+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bottled it?

Bottled it?

Got to admire Cardiff's sheer commitment to bottling promotion in new and exciting ways

Re: Bottled it?

Even by Cardiff standards this takes some beating

I wouldn't exactly say we bottled it. We just haven't played that well. It's not like we gave up and got thoroughly turned over. No one can fault the effort. We just lack real quality. We've been done in by a single moment of quality by a very good player in each of the last two games.

We always knew we had to keep winnng pretty much every game or Fulham would catch us. As much as people keep saying “their run can’t continue....” oh yes it can!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say we bottled it. We just haven't played that well. It's not like we gave up and got thoroughly turned over. No one can fault the effort. We just lack real quality. We've been done in by a single moment of quality by a very good player in each of the last two games.
    Which is what I think a player like Tomlin could give us. He's a player who's divided opinion more than most in recent years, but our game plan can be quite predictable at times. Yes you lose out in certain areas when he plays, but one moment of his magic could be the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We've lost to two sides at the top of the table, a really poor finish to the season might mean that charges of bottling it will have some justification, but I don't think so - we've done amazingly well really considering we are among the worst passers of the ball in the Championship - we may even be the worst now after our last few games

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Got to admire Cardiff's sheer commitment to bottling promotion in new and exciting ways
    Who the players or the fans - I've seen nothing but sheer effort and commitment from the players. If we are not good enough over the next 5 games plus possibly the playoffs it won't be because they haven't played their hearts out. As a fan that's all I ask - that they play like I would if I was fortunate to play.

Wouldn't say we've bottled it, we just lack that bit of quality where it matters. Would Mitrovic or Bonatini missed that Zohore chance when it was still 0-0?

No I don’t believe we’ve bottled it. But I’m sure we need Fulham to fail to win at least a couple of times. Let’s hope the pressure of trying to stay in second has an effect on them.

80 points on the board with five games to go. Last two games we could have won or drawn both of them. Definitely not 'bottled it' and the season isnt over either.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We've lost to two sides at the top of the table, a really poor finish to the season might mean that charges of bottling it will have some justification, but I don't think so - we've done amazingly well really considering we are among the worst passers of the ball in the Championship - we may even be the worst now after our last few games
    Since Gunnarson came back I’d say that particular accolade is pretty much assured!

Going by some of the treads and posts on here since Fridays defeat, I’d say its some of our fans who appear to be bottling it.

Any other season we would've been ok but fair play to Fulham they just keep marching on

We've been caught by a team that has gone nearly half a season without losing. I think the table is correcting itself with the two outstanding teams first and second. We've done really well but probably will lose out to two very good teams.

It's possible however Fulham may yet 'bottle it' now they're finally got in front and there's a mentality shift, but whether we can bounce back to capitalise at this stage is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Who the players or the fans - I've seen nothing but sheer effort and commitment from the players. If we are not good enough over the next 5 games plus possibly the playoffs it won't be because they haven't played their hearts out. As a fan that's all I ask - that they play like I would if I was fortunate to play.
    The effort cannot be questioned but as a fan I expect players of that level to be able to pass the ball 5 yards to a team mate. I could do that and I’m not paid tens of thousands a week.

The number of times we failed to execute the most simplest of passes last night by giving it away, putting the receiver under pressure or kicking it in to touch was ridiculous.

There was instance first half where Peltier and NML passed the ball back and forth, putting each other under more pressure until Peltier kicked it into touch!!!

Same happened 2nd half with Gunnar and Peltier then Grujic.

I’m sorry if I expect a little bit more from a team who are trying to get automatic promotion to the Premier League.