+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: European Commission raids Murdoch's Fox offices in London over sports rights 'cartel'

European Commission raids Murdoch's Fox offices in London over sports rights 'cartel'

The British offices of the Murdoch entertainment empire 21st Century Fox have been raided by investigators from the European Commission, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

It is understood that competition watchdogs gained access to the company’s offices in Hammersmith, west London, early today to seize documents and computer records.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...fox-hq-london/

Re: European Commission raids Murdoch's Fox offices in London over sports rights 'cartel'

Good. Hope they knock 12 shades of shyte out of him and his crooked businesses.

I fear that this is why Brexit was 'funded' however.

Re: European Commission raids Murdoch's Fox offices in London over sports rights 'cartel'

The **** is made of teflon

The European Commission confirmed it is investigating media companies across the EU over a suspected cartel in sports rights distribution and broadcasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The European Commission confirmed it is investigating media companies across the EU over a suspected cartel in sports rights distribution and broadcasting.
    Getting in before his sponsored Brexit happens I guess.

Thats how you do a raid, not letting them know 3 weeks before you arrive so they have plenty of time to shrread tge evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Good. Hope they knock 12 shades of shyte out of him and his crooked businesses.

I fear that this is why Brexit was 'funded' however.
    no, there was a vote, remember ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    And Murdoch's papers campaigned pretty relentlessly for one particular outcome. I wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    And who was the biggest propaganda merchant for leave? Oh Rupert murdoch’s right wing press because surprisingly it would suit him and his media monopoly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And Murdoch's papers campaigned pretty relentlessly for one particular outcome. I wonder why
    There's also the EU's clampdown on tax avoidance schemes, due to start next year. Such schemes are practiced by the right wing papers to save them millions in tax. Wonder why their billionaire owners were so quick to want us to leave?

I wonder how many working class people buy into the stuff printed by Murdoch and vote based on that. I’m sure many people did have valid reasons for voting leave but so many people I know voted it based on absolute bollocks seen on Facebook, in the sun or on the side of a bus. And their lives in the short term at least are going to be worse off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I wonder how many working class people buy into the stuff printed by Murdoch and vote based on that. I’m sure many people did have valid reasons for voting leave but so many people I know voted it based on absolute bollocks seen on Facebook, in the sun or on the side of a bus. And their lives in the short term at least are going to be worse off for it.
    probably weren't clever enough as you are to see through all the propaganda. It's amazing how many truly amazingly bright people habitually frequent message boards..

I don’t think it makes me clever tbh, I don’t think it was unintelligent people they targeted I think it was more people who felt undervalued of which a lot of the U.K. is full of.

Intelligence isn’t the issue it’s people not getting a fair crack at life due to the failing of successive governments to take notice.

Wales and the north of England aren’t full of stupid people, but they are full of people who time and again have been ignored by the government. The right wing media and the government have blamed this solely on immigrants and the EU for years and it came back to bite Cameron on the arse.

I’m not saying those things are completely innocent but they are no where near the main reasons people are eating from food banks, crime has increased and the NHS is failing. Both main parties and Murdoch want you to think they’re the main reasons though.

Some of the most intelligent people I know voted brexit; lawyers, traders, engineers. They were all taken in by it too. That’s why it’s a problem, it doesn’t target the stupid.