+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I agree "ticket for Madine" was wrong, but seriously,

I agree "ticket for Madine" was wrong, but seriously,

what is wrong with pointing out Warnock mistakes or saying Gunnar's disrupted a perfectly good Midfield?

Warnock has got plenty right this season, inspired subs that have scored goals and been the difference between a draw and a win, or a loss and a draw, great, and he's received the plaudits for it.

I've also seen plenty of praise for Gunnar under Warnock, and loads were gutted he was missing, says it all, he's a big player.

So why do people complain at constructive points made? Gunnar has come in, and in my opinion, unsettled a midfield that was on a good run and all had their roles.
    Gunnar couldn't man Mark, Warnock got Tuesday wrong, he got Friday wrong by keeping grujic out and gunnar in, he got Monday the week before wrong by letting gunnar get in the way of what grujic has grown into the team doing over the past few games.

I haven't used language or slagged anyone off here, so someone tell me what's wrong? Is what ive said wrong? Do people think it was right to force a player into a team and disrupt it's rhythm?

I've said gunnar and Grujic can't work together and stamd by it, unless Warnock demands gunnar just defend, as they get in one another's way, and I've not got 40 years experience in the game to need to see that.

Re: I agree "ticket for Madine" was wrong, but seriously, what is wrong with pointing out Warnock mistakes or saying Gunnar's disrupted a perfectly go

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Midfield?

Warnock has got plenty right this season, inspired subs that have scored goals and been the difference between a draw and a win, or a loss and a draw, great, and he's received the plaudits for it.

I've also seen plenty of praise for Gunnar under Warnock, and loads were gutted he was missing, says it all, he's a big player.

So why do people complain at constructive points made? Gunnar has come in, and in my opinion, unsettled a midfield that was on a good run and all had their roles.
    Gunnar couldn't man Mark, Warnock got Tuesday wrong, he got Friday wrong by keeping grujic out and gunnar in, he got Monday the week before wrong by letting gunnar get in the way of what grujic has grown into the team doing over the past few games.

I haven't used language or slagged anyone off here, so someone tell me what's wrong? Is what ive said wrong? Do people think it was right to force a player into a team and disrupt it's rhythm?

I've said gunnar and Grujic can't work together and stamd by it, unless Warnock demands gunnar just defend, as they get in one another's way, and I've not got 40 years experience in the game to need to see that.
    Nothing wrong with what you said really. Constructive criticism is ok. Warnock obviously had his reasons but the fact that he dropped Manga last week after a few 'iffy' games confirms he will leave 'favourites' out if he has to. I think that possibly one reason why midfield struggled against Villa was that Patterson wasnt 100% fit and Gunnerson was exposed a lot more. To be honest though we had enough chances to win and then we wouldn't have been so concerned about how Gunnerson played.

Re: I agree "ticket for Madine" was wrong, but seriously, what is wrong with pointing out Warnock mistakes or saying Gunnar's disrupted a perfectly go

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Nothing wrong with what you said really. Constructive criticism is ok. Warnock obviously had his reasons but the fact that he dropped Manga last week after a few 'iffy' games confirms he will leave 'favourites' out if he has to. I think that possibly one reason why midfield struggled against Villa was that Patterson wasnt 100% fit and Gunnerson was exposed a lot more. To be honest though we had enough chances to win and then we wouldn't have been so concerned about how Gunnerson played.
    We had plenty of chances.

I watched the game twice on ifollow, gunnar is good at whatbhes known for, breaking up play and generally looking after the back four, not man marking some young whippet he can't keep up with (Not his fault what he was told do do) it was good to see gunnar bust a gut against SU and break through the defence a few times, I won't slag him off like I didn't Madine, but I think it has had a greater impact on the team than some will admit.

Patterson was out of position v wolves (maybe tactical) and I think with gunnar in the team he negates what players like grujic and Patterson can do, only an opinion I may be wrong, but our goalscoring midfielder and attacking wide men are suddenly tired/ineffective? Or was it the personal change that's disrupted the team rhyhm/understanding?

And Ralls wasn't there ,we have had the rhythm of midfield changed ,and let's not forget , given our faltering performances we played two good sides ,who techinically are miles in front of our lads , we were never going to win both games , we nearly did get a point and a
    win though , or two draws , and two keepers played out of thier skins .

As a gunnarson fan and quite the opposite in opinion of gruijic i tend to agree....gunnarson has changed things up too much too quick in midfield. At this time of the season if things are ticking along ok then you just don't change it. We needed to stick with gruijic.

It is worth noting that once again NW has got it wrong with Gunnarson mind you...he is an ATTACKING centre mid NOT defensive or box to box midfielder...just because he looks a bit like thor doesn't mean hes a good battler, his tackles are wayward and his positioning is always slightly off. His runs and positional play in the final third however is similar to what jordan mutch used to be like in his prime.

Also while im here ...once again big fan of Zohore...but over the last two games ive suddenly realised he CANT HEAD THE DAMN BALL SO STOP BOOTING IT UP TO HIM!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    As a gunnarson fan and quite the opposite in opinion of gruijic i tend to agree....gunnarson has changed things up too much too quick in midfield. At this time of the season if things are ticking along ok then you just don't change it. We needed to stick with gruijic.

It is worth noting that once again NW has got it wrong with Gunnarson mind you...he is an ATTACKING centre mid NOT defensive or box to box midfielder...just because he looks a bit like thor doesn't mean hes a good battler, his tackles are wayward and his positioning is always slightly off. His runs and positional play in the final third however is similar to what jordan mutch used to be like in his prime.

Also while im here ...once again big fan of Zohore...but over the last two games ive suddenly realised he CANT HEAD THE DAMN BALL SO STOP BOOTING IT UP TO HIM!!!!!!
    I agree with this. Gunner is not a defensive midfielder. Much better as an attacking midfielder.

Also agree. Stop aiming high balls at Ken to head.

A MB is the perfect place to blow off steam, and sometimes spout a load of drivel about our team.
    Everyone has their own opinion on who’s our best player, who we should keep, who we should get rid of, who we should bring on, who we should take off, what formation we should play, what tactics we should use, what system we should employ.
    Luckily we have one man (the manager) who is paid handsomely to make all these decisions . He will ultimately fall on his sword if it goes tits up.
    What I have a problem with though, is the fickle, and knee jerk reactions of some posters on here, who want to jump on a player or the manager, the moment things don’t go our way.
    Every club and MB in the world has them. Nowt wrong with constructive criticism, be it just out of observation or bourne of disappointment, but some fans go way over the top the minute something goes wrong.
    The last week has been a great example. Things couldn’t have gone worse, missing 2 injury time penalties and then losing to a bang average Villa, but the great work we had done previously, has put us the enviable position, that promotion is still in our own hands. If we lose out, then lose out in the play offs, then the manager and Squad will be fair game.
    Until then, it’s time for cool heads and positivity.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    A MB is the perfect place to blow off steam, and sometimes spout a load of drivel about our team.
    Everyone has their own opinion on who’s our best player, who we should keep, who we should get rid of, who we should bring on, who we should take off, what formation we should play, what tactics we should use, what system we should employ.
    Luckily we have one man (the manager) who is paid handsomely to make all these decisions . He will ultimately fall on his sword if it goes tits up.
    What I have a problem with though, is the fickle, and knee jerk reactions of some posters on here, who want to jump on a player or the manager, the moment things don’t go our way.
    Every club and MB in the world has them. Nowt wrong with constructive criticism, be it just out of observation or bourne of disappointment, but some fans go way over the top the minute something goes wrong.
    The last week has been a great example. Things couldn’t have gone worse, missing 2 injury time penalties and then losing to a bang average Villa, but the great work we had done previously, has put us the enviable position, that promotion is still in our own hands. If we lose out, then lose out in the play offs, then the manager and Squad will be fair game.
    Until then, it’s time for cool heads and positivity.
    Agree a few reactions have been well over the top, and the rest of your post is spot on too.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    ...blah blah blah...
    ...blah blah blah...
    it’s time for cool heads and positivity.
    Well that contradiction went full circle didnt it!

grow up...that goes to all the muppets who say the stupidest things like "OMG U JYNXD US BRO!!!!" too...this is a place for discussion no matter what the opinion is. Our words don't ACTUALLY impact the players or the manager ...i mean LOL really...

There is nothing wrong with "blowing off steam" if you dont like it then skip the fcking post and get over it you dolt

grow up...that goes to all the muppets who say the stupidest things like "OMG U JYNXD US BRO!!!!" too...this is a place for discussion no matter what the opinion is. Our words don't ACTUALLY impact the players or the manager ...i mean LOL really...

There is nothing wrong with "blowing off steam" if you dont like it then skip the fcking post and get over it you dolt
    Are you on some kind of medication?

People don't appear to understand the variance present in professional sport, we won 8 in a row, a run nobody would have thought possible and I bet if we looked back at those games a lot of things went our way. We aren't a good enough side to destroy people unless they are shite so games are going to turn on key moments. We could easily have put Villa away but it didn't fall for us, Wolves we could easily have got a point but it didn't fall for us.

Ridiculous to place the blame solely on Gunnar for a couple of losses where we scored 0, conceded just 2 and had plenty of chances that we didn't take.

If the MB is a place to blow off steam then people shouldn't get so precious when the steam comes back in their direction!

That's ironic. If you don't like the posts on a thread don't contribute.. oh wait you only post for a reaction.

And I'd wager a 10 pager slagging off a player would have a negative impact on him.
    We know Warnock reads the board, no doubt the players do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    People don't appear to understand the variance present in professional sport, we won 8 in a row, a run nobody would have thought possible and I bet if we looked back at those games a lot of things went our way. We aren't a good enough side to destroy people unless they are shite so games are going to turn on key moments. We could easily have put Villa away but it didn't fall for us, Wolves we could easily have got a point but it didn't fall for us.

Ridiculous to place the blame solely on Gunnar for a couple of losses where we scored 0, conceded just 2 and had plenty of chances that we didn't take.

If the MB is a place to blow off steam then people shouldn't get so precious when the steam comes back in their direction!
    Everyone on here knows how the championship is.. So that's the first part of your post nailed...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Everyone on here knows how the championship is.. So that's the first part of your post nailed...
    I am talking about their actions not what they 'know'.