Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
Equally. we've heard about amazing crops for year after year. The fact very few go on to achieve anything of note at league level ( certainly not at Championship level ) indicates we've had endless prospects simply not up to it but looking great as kids at own age group.
Good point, i'm scratching my head to think of any player we've released in recent times that has gone on and flourished. Was listening to Kevin Campbell in the week talking about his son who was at the Academy at Man City and he broke all goal scoring records at that level but refreshingly decided to jump off the gravy train (Kevin explained their salaries even at that level were massive) as he could see his pathway to the first team was always going to be blocked and has since joined Stoke City and furthermore has appeared in the premier league for them recently as a sub. It makes you think that the last real prospect that I was aware of Rabbi Montero (sp) will end up suffering a similar fate. From reading TOBW's blogs on Academy games I think we have a couple of good prospects currently, but as you say our record with prospects and them actually fulfilling their potential is abysmal.