+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GET RID OF GUNNERSON NOW !!! No I can't spell it

Re: GET RID OF GUNNERSON NOW !!! No I can't spell it

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    What does Gunnarsson offer?

Can't pass the ball. Sorry, most of the time Grealish was well away from him.

All he has is a long throw ( which we never score from ) and that Icelandic grrrrrr spirit.

For a "defensive" midfielder, our midfield has looked weaker since he returned.
    Actually, his long throw is broken too. As much as I love AG for his history with us and his Euros exploits I think our whole rhythm has been rocked by his inclusion. The other players don't seem to know what to do anymore. I suspect AG has assumed his previous leadership role, but it has changed the dressing room unfortunately.

Great servant, but I think his time is over for us and the sooner Ralls is back, the better.

100% agree, we've shoe horned him in & distorted the shape His not so long throw gives the ball away & forces another pattern of play. Everyone around me tonight was shouting for him to be taken off but we persisted & paid for it. I thought we'd lose but we should have won which makes it worse. Villa were the worst of the sides we've played in the trio from hell & we blew a big chance

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thought I had seen everything with the 'get rid of Madine' thread straight after last Fridays game but this one takes the biscuit. Yes Gunnersson didn't play well tonight but then neither did Hoilett, Zohore, Grujic, Morrison or Bamba. Perhaps we should put them all on the first train out of Cardiff in the morning !!. Talk about over reaction. We are still in with a chance of automatic, so lets see what happens.
    We've massively under-performed in the last three games. What does our starting line up from those 3 have in common? Its not rocket science

He's a really shit Robbie Savage. Cardiff City's and Warnock's downfall then he will **** off but no prem team will want him he's shit

Were playing against sides who have far greater ball keeping skills, in the midfield department.

All we seem to do is hoof the ball upfield. Our passing game - at least what there was of it - has totally disappeared. Massive holes appear in our midfield making it easy for the opposition to play us off the park. The entire team is lacking and Hoillet looks shattered and needs to be rested and Gunnarson needs to be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Iceland will be grateful to us for getting him match fit for the World Cup finals ......
    Do you think Iceland are paying us to give him game time?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    No

Like any manager NW has his favourites and he loves Gunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Actually, his long throw is broken too. As much as I love AG for his history with us and his Euros exploits I think our whole rhythm has been rocked by his inclusion. The other players don't seem to know what to do anymore. I suspect AG has assumed his previous leadership role, but it has changed the dressing room unfortunately.

Great servant, but I think his time is over for us and the sooner Ralls is back, the better.
    Never really been that long anyway.
    Morrison..now there's length

Wow...

Signing back off.

Thought I had seen everything with the 'get rid of Madine' thread straight after last Fridays game but this one takes the biscuit. Yes Gunnersson didn't play well tonight but then neither did Hoilett, Zohore, Grujic, Morrison or Bamba. Perhaps we should put them all on the first train out of Cardiff in the morning !!. Talk about over reaction. We are still in with a chance of automatic, so lets see what happens.
    Bamba?

Gunnarson is a quality player who isn't match fit , when he is , he's great at protecting the back four

He's certainly not crap

As I indicated in my post, I don’t think he is fit enough after injury to play 3 games in 8 days but Iceland will be pleased to have their captain fit ready for the World Cup. ( O.K My earlier comment was tongue in cheek) but I don’t think he is crap !
    However,. I did think Bryson should have replaced him on the hour mark as our midfield dropped deeper and the gap to our forwards was too big and our midfield tired !
    Annoying as I thought Villa were poor and with a bit of luck , we could have been 2 up at half time ......

Need to finish the season as we started , 5 wins in a row ........

I didn't comment on Madine. I have, in my opinion, made a fair call in saying our midfield has been worse since Gunnar came back. Why upset a perfectly good midfield and potentially risk automatic promotion?
    If someone tires great put him on for half hour, it's no surprise attacking players are playing worse over last 3 games..wonder What the common denominator is?

I'm not saying he's a bad player. But our midfield was WORKING before he was forced back in.

Neil has done a lot right, and needs to fix this mistake sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Were playing against sides who have far greater ball keeping skills, in the midfield department.
    Perfect. Put gunnar in who thinks he can pass the ball like Paul Scholes.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Can they give us 200 million?

BAMBA WHAT THE FCK YOU ON ABOUT THE MAN WAS BRILLIANT?

Just a touch melodramatic OP. We’re all disappointed about a defeat that was hard to take, but this really won’t help things at all.

We’re all armchair managers but NW has done brilliantly to get us here. He’s earnt the right to be trusted in his selections.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Even you can realise since gunnar has come back in to the team we've gone from unbeatable to can't win shit
    Yeah and in that time he's faced sheff utd, wolves and villa. Some of the stuff written on here is a joke. Judge him in a few games once he's not played the toughest games in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Just a touch melodramatic OP. We’re all disappointed about a defeat that was hard to take, but this really won’t help things at all.

We’re all armchair managers but NW has done brilliantly to get us here. He’s earnt the right to be trusted in his selections.
    Thread title is very harsh, probably as harsh as telling an opposition manager to **** off 3 times after a loss, but that's raw emoti9n for you.

I'm calm now, and stand by my comments about Gunnar and our midfield. I've said the same 3 games running now after 1 point in 9.

If gunnar is playing, sit him in front of the defence to protect.

If we need a man marker why make it the guy that is meant to be protecting our defence? You need a high energy Damour or Bryson for that.

What I see personally is an insistence to force gunnar back in, he thought it would inspire the season, it hasn't worked, he's not for enough and he's not being played to his strengths.

V sheff I thought Gunnar and Grujic couldn't play together.

V wolves we drop Grujic and miss his tempo, instead we have Gunnar pointing and trying to set the tempo (told etheridge not to kick the ball out once, strange choice to stop a break away) but one shining light is Bryson who chased all game.

V villa.. we need a man with legs who will chase after Grealish. Finally we have Patterson back where he's a danger, but with gunnar running loose and nobody sat in front of the defence for grujic to pick up the ball Patterson isn't effective anyway.

Game 1.. grujic and gunnar won't work, all points to going back to same midfield from last few games (I know Damour and Bryson swapped a few times)..
    Game 2.. we keep Gunnar and drop our tempo, play Patterson where he's not effective..
    Game 3.. all screams to going back to grujic Patterson and Bryson.. Bryson the man we need misses out..

ALL that over 3 games to fit gunnar in.
    Square pegs in round holes.

Our midfield is different to when gunnar played start of the season, it's not that he's a bad player, he's unfit, but he also doesn't offer the same as what's helped us tick for a run of games, now if that makes me and armchair fan, for pointing out the obvious, I'm not too bothered tbh.

That's constructive, not a knee jerk too.

Don't blame.ccfcwelshlad for logging out, but there will be some good points raised in this thread. Maybe edit the title.if it offends people.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Yeah and in that time he's faced sheff utd, wolves and villa. Some of the stuff written on here is a joke. Judge him in a few games once he's not played the toughest games in this league.
    For me he isn't to blame, he's been thrown on. NW must see he hasn't been any use to us over 3 games. Neil's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thread title is very harsh, probably as harsh as telling an opposition manager to **** off 3 times after a loss, but that's raw emoti9n for you.

I'm calm now, and stand by my comments about Gunnar and our midfield. I've said the same 3 games running now after 1 point in 9.

If we need a man marker why make it the guy that is meant to be protecting our defence? You need a high energy Damour or Bryson for that.

What I see personally is an insistence to force gunnar back in, he thought it would inspire the season, it hasn't worked, he's not for enough and he's not being played to his strengths.

V wolves we drop Grujic and miss his tempo, instead we have Gunnar pointing and trying to set the tempo (told etheridge not to kick the ball out once, strange choice to stop a break away) but one shining light is Bryson who chased all game.

V villa.. we need a man with legs who will chase after Grealish. Finally we have Patterson back where he's a danger, but with gunnar running loose and nobody sat in front of the defence for grujic to pick up the ball Patterson isn't effective anyway.

Game 1.. grujic and gunnar won't work, all points to going back to same midfield from last few games (I know Damour and Bryson swapped a few times)..
    Game 2.. we keep Gunnar and drop our tempo, play Patterson where he's not effective..
    Game 3.. all screams to going back to grujic Patterson and Bryson.. Bryson the man we need misses out..

Our midfield is different to when gunnar played start of the season, it's not that he's a bad player, he's unfit, but he also doesn't offer the same as what's helped us tick for a run of games, now if that makes me and armchair fan, for pointing out the obvious, I'm not too bothered tbh.

Don't blame.ccfcwelshlad for logging out, but there will be some good points raised in this thread. Maybe edit the title.if it offends people.
    100%. Gunnarsson is trying to occupy the positions Grujic does, there were a few instances last night and against Sheffield united when Grujic received the ball, turned and had Gunnarsson right next to him

Grujic is a better player than Gunnarsson, Bryson is more suited to man marking and chasing than Gunnarsson and Paterson is a better attacking player than Gunnarsson. I don't know why we're trying to shoehorn in a barely fit midfielder in the run in, it makes no sense

He's only in there for his long throws

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    100%. Gunnarsson is trying to occupy the positions Grujic does, there were a few instances last night and against Sheffield united when Grujic received the ball, turned and had Gunnarsson right next to him

Grujic is a better player than Gunnarsson, Bryson is more suited to man marking and chasing than Gunnarsson and Paterson is a better attacking player than Gunnarsson. I don't know why we're trying to shoehorn in a barely fit midfielder in the run in, it makes no sense

He's only in there for his long throws
    I don't want my post to come across as an attack on Gunnar, but I said after the SU game he got in Grujics way.
    Why let Grujic grow into a role then push Gunnar (not fit) into the team? It's not August where we can experiment with the team, if it works, just flipping leave it alone.

Now IF in any game it's not working, then yeah change it.

I'm not NW or do I have any coaching experience, so yeah by definition I'm an armchair manager, but sometimes it's easier to spot things looking in from the outside that may not be apparent to tired eyes.

Yes, it seems at the most critical part of the season, the run in, Warnock has gone for Gunersson as the mainstay in midfield. This is obviously to compensate for the loss of Ralls.
    Gunners doesn't look fully match fit to me and we are running out of games to get the blend right.
    Grealish played well last night without really shining and that's what we're missing at the moment, without Ralls there we've lost the catalyst for most of the creativity. Grujic is in my mind probably the best to sit in alongside a Ralls, but hey, that's what we've got to pick from. It looks like Bryson may get the nod at Norwich unless Warnock persists with Gunners.
    Whoever it is they can't keep giving sloppy passes away like last night.
    We need to keep possession better and that applies upfront as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

That's a lot more rational and I agree with the view that our midfield is unbalanced since Gunnars has come back - and I posted this on another thread a few days ago. However, he will still have an important role to play over the next few games - even if from the bench. We don't need to get rid of him - just get him to work within a system that has been brilliant for us for a few months.