+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: With 5 games to go

With 5 games to go

We are 1 of only 2 teams in the championship who still have automatic promotion in our own hands. Not a bad position to be in after losing 2 on the bounce.
    22 other teams would love to swap places.

Re: With 5 games to go

Isn't it 21?

Indeed great season .

I wouldn't fancy facing us in the play offs.

Can't wait for the cancellation of Met police leave for the City Millwall play off final .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed great season .

I wouldn't fancy facing us in the play offs.

Can't wait for the cancellation of Met police leave for the City Millwall play off final .
    Now that would be a tasty encounter.

I've been thinking. Worst case scenario and Fulham pip us to 2nd, then who else is there to fear in the playoffs? Ralls back and a few players rested and we would blow anyone away..

I still think we'll go up automatically though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I've been thinking. Worst case scenario and Fulham pip us to 2nd, then who else is there to fear in the playoffs? Ralls back and a few players rested and we would blow anyone away..

I still think we'll go up automatically though.
    Cardiff city and playoffs don’t mix, never have, never will.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Cardiff city and playoffs don’t mix, never have, never will.
    2003, beating the Wurzels en route?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Except that one

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Neil Alexander & the best save in City history ...... memories

4 wins will do us, with 5 games to go. Mind you, win 5 and its a certainty. We now don't play anyone on the level of Wolves or Villa, so we will see what the boys are made of. Win this weekend and they've got a week to forget this run of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We now don't play anyone on the level of Wolves or Villa.
    Derby 2- 0 Villa
    Hull 0-0 Villa
    Norwich 3-1 Villa Villa 1 point

Derby 0-2 Wolves
    Hull 2-3 Wolves
    Norwich 0-2 Wolves Wolves 9 points

Derby 1-2 Fulham
    Hull 2-2 Fulham
    Norwich 0-2 Fulham Fulham 7 points

Derby 3
    Hull 2
    Norwich 3

Take your pick. Villa probably a bad comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Derby 2- 0 Villa
    Hull 0-0 Villa
    Norwich 3-1 Villa Villa 1 point

Derby 0-2 Wolves
    Hull 2-3 Wolves
    Norwich 0-2 Wolves Wolves 9 points

Derby 1-2 Fulham
    Hull 2-2 Fulham
    Norwich 0-2 Fulham Fulham 7 points

Derby 3
    Hull 2
    Norwich 3

Take your pick. Villa probably a bad comparison.
    Villa are directly behind us. It is a fact that we don't play anyone as good as them.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Except that one
    That was in league 1 not the champ, and the final was in Cardiff. Plus we only had to beat the wurzels who are the biggest losers ever....

3 wins from Cardiff wil be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    3 wins from Cardiff wil be enough.
    I run this place and update www.cardiffcitymad.co.uk and my heart has ruled my head last few days.

I've not been able to post on here, update the main website or think rationally as it's making me feel sick.

I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts after the last week or so but I'm trying to be positive and my ideal scenario for the next week would be for Cardiff to win at Norwich, Fulham, feeling the pressure a little, then draw at home to Brentford, then next week you play on the Friday and lose at Millwall while we beat Forest on the Saturday night to put us 4 points ahead with a game in hand.

I'd feel a damn sight better then than I do now.

But if you continue to win all your games then you deserve to go up. We were in that position and we stopped winning. It's cut-throat and you are marauding at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I run this place and update www.cardiffcitymad.co.uk and my heart has ruled my head last few days.

I've not been able to post on here, update the main website or think rationally as it's making me feel sick.

I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts after the last week or so but I'm trying to be positive and my ideal scenario for the next week would be for Cardiff to win at Norwich, Fulham, feeling the pressure a little, then draw at home to Brentford, then next week you play on the Friday and lose at Millwall while we beat Forest on the Saturday night to put us 4 points ahead with a game in hand.

I'd feel a damn sight better then than I do now.

But if you continue to win all your games then you deserve to go up. We were in that position and we stopped winning. It's cut-throat and you are marauding at the moment
    Yeah you tell em , Mike , bloody marauders,they never know when to stop.

[QUOTE=Michael Morris;4865549]I run this place and update www.cardiffcitymad.co.uk and my heart has ruled my head last few days.

I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts after the last week or so but I'm trying to be positive and my ideal scenario for the next week would be for Cardiff to win at Norwich, Fulham, feeling the pressure a little, then draw at home to Brentford, then next week you play on the Friday and lose at Millwall while we beat forest,
    Stranger things have happened, before you played sheff united. My scenario and hope was, you wouod pick up 1 point in 9, and in my words do a villa,(after they beat wolves they got 1 point in 9) you did the same, I had us down to be 1 clear, so far so good, now I can’t predict the next 4 games, all I think is 90 points gets you promoted,