+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cristiano Ronaldo

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

I never understand why every time Messi and Ronaldo do something why one has to be better than the other. It’s weird that people care so much rather than just enjoying 2 of the best players of all time.

I always think the Ronaldo just trains hard and Messi has all the talent does both of them a huge disservice too. Obviously Ronaldo is very talented or someone like James Milner would have been just as good with how hard he works. And obviously messi has to work his bollocks off to stay at the top of his game this long.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I am
    Have you seen the goal he scored in warm up on Saturday gringo?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post

I just looked at it mate. Fairly similar to his free kick in the game.

If that was Pele he would have counted it in his career goals total.

On a side note I once saw Cornelius score in the warm up. From 25 yards. There was no-one in goals though.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If that was Pele he would have counted it in his career goals total.

On a side note I once saw Cornelius score in the warm up. From 25 yards. There was no-one in goals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I never understand why every time Messi and Ronaldo do something why one has to be better than the other. It’s weird that people care so much rather than just enjoying 2 of the best players of all time.

I always think the Ronaldo just trains hard and Messi has all the talent does both of them a huge disservice too. Obviously Ronaldo is very talented or someone like James Milner would have been just as good with how hard he works. And obviously messi has to work his bollocks off to stay at the top of his game this long.
    I think both players are fantastic, im just having a bit of fun with the Messi fan boys on here.

Even though I think Messi is the more enjoyable to watch, and probably just shades it, i do think this last few years Ronaldo has closed the gap. I think it used to be Messi on another level, then Ronaldo, then the rest.

Now its Messi and Ronaldo on the same level, and then the rest. Wether Neymar can kick on to that level remains to be seen but I think he will need to move away from PSG to acheive it.

I think both players are fantastic, im just having a bit of fun with the Messi fan boys on here.

Even though I think Messi is the more enjoyable to watch, and probably just shades it, i do think this last few years Ronaldo has closed the gap. I think it used to be Messi on another level, then Ronaldo, then the rest.

Now its Messi and Ronaldo on the same level, and then the rest. Wether Neymar can kick on to that level remains to be seen but I think he will need to move away from PSG to acheive it.
    I like neymar but can't see him getting anywhere near the two above money seems to be his biggest goal

I like neymar but can't see him getting anywhere near the two above money seems to be his biggest goal
    I wouldnt argue with that

He never plays or trains around his sister's birthday. Pathetic

Sums it up perfectly I think 👍

Not sure why I used the word gay to be honest. It wasn't meant as homophobic at all. Just a word I'd have used in high school when I was immature. Sorry if I've offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Not sure why I used the word gay to be honest. It wasn't meant as homophobic at all. Just a word I'd have used in high school when I was immature. Sorry if I've offended anyone.
    What a poof!

Says who? Can’t find anything to confirm who was the official player of the tournament.
    Check wiki. He won the golden ball for player of the tournament.

Click bait....shrugs shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Check wiki. He won the golden ball for player of the tournament.
    Well if it says on Wiki then it must be true

Well if it says on Wiki then it must be true
    Check it out for yourself. He was player of the tournament, Gerson second, Müller third. Nothing more to add. I rest my case m’lud.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Check it out for yourself. He was player of the tournament, Gerson second, Müller third. Nothing more to add. I rest my case m’lud.
    Voted for by Coca Cola and MasterCard

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And Best didn't even have to train or try , he was simply a natural genius ,incredible balance , flair beyond the trainng manual , he'd play as well on a perfect pitch or a muddy one ,freak of nature .
    An old football coach of mine played with Georgie, and he had a few tales to tell. Now he was still a very decent player when I played with him, but he said Best was something else. It was around that time I thought that maybe professional football wasn't for me

Great inside insight from wales-bales there that George Best was quite good!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Great inside insight from wales-bales there that George Best was quite good!
    You are missing the point. My coach who is an ex-international was quite good, but he told me that next to Best he wasn't really all that good, and I was aiming to be as good as my coach

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You are missing the point. My coach who is an ex-international was quite good, but he told me that next to Best he wasn't really all that good, and I was aiming to be as good as my coach
    Sounds like you had to be there to get it

Sounds like you had to be there to get it
    Yep, it was a devastating moment.

Yep, it was a devastating moment.
    Who was your coach?... ( it wasn't a great penalty)