+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Man City of the Championship

The Man City of the Championship

20 games undefeated, according to the presenter last night, 16 of them wins, and 4 clean sheets in a row from their last 4. Incredible stats, but to achieve this at Championship level game after game is some record. Hats off to you Fulham.

Re: The Man City of the Championship

JR JR JR...Have you seen this JR JR JR

I think that their faltering/slowing down slightly. Wouldn't be surprised for them not to win both of their next games

A lucky goal against Leeds and huge slice of luck with the miss and breakaway for their second. Only scraped past Wednesday 1-0 and last night scored as a result of some of the wort defending I've seen in a long while

Its not over yet

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think that their faltering/slowing down slightly. Wouldn't be surprised for them not to win both of their next games

A lucky goal against Leeds and huge slice of luck with the miss and breakaway for their second. Only scraped past Wednesday 1-0 and last night scored as a result of some of the wort defending I've seen in a long while

Its not over yet
    I don't think they are flying at the moment either, it's easy to look in and point at results, but also will they care about performance if they keep getting results?

I think there are still more than enough twists to come in this season.

They weren’t playing Villa or Wolves in their last few games either

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't think they are flying at the moment either, it's easy to look in and point at results, but also will they care about performance if they keep getting results?

I think there are still more than enough twists to come in this season.
    They have two much tougher games coming up that will test them massively

If they win all of their remaining games, they deserve to go up, but if we win ours, so do we

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    They weren’t playing Villa or Wolves in their last few games either
    indeed lets see what they do against brentford and millwall,its going to the last game

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    20 games undefeated, according to the presenter last night, 16 of them wins, and 4 clean sheets in a row from their last 4. Incredible stats, but to achieve this at Championship level game after game is some record. Hats off to you Fulham.
    Our run will finish soon, have you seen us lately, scraping wins against Leeds, sheff weds, and reading, anyone of these 3 teams been half decent. We would of dropped points, we scored against the run of play yeasterday, it’s now 50-50, with two very very tough games, brentford and millwall, it’s just so exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Our run will finish soon, have you seen us lately, scraping wins against Leeds, sheff weds, and reading, anyone of these 3 teams been half decent. We would of dropped points, we scored against the run of play yeasterday, it’s now 50-50, with two very very tough games, brentford and millwall, it’s just so exciting
    It’s refreshing to read another fans perspective as most of assume it’s all over now. Encouraging to read other fans think it’s only 50:50.

Villa are still in it also despite what their fans think. They should beat leeds on Friday so will be 1 behind Cardiff and 2 behind Fulham before either of us play again.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    The darlings of the media, bbc etc also. Everyone loves Fulham, the poshest and nicest away day. It’s like a tropical oasis but it in West London.

Reckon you could get that put on busses and in the newspapers in South Wales if I go halfsies?

Reading didn't have a single shot on target last night. I'm not sure if that's down to Reading or Fulham. I suppose it doesn't matter now. Let's just see what happens on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The darlings of the media, bbc etc also. Everyone loves Fulham, the poshest and nicest away day. It’s like a tropical oasis but it in West London.
    It never use to be like that, it was always the bridesmaid club, in the shadow of Chelsea,

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Reading didn't have a single shot on target last night. I'm not sure if that's down to Reading or Fulham. I suppose it doesn't matter now. Let's just see what happens on Saturday.
    Second half reading never threatened with intent, first half they missed a sitter, the striker missed the ball, we scored 25 mins in first attack!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We were the better side until they scored. In truth thereafter they were comfortable but didn’t create very much. Brentford and Millwall will be much bigger tests for the,.

Second half reading never threatened with intent, first half they missed a sitter, the striker missed the ball, we scored 25 mins in first attack!!!
    Yep a fair summation.

The problem is we are playing the worst football we have seen all season. Fulham might not be playing their best either but are winning while we are losing. Our form has slumped beyond belief. All we are doing is hoofing the ball whenever we get it. Our midfield is unbalanced and even probably one of our best players in Hoillet is looking shattered; Gunnarson is still unfit and Zahore is running around like a headless chicken because he has absolutely no support. If Ralls isn't fit soon to restore balance we will struggle to win more than a couple of games before the season ends meaning we will probably end up in 4th or 5th place.

Are we really like man city ? They have lost 3 in a row, so we know what’s coming

Are we really like man city ? They have lost 3 in a row, so we know what’s coming
    I read the title and thought the OP was referring to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The problem is we are playing the worst football we have seen all season. Fulham might not be playing their best either but are winning while we are losing. Our form has slumped beyond belief. All we are doing is hoofing the ball whenever we get it. Our midfield is unbalanced and even probably one of our best players in Hoillet is looking shattered; Gunnarson is still unfit and Zahore is running around like a headless chicken because he has absolutely no support. If Ralls isn't fit soon to restore balance we will struggle to win more than a couple of games before the season ends meaning we will probably end up in 4th or 5th place.
    That's ridiculously pessimistic, surely you're on the wind up! We've lost to Wolves and Villa FFS

Main thing is we're still showing loads of fight. Not bottling anything at all which is all you can ask for. Positivity goes a long way, if you're expecting the players to give their all right now the least you can do as a fan is match that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We were the better side until they scored. In truth thereafter they were comfortable but didn’t create very much. Brentford and Millwall will be much bigger tests for the,.
    He's not interested in the Fulham fella who was there, more interested in stats that never paint a picture of how a game goes, pointless giving first hand accounts lads.

Posted in error.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's ridiculously pessimistic, surely you're on the wind up! We've lost to Wolves and Villa FFS
    No wind up. Apart from the final sentence tell me why you disagree.