+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we need a GOALSCORER?

Do we need a GOALSCORER?

As much as I think Zohore has been great this season I still feel we lack someone who can put the ball in the back of net. I know we’ve signed Madine but he’s just not got going and we don’t see enough of Pilkington to decipher if he’s good or not. Anyone agree or disagree with me?

Re: Do we need a GOALSCORER?

Zohore has had a good season, disrupted by injury but he is so important to how we play.

Zohore has got absolutely no support. The problem is in midfield in particular the absence of Joe Ralls.

I agree with the no support part of the comments, but I think he has had an average season where he has gone missing quite a few times.

Zohore is a good player, absolutely, but I know what OP is getting at.

Mitrovic has scored 8 in 8 since joining and been the difference between picking up wins and draws.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Zohore is a good player, absolutely, but I know what OP is getting at.

Mitrovic has scored 8 in 8 since joining and been the difference between picking up wins and draws.
    Mitrovic is excellent at this level, if we had got him instead of madine I think.we would be up already

no, we just need to score goals.

Mitrovic goals responsible for 11 points since mid Feb

I would say we need to supply our strikers better ,even Madine , Zohore and Madine are often seen dropping back to retrieve the ball ,we need them supplied on a forward foot stride as they enter the penalty box , not searching for it outside it ,our game is based on everyone supporting midfield supply deficiencies ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Mitrovic is excellent at this level, if we had got him instead of madine I think.we would be up already
    Million percent fella, as good as Fulham are he would still thrive within our team I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I would say we need to supply our strikers better ,even Madine , Zohore and Madine are often seen dropping back to retrieve the ball ,we need them supplied on a forward foot stride as they enter the penalty box , not searching for it outside it ,our game is based on everyone supporting midfield supply deficiencies ..
    No no, force it down the wings even if we get to the edge of the area.

Whilst there's little supply, Zohore for me is not a natural goalscorer. At times looks too tentative in front of goal whereas someone like Chopra would just hit without thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Whilst there's little supply, Zohore for me is not a natural goalscorer. At times looks too tentative in front of goal whereas someone like Chopra would just hit without thinking.
    His pass across goal for NML (I think) against Burton showed that, we know he's capable of top corner from there, but he chose to pass instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    His pass across goal for NML (I think) against Burton showed that, we know he's capable of top corner from there, but he chose to pass instead.
    You know who I'd love to have here in his prime?

Helguson.

Absolute warrior, would fit into Warnocks side perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Zohore has got absolutely no support. The problem is in midfield in particular the absence of Joe Ralls.
    And that problem has been with the Club for years. No one seems to have rectified it,MM, OGS, RS, PT and Warnock has not really addressed the area, not since Dave Jones has there been a decent midfield.

100%, been saying this for ages, he's not a natural striker, there are times in each match where a natural striker like Chopra would just put his foot through it, but Ken looks to set someone up. I think he'd be a pretty decent winger with his pace and power

Danny ward. Such a shame he got injured.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Danny ward. Such a shame he got injured.
    Spedger
    Rhys Healey ,oops he's gone .
    Kadem Harris ?
    Jamie Ward ?
    Holiett?

Agreed we only have number 9s and no number 10s that shot he had when he completely missed with his right should've been buried and not even given the keeper a chance to save it

I can't believe Warnock spent £6m on Madine and loaned out Bogle who looked a decent goal scorer when he played. Has Warnock made a stranger decision during his time here?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I can't believe Warnock spent £6m on Madine and loaned out Bogle who looked a decent goal scorer when he played. Has Warnock made a stranger decision during his time here?
    Keeping pilks out of the side even when he scores?

He was clearly unhappy with him following the sending off against Bristol. I got the impression there was an issue with attitude.

Loaning our Tomlin was a strange one also. Again there seemed more to it than just not fancying him. He wasn’t willing to live down here I think ?

Swapping Tomlin for Jamie Ward?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    100%, been saying this for ages, he's not a natural striker, there are times in each match where a natural striker like Chopra would just put his foot through it, but Ken looks to set someone up. I think he'd be a pretty decent winger with his pace and power
    Agree, he's not a natural finisher, he usually looks up before he takes a chance, most natural strikers just know and have an image in their head. It would be interesting to see someone getting closer to him, or an advanced midfielder with an eye for making those runs beyond him and linking up play. I like Zohore, he's a good footballer, and he works hard. I'd like to see him have a go out wide, he has the ability to beat fullbacks on the outside, and he is more composed than Mendez and Hoilett.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Swapping Tomlin for Jamie Ward?
    Jamie looked sharp when he came on , how is old Tomlin doing (recently) he's been a bit quite ,training hard I hope.
    (I feel a tad let down by him ,expected more )