament in 1970 and regarded as the King.