+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we want to go up?

Do we want to go up?

Just puzzled
    Villa were there for the taking last night.
    We just never got at them.
    Bizarre.
    Not happy today.

Re: Do we want to go up?

I think the tank is close to empty ,

That was a very poor villa side

We lost a close game by a single goal. Let's not start with nonsense like the players want to lose so they don't have to go up for some unexplained reason. They will be more gutted than any of us.

Paid them too much respect again with our tactics. They were there for the taking, we should have been making positive substitutions long before they scored. 2nd striker on in the 90th minute. Too f*cking late Neil. Too f*cking late.

A point beforehand wouldnt have been so bad, but with Villa missing players, then getting them injured before and during they were very much there for the taking.

They weren't great, but I think it's a gamelan that we have adopted successfully over the season, particularly away. Keep things tight at the back and nick a goal or two on the break or from a set piece.

We probably should have scored and instead they have scored a worldie. As a single match it wouldn't be awful but we are getting to the stage now where a point probably wouldn't have been even that good last night.

We will need 3 at Norwich to keep it in our own hands. Hopefully we get that urgency and intensity back.

Given the significant financial losses recently revealed in the Club's accounts and the loss of parachute payments I would have thought the club would be quite keen to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Given the significant financial losses recently revealed in the Club's accounts and the loss of parachute payments I would have thought the club would be quite keen to go up.
    Don't forget the £10 million player-bonus pot.

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;4864930]Paid them too much respect again with our tactics. They were there for the taking, we should have been making positive substitutions long before they scored. 2nd striker on in the 90th minute. Too f*cking late Neil. Too f*cking late.

I thought it was fecking criminal bringing Pilks on at 90mins

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Just puzzled
    Villa were there for the taking last night.
    We just never got at them.
    Bizarre.
    Not happy today.
    Ask their keeper who was my MOM

Yes. Going up and getting dicked won't be great but it'll feel a lot better than if we missed out.

Also, why we didn't constantly give NML the ball and to run at their left back I don't know. We should have overloaded down that side, and I'd have gone 4-4-2 when they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Desperate to go up. It's why Tan suddenly found money in January.

The players will want promotion, what feasible reasons can anyone give for them wanting to fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Desperate to go up. It's why Tan suddenly found money in January.

The players will want promotion, what feasible reasons can anyone give for them wanting to fail?
    I wonder where we would be if we had managed to get mitrovic instead of madine in January.

A lot of our players would lose their jobs if we went up, and it's nice in Cardiff innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A lot of our players would lose their jobs if we went up, and it's nice in Cardiff innit.
    Are you being serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They weren't great, but I think it's a gamelan that we have adopted successfully over the season, particularly away. Keep things tight at the back and nick a goal or two on the break or from a set piece.

We probably should have scored and instead they have scored a worldie. As a single match it wouldn't be awful but we are getting to the stage now where a point probably wouldn't have been even that good last night.

We will need 3 at Norwich to keep it in our own hands. Hopefully we get that urgency and intensity back.
    Villa are in a rut and there for the taking, but we hardly went at them like our lives depended on it. Norwich won’t be that easy, they just whipped Villa

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Are you being serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes. Going up and getting dicked won't be great but it'll feel a lot better than if we missed out.

Also, why we didn't constantly give NML the ball and to run at their left back I don't know. We should have overloaded down that side, and I'd have gone 4-4-2 when they did.
    Indeed - was wondering about this in the ground last night.

In answer to the OP question - yes. I want to see us make a proper fist of the PL rather than the amateur half cocked effort last time.

FCS if Burnley, B'mouth even them down the road can survive and prosper then any club can.

I never believed this possible. But a year or so ago I bumped into a very decent ex player of ours who told me that this does go on. Some players know they will be gone so why try too hard? Still, I can’t get my head around it.

Remember when we used to keep clean sheets?

You do come up with some shit fair play

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You do come up with some shit fair play
    Apparently it does happen!

If one of our 5 clear cut chances had gone in , would this have made everything alright ?

My point , as always is that it’s fine margins in sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    If one of our 5 clear cut chances had gone in , would this have made everything alright ?

My point , as always is that it’s fine margins in sport.
    True, we could easily have been 2 up at half time but for some bad luck and great goal keeping. Also missed one or two good chances in second half and then they score a screamer.