+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gloom and doom?

Gloom and doom?

I didn't see the game last night (apart from the goal ) and whereas I can understand peoples' concern especially seeing as we have a track record of messing things up, the team's destiny is still very much in their own hands.

Despite Fulham being the form team, we have just played 2 good sides, and did well against Wolves I thought, despite the comedy ending. If we get enough points we can't be caught, and that counts for a lot.

I suspect that Fulham would gladly swap places with us as things stand.

So even though the current blip is disconcerting, we are still in a really good position.

Re: Gloom and doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I didn't see the game last night (apart from the goal ) and whereas I can understand peoples' concern especially seeing as we have a track record of messing things up, the team's destiny is still very much in their own hands.

Despite Fulham being the form team, we have just played 2 good sides, and did well against Wolves I thought, despite the comedy ending. If we get enough points we can't be caught, and that counts for a lot.

So even though the current blip is disconcerting, we are still in a really good position.

Err No. Fulham have the points we don't, they haven't lost in 18 games winning 15 of them. They have one marginally difficult game left, they have by far the better players. We have done well to get to the playoffs. If we lose to Norwich on Saturday, and lets be honest all the signs are we will and Fulham win at home to Brentford, lets be honest all the sign are they will, that will be a 4 point gap. At this point its time to start resting players for the playoffs. Its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    Err No. Fulham have the points we don't, they haven't lost in 18 games winning 15 of them. They have one marginally difficult game left, they have by far the better players. We have done well to get to the playoffs. If we lose to Norwich on Saturday, and lets be honest all the signs are we will and Fulham win at home to Brentford, lets be honest all the sign are they will, that will be a 4 point gap. At this point its time to start resting players for the playoffs. Its that simple.
    Absolute bollocks, if we win our game in hand we’ll be above Fulham. They might be favourites to go up and have been on an incredible run but to write it off already is madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

If you watched the game then you wouldnt be saying we played 2 good sides.

Villa were there for the taking last night, to come away with a point would have been disapointing, to come away with F-all is gutting.

****ing hell pug, I hope you don't work at the Samaritans.

The fact we could have gotten a point form Wolves and 3 from Villa (although a negative in some peoples eyes) to me is actually a positive.

We still have enough about us. Remember this is the team that lost 4 in a row and showed massive character and bottle to go on a huge run putting us clear in second.

Think we still get second.

Christ. If I'd just had the happiest moment of my life, if probably search for the highest bridge to jump off after speaking to you

Yep 5 wins should ensure our promotion. Only 5 more wins required

That’s the spirit. I tell you what a better team than Reading would have beaten them last night. They were average. Don’t rule out Brentford getting a result against them.