+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Five winnable games left, but City have lost their momentum.

Five winnable games left, but City have lost their momentum.

Re: Five winnable games left, but City have lost their momentum.

The problem has been looking for a while.
    City have lost the threat of scoring.
    Shore, although works hard, has never regained the form of last season.
    Marine has never looked threatening since his arrival (for apparently big money ?). Mendez Laing started well but has fizzled out as the season has progressed.
    Toiletries pops up with a goal now and then as does Patterson but it's simply not enough.
    We are failing at the last couple of hurdles because we are now reliant on passion and guts as opposed to ability.
    I think Warnock has punched above his weight this year but may find it a lot more difficult next season as I believe we will still be in the championship 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Marine has never looked threatening since his arrival (for apparently big money ?). Mendez Laing started well but has fizzled out as the season has progressed.
    Toiletries pops up with a goal now and then as does Patterson but it's simply not enough.
    We are failing at the last couple of hurdles because we are now reliant on passion and guts as opposed to ability.
    I think Warnock has punched above his weight this year but may find it a lot more difficult next season as I believe we will still be in the championship 🤔
    Particularly liked Toiletries

I posted a couple of weeks back that I didn't think we had the legs to keep Fulham at bay and win promotion with games to spare. To me it seemed that with our trio of difficult games and Fulham with the same number of comparative easy ones, it was going to more likely the tortoise's best chance of beating the hare was to come back at them right at the end, when they get nervy and are up against 'better' sides..

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Particularly liked Toiletries
    Shore and Marine were all at sea, too..

I'm hopeful we can wrestle back momentum similarly like we did after losing 4. I never would have thought that after that we would have gone 13 unbeaten and won 8 in a row.

I just wonder if there is another twist left, would be quite the anti climax if Fulham now just pull away.

Prior to the last 3 tough games we'd scored 11 in 4 games. Us looking less like scoring is also down to the opposition. We've also made the top sides in the division look rather toothless. Bar two amazing goals we've more than held our own in the creating chances department against the very best in the division.

I think Warnock has punched above his weight this year but may find it a lot more difficult next season as I believe we will still be in the championship ��
    We missed two pens against Wolves, and Bennett missed a good chance.
    Against Villa their keeper made three wonder saves, Zohore had at least one saved off the line and Mendez-Laing hit the post.
    We definitely looked like scoring, just were very unlucky.