+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zohore On The Wing?

Zohore On The Wing?

It’s safe to say Zohore is not a natural finisher, he usually looks up before he takes a chance, most natural strikers just know and have an image in their head. It would be interesting to see someone getting closer to him, or an advanced midfielder with an eye for making those runs beyond him and linking up play. I like Zohore, he's a good footballer, and he works hard. I'd like to see him have a go out wide, he has the ability to beat fullbacks on the outside, and he is more composed than Mendez and Hoilett. What do you all think?

Re: Zohore On The Wing?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAyatollah View Post
    It’s safe to say Zohore is not a natural finisher, he usually looks up before he takes a chance, most natural strikers just know and have an image in their head. It would be interesting to see someone getting closer to him, or an advanced midfielder with an eye for making those runs beyond him and linking up play. I like Zohore, he's a good footballer, and he works hard. I'd like to see him have a go out wide, he has the ability to beat fullbacks on the outside, and he is more composed than Mendez and Hoilett. What do you all think?
    I think it could work, he does have the pace for the position but I wouldn't want to see either Hoilett or NML dropped to accommodate Zohore out wide.
    My only critisism of Zohore is he seems to be looking for the freekick from the referee rather than staying on his feet. Of course defenders are going to stay tight to him but I'd rather he looked to move the ball into space rather than getting involved in tussles/backing-in/shirt pulling and all that nonsense.

I think it’s purely confidence which will hold Kenny back. He can look like a quality player for 2-3 games and then take several steps backwards

Zohore also seems to naturally drift wide to pick up the ball as well leaving a vacant spot where a 6 foot plus striker could be, I think it's the way they seem to play (observation not criticism)

Maybe it could work, but agree with others I'd rather not lose someone out wide at this stage in the season, and as confident as I am it would be a good move, I'd rather not see us experiment at this stage, I'm still not amused we have chopped up a competent midfield 3

Norwich will be expecting the "same old, same old", NML, Hoilett and Zohore.

Why not mix it up and start with Wildschut, Madine and Pilks. Batter the shit out of 'um, then when their defenders are f ucked bring on the pace players and go for the jugular.

We're to predictable some times.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Why not mix it up and start with Wildschut, Madine and Pilks. Batter the shit out of 'um, then when their defenders are f ucked bring on the pace players and go for the jugular.

Um....
    Wildschut on loan from Norwich so that one's out but Pilks is a former Canary so I would start him as so many seem to score against their old club.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Um....
    Wildschut on loan from Norwich so that one's out but Pilks is a former Canary so I would start him as so many seem to score against their old club.
    Forgot about the loan bit, so lets try Traore up there then.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I think it’s purely confidence which will hold Kenny back. He can look like a quality player for 2-3 games and then take several steps backwards
    Into the stands hopefully, it would make a change playing with 11 men

Zohore is quality, he's a real handful, gets plenty of chances and makes plenty for others. We are a much worse side without him in the side

Benn saying this for a while

We regularly play a centre half at full back and a full back centre midfield, so we may as well chuck a striker on the wing.

Who says he's not a natural striker? When he's on form he's lethal. He just needs better service and he'll be rampant. The final ball from Junior/NML etc has been poor of late.

Do you remember the goal Zohore scored against Fulham at home ?. Twenty five yard screamer from outside the box - he looked like a natural finisher to me !!. Also away to Burton etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Do you remember the goal Zohore scored against Fulham at home ?. Twenty five yard screamer from outside the box - he looked like a natural finisher to me !!. Also away to Burton etc etc.
    Mark Hudson scored from own half. Does that make him a natural finisher?

Scoring worldies does not automatically make you a natural finisher. Against Villa, one of the chances where the ball came back across, Zohore was still getting up - a natural finisher would have got their leg up, trying to get a nick. Same with his chance second half - took an extra touch. Sure that might be confidence, but a natural finisher just takes the chance without thinking.

For me, Zohore is someone who'll have a little run and then go on a run of not scoring. I don't see him as a 20 goal a season striker.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Scoring worldies does not automatically make you a natural finisher. Against Villa, one of the chances where the ball came back across, Zohore was still getting up - a natural finisher would have got their leg up, trying to get a nick. Same with his chance second half - took an extra touch. Sure that might be confidence, but a natural finisher just takes the chance without thinking.

Like he did against Burton?

I remember him coming on as a sub away to Burnley a few seasons ago when Slade was here. We had a chance of Play offs at the time and when he came on apprx 75-80 minutes he played wide and done a good job. We drew and were unlucky not to get the win. Ken and Immers were good that night. and we thought hey ho, got a chance here. But capitulated with about 6 games to go. Burnley went up and we fell away.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Like he did against Burton?
    SO one example makes him a natural finisher against all the other chances that show the opposite?

He's a good striker, no question about that but it's pretty bloody obvious he overthinks, takes extra touches when a natural finisher would just hit first time.

Who says he's not a natural striker? When he's on form he's lethal. He just needs better service and he'll be rampant. The final ball from Junior/NML etc has been poor of late.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

For me, Zohore is someone who'll have a little run and then go on a run of not scoring. I don't see him as a 20 goal a season striker.
    You cant compare the two goals. Hudson noticed the goalie off his line and lifted it over him from the half way line. Zohore struck the ball without thinking like a rocket from outside the box, with no back lift, into the roof of the net and the goalie didn't see it. Quite a few people would be able to score a goal like Hudsons, very few like Zohores

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You cant compare the two goals. Hudson noticed the goalie off his line and lifted it over him from the half way line. Zohore struck the ball without thinking like a rocket from outside the box, with no back lift, into the roof of the net and the goalie didn't see it. Quite a few people would be able to score a goal like Hudsons, very few like Zohores
    Well, it was a facile comment tbf, wasn't exactly being serious.

How many times do you see Zohore taking 2, 3 or more touches in the box? He lacks the instincts of a Chopra who would hit it first time. It's pretty much evident all season.

He's a good player but not a 20 goal a season striker.

I have always thought that Ken would be a great player just behind a front 2

When Trollope was manager, he played on a wing and a prayer. The transition has been nothing short of incredible from those days. If teams such as Brighton saw something in him as a striker and were prepared to offer ridiculous money then I'd keep him up front.

Is Zohore the new Bothroyd? Can be brilliant but also spends a lot of time falling over and looking to the ref for free kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Is Zohore the new Bothroyd? Can be brilliant but also spends a lot of time falling over and looking to the ref for free kicks.
    Bothroyd was a striker who was far more exciting and direct than Zahore. Zahore drifts out left and leaves a gap in the middle. He is totally ineffective in the air. Doesn't go in for 1 on 1 challenges and runs around without much effect. His post air shot smiles seem to indicate he revels in missing. Maybe a "you should have sold me at Christmas" attitude. Bench him and start Pilks. He cares, maybe a bit too much, if he misses a strike. But at least he tries.

8 league goals this season as a striker.....

Aden Flint has 6 and is a Central Defender.

Yeah he’s “lethal”.