+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Emotion and disappointment aside- what a poor quality ‘mid table’ game that was tonight

Emotion and disappointment aside- what a poor quality ‘mid table’ game that was tonight

And nobody can really question that the best 2 sides in the league are the 2 currently in the top 2, who unless something very unexpected happens will be the 2 going up.

We deserve play offs over the full season. Whoever we do play in the play offs won’t be much good either though, villa are poor, derby unpredictable, then whoever nicks 6th place will be up for it but they won’t be that good.

My guess is we’ll be in the semis v derby. I felt that as soon as that game was called off!

Re: Emotion and disappointment aside- what a poor quality ‘mid table’ game that was tonight

Agreed there. Both sides tonight were dreadful. Always would be a single goal to pinch that and unfortunately it went to them.

Re: Emotion and disappointment aside- what a poor quality ‘mid table’ game that was tonight

Two awful sides devoid of any real quality

The game didn’t deserve that winning goal, especially from that diving ****

If either of these sides get promoted, god help the Premiership, they will tear it apart 👀

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Two awful sides devoid of any real quality

The game didn’t deserve that winning goal, especially from that diving ****
    0-0 would have been fitting, and considering how poor our finishing was- was the best we could have hoped for.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    And nobody can really question that the best 2 sides in the league are the 2 currently in the top 2, who unless something very unexpected happens will be the 2 going up.

We deserve play offs over the full season. Whoever we do play in the play offs won’t be much good either though, villa are poor, derby unpredictable, then whoever nicks 6th place will be up for it but they won’t be that good.

My guess is we’ll be in the semis v derby. I felt that as soon as that game was called off!
    Pretty much agree. Both teams were poor tonight, they were better in possession without really hurting us, but we lack composure and movement in midfield, and we're slow on the ball. I was sat watching the game and I thought to myself, what would I think if I was a neutral? I'd think we were shit to be honest, can't play or don't want to. It's a difficult situation, because there is method in the way Warnocks' Cardiff play, and if we'd had sneaked it tonight, then none of us would be that negative about the performance as 'That's what we do' I just feels a whole lot worse when we lose, as the footballing side of things-or lack of-becomes more prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    If either of these sides get promoted, god help the Premiership, they will tear it apart 👀
    I bet the PL is shitting itself

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Pretty much agree. Both teams were poor tonight, they were better in possession without really hurting us, but we lack composure and movement in midfield, and we're slow on the ball. I was sat watching the game and I thought to myself, what would I think if I was a neutral? I'd think we were shit to be honest, can't play or don't want to. It's a difficult situation, because there is method in the way Warnocks' Cardiff play, and if we'd had sneaked it tonight, then none of us would be that negative about the performance as 'That's what we do' I just feels a whole lot worse when we lose, as the footballing side of things-or lack of-becomes more prominent.
    Very often the result masks the quality of performance.

There was a few occasions tonight, usually involving Peltier and Gunner, where we were making playing the most simple of 5 yard passes look like a sketch from the Chuckle Brothers.

There was a few occasions tonight, usually involving Peltier and Gunner, where we were making playing the most simple of 5 yard passes look like a sketch from the Chuckle Brothers.
    We made things incredibly hard for ourselves. We put so much pressure on our back 4 and DMs that I would've been amazed if we'd held out. We certainly weren't going to create any sustained pressure.

We either looked heavy legged, or the whole team were playing under shackles to get back and defend the whole time, (just in case).

Now we've made the play offs, why not shake the whole thing up and go gung ho for the last few games. Shit or bust.

Would completely dumbfound our remaining opposition at least. Would either get us the Autos, or leave our future Play Off opponents wondering what the **** they'd be facing...

Yup, and it wasn't like that initially under Warnock, it was 50-50 long ball-bit of passing-as the season has progressed the direct percentage style of play seems to have reached it's Nadir, and we may be paying the price for releasing Tomlin and Bogle, Danny Ward would've been useful as well. It's as if we have forgotten to do the basics, as for two long we haven't had to use them.