+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fulham's run in

Fulham's run in

I maybe clutching at straws here but Fulham's remaining four matches do look at little tricky.

In Brentford and Millwall they have to face two in form teams who are aiming for the playoffs, add to that they are also London derbies Fulham will not have it all their own way.

They also have to play Birmingham and Sunderland who are both fighting for their survival. We have to hope that Sunderland pick up a few points along the way and have not been relegated by the time they play each other but I think that Sunderland will have to go to Craven Cottage and pull off a result to save themselves. Birmingham away on the last day of the season will be interesting if Brum need a point to guarantee their safety. They have been playing a lot better since Monk took over. Birmingham have two tough matches coming up against Wolves and Sheff Utd, if they slip up here Fulham are going to face a difficult game on May the 6th.

The way Fulham are playing they could of course win all four but the games are far from easy. The trip to the New Den looking the most likely where points could be dropped.

This of course will mean feck all if we don't win our games! From our remaining 5 I think we will beat Norwich, Forest and Reading. The games against Derby and Hull are going to be really tough.

The way the games are looking its quite possible we could both have 90 points on the last day of season and at the moment that would mean Fulham would go up on better goal difference. We will need to turn our fortunes around and get 2 or more points from Derby and Hull to be in with a chance. With a bit of luck Ralls will be back for the last 5 games and that would be a massive boost. We have only lost by the finest of margins against Wolves and Villa, surely our luck will change soon! 5 games to go, can we keep our nerve?

Re: Fulham's run in

If I was looking from the outside in i'd know which fixtures look more attractive way back from say 10 games out .

It saddens me to say however they deserve it ,this is some run they are on .

However as you say they have to play local rivals in Brentford and Millwall , it wont be easy for them , both still with a play off chance ,both will want to beat them .

Me , I just want a gentle City v Millwall final at Wembley just for old skool days , and too piss the met off

I'm just focussed on the Norwich game.

Those aren't easy games even Sunderland are picking up the odd points now

Still see us getting to 91.

Fulham could of course win all 4, the run they are on almost makes teams beat before they play them. Then there is the reality that this is an unforgiving division and their form could dip with the pressure.

Someone posted Fulhams record against these teams and historically they've not had it the easiest, history means feck all when it comes to getting results in the present season mind, so who knows.

Would be hard to swallow if we missed out after being so far ahead, mad thing is if we were chasing and just missed out we wouldn't be so critical and probably praise the team for getting scuba big points total.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm just focussed on the Norwich game.

Pressures on Norwich!!

Now where have I heard that before.............

Could be tricky, although Sunderland could be already down and Birmingham already safe by the time those games are played, so I wouldn't expect too much from them.

From yesterday's post:

For completeness Fulhams history :
    Fulham v Brentford w9 d12 l7 last Fulham home win 1990 Fulham have won 1 of last 17 at home to Brentford
    Millwall v Fulham w9 d7 l7 last Fulham win 1982 Fulham have won twice in their last 9 visits to Millwall
    Fulham v Sunder'd w11 d6 l13 last Fulham win 2012. Sunderland have won on their last 3 visits to Fulham
    Birm v Fulham w13 d15 l17 last Fulham win 2014 Fulham have won 2 of their last 7 at Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    From yesterday's post:

For completeness Fulhams history :
    Fulham v Brentford w9 d12 l7 last Fulham home win 1990 Fulham have won 1 of last 17 at home to Brentford
    Millwall v Fulham w9 d7 l7 last Fulham win 1982 Fulham have won twice in their last 9 visits to Millwall
    Fulham v Sunder'd w11 d6 l13 last Fulham win 2012. Sunderland have won on their last 3 visits to Fulham
    Birm v Fulham w13 d15 l17 last Fulham win 2014 Fulham have won 2 of their last 7 at Birmingham