Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
Just a touch melodramatic OP. We’re all disappointed about a defeat that was hard to take, but this really won’t help things at all.

We’re all armchair managers but NW has done brilliantly to get us here. He’s earnt the right to be trusted in his selections.
Thread title is very harsh, probably as harsh as telling an opposition manager to **** off 3 times after a loss, but that's raw emoti9n for you.

I'm calm now, and stand by my comments about Gunnar and our midfield. I've said the same 3 games running now after 1 point in 9.

If gunnar is playing, sit him in front of the defence to protect.

If we need a man marker why make it the guy that is meant to be protecting our defence? You need a high energy Damour or Bryson for that.

What I see personally is an insistence to force gunnar back in, he thought it would inspire the season, it hasn't worked, he's not for enough and he's not being played to his strengths.

V sheff I thought Gunnar and Grujic couldn't play together.

V wolves we drop Grujic and miss his tempo, instead we have Gunnar pointing and trying to set the tempo (told etheridge not to kick the ball out once, strange choice to stop a break away) but one shining light is Bryson who chased all game.

V villa.. we need a man with legs who will chase after Grealish. Finally we have Patterson back where he's a danger, but with gunnar running loose and nobody sat in front of the defence for grujic to pick up the ball Patterson isn't effective anyway.

Game 1.. grujic and gunnar won't work, all points to going back to same midfield from last few games (I know Damour and Bryson swapped a few times)..
Game 2.. we keep Gunnar and drop our tempo, play Patterson where he's not effective..
Game 3.. all screams to going back to grujic Patterson and Bryson.. Bryson the man we need misses out..

ALL that over 3 games to fit gunnar in.
Square pegs in round holes.

Our midfield is different to when gunnar played start of the season, it's not that he's a bad player, he's unfit, but he also doesn't offer the same as what's helped us tick for a run of games, now if that makes me and armchair fan, for pointing out the obvious, I'm not too bothered tbh.

That's constructive, not a knee jerk too.

Don't blame.ccfcwelshlad for logging out, but there will be some good points raised in this thread. Maybe edit the title.if it offends people.