+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time for calm heads

Time for calm heads

The time has come to call upon the most important of all requirements at this stage, calm heads and steady nerves.
    This is the time when the most experienced and most knowledgeable people call on past experience and campaigns.
    There isn't a better man around for this situation than Neil Warnock. He has been here many times before and will know exactly how to galvanise the squad and instill the belief needed to go into the remaining games.
    He's been in similar situations with Plymouth, Sheffield United and QPR, getting them all over the line.
    The combined experience of the coaching staff, the captain and other senior pro's is where the responsibility now falls, as well as the fans holding their nerve.
    City have these qualities in abundance with Bamba, Hoillett, Morrison, Gunarsson being just a few.
    As I see it one of the key positions is the central midfield holding role. Anyone who has ever played the game will appreciate how crucial this position is.
    For me Grujic is key in this role, he's ideal and shown that he can sit in the pocket a yard or two behind Gunarsson or Bryson/Ralls (if fit).
    He is calm, looks up and 'buys' the crucial extra second to pick a pass and spot danger. He has patience on the ball and conveys an 'air' of calm.
    If available I'd play him in every game, he's the key.
    Player's appreciate a player like him alongside side and around them.
    Up the City!

Re: Time for calm heads

Quote Originally Posted by Grange end 1975 View Post
    The time has come to call upon the most important of all requirements at this stage, calm heads and steady nerves.
    This is the time when the most experienced and most knowledgeable people call on past experience and campaigns.
    There isn't a better man around for this situation than Neil Warnock. He has been here many times before and will know exactly how to galvanise the squad and instill the belief needed to go into the remaining games.
    He's been in similar situations with Plymouth, Sheffield United and QPR, getting them all over the line.
    The combined experience of the coaching staff, the captain and other senior pro's is where the responsibility now falls, as well as the fans holding their nerve.
    City have these qualities in abundance with Bamba, Hoillett, Morrison, Gunarsson being just a few.
    As I see it one of the key positions is the central midfield holding role. Anyone who has ever played the game will appreciate how crucial this position is.
    For me Grujic is key in this role, he's ideal and shown that he can sit in the pocket a yard or two behind Gunarsson or Bryson/Ralls (if fit).
    He is calm, looks up and 'buys' the crucial extra second to pick a pass and spot danger. He has patience on the ball and conveys an 'air' of calm.
    Up the City!
    Top post

Badly need Ralls back.

Id play Ralls Patterson Grujic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Badly need Ralls back.

Id play Ralls Patterson Grujic.
    Sounds good, I agree.
    If Ralls comes back he would have the job of trying to shackle Jack Grealish, when we have possession it would release Patterson to bomb on and Grujic can sit back and pull the strings. Hoillet drops back and tucks in nice on the left when they've got the ball, he doesn't forget his defensive duties.

What's your thoughts on the midfield tomorrow night Sludge?

Up the City!
    Good post. Grujic and Paterson have to start if fit.
    Spedger

I agree, Grujic can sit in the hole, spray the ball enabling Patterson to make his runs.
    Hopefully, if Ralls plays he can be his usual biting in the tackle and hold on to possession, we're going to need to keep hold of the ball, especially in the opening half hour.

Up the City!
    Find it hard to disagree with a single word of that.

Well said.

I agree, Grujic can sit in the hole, spray the ball enabling Patterson to make his runs.
    Hopefully, if Ralls plays he can be his usual biting in the tackle and hold on to possession, we're going to need to keep hold of the ball, especially in the opening half hour.
    Paterson is unlikely to be fit.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Paterson is unlikely to be fit.
    Or Ralls it seems