+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT who can afford to smoke fags these days?

OT who can afford to smoke fags these days?

Misses tells me they going up from £10 to £15 a pack? That’s one hell of a jump.
    If you smoked say 20 a day, it’s almost a mortgage these days. The death of the cigarette surely, having seen off so many themselves.

Re: OT who can afford to smoke fags these days?

Good riddance, I say.

I'm a smoker and will remain one whatever the cost until I'm dragged through a bankruptcy court coughing and wheezing because the more I do the greater our government collects in excise duty tax. Millions of fellow Britons will also stoically produce thick catarrh phlegm because they too realise it's our patriotic duty to smoulder like a developing forest fire at every opportunity for we know our selfless sacrifice is helping to reduce Blighty's humongous national debt. We puff for Britain and the Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Misses tells me they going up from £10 to £15 a pack? That’s one hell of a jump.
    If you smoked say 20 a day, it’s almost a mortgage these days. The death of the cigarette surely, having seen off so many themselves.
    It may be me, but it seems that smoking has become more of an antisocial thing to do over the last couple of decades as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It may be me, but it seems that smoking has become more of an antisocial thing to do over the last couple of decades as well.
    Yep.
    And may it continue to do so.

Getting taxed on looking cool.

The first couple of weeks after the fag ban were a nightmare. Pubs stank of beer farts.

What the hell are these E cigs doing to people though

I was stood next to someone who was puffing away and then he told his mate that he mixed his own flavour, 1/3 apple pie, 1/3 cinnamon and 1/3 Marshmallow man hardly a thing that a man should own upto doing, i checked for a " man bag " on his shoulder aswell

NON-SMOKERS. Crushed moths make ideal 'replica ash' for decorating your ash-trays with.

Rotting yourself from the inside out, why would you do that?

Oh and you stink.

Give it up

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale View Post
    Getting taxed on smelling terrible.
    I see

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The half time toilet visit at Villa was awful, jam packed with smokers, I had to hold my breath. Still, keeps the population down and the cost of treating them is far outweighed by the tax revenue.

My grandfather started smoking because he was given cigarettes during national service. Lung cancer.
    My gran smoked from the age of 16. Lung cancer.
    My other granddad basically suffocated to death - also a smoker.

All three looked as cool as feck in their early years, looked less cool by the time I was born, and had their later years blighted by breathing difficulties.

Every time I visited them I'd get home reeking of stale smoke, and so I was never tempted to even try.

Blog Entries

I don't know a single person who thinks smoking is cool

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    NON-SMOKERS. Crushed moths make ideal 'replica ash' for decorating your ash-trays with.

It seems all those on "social", can afford 'um.

In the main the majority of smokers are either on social security, intellectually challenged or young girls hanging around outside pubs thinking they look cool. Smoking is now for the underclasses and is distinctly anti social as well as being a badge of mental weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    In the main the majority of smokers are either on social security, intellectually challenged or young girls hanging around outside pubs thinking they look cool. Smoking is now for the underclasses and is distinctly anti social as well as being a badge of mental weakness.
    Can you give us some statistics to back up your statement please

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Can you give us some statistics to back up your statement please
    Purely observational but if you can provide appropriate statistics to prove I am wrong then that might be a good start.

Awful habit why would one inhale so much smoke , I it stains the air ,clothes badly , Ido feel for folk though as its not easy to kick .
    The goverment are doing the right thing, not just this one, all goverments who havd raised its tax (folk will unfortunately pay a lot in the name of health ,can't understand why it can't be ring fenced and pushed directly into NHS.

It's the season to bash Smokers. The usual insults thrown at people who use tobacco, or who have an addiction. If Cider, beer, wine-or Prosecco (one for the fat mums)trebled in price, then there'd be a ****ing meltdown on here, due to the legion of obnoxious boring piss heads who frequent this place, infact most places, there's so many of you about, but never mind, I suppose Alcohol helps plenty of people 'have a good time' hold a conversation or even have some kind of relationship with their partner, Bless-So it does serve a purpose. Joking aside, Isn't it odd why People seem to think that it's ok to have a go at people who smoke, even insult them, yet celebrate the effects of drunkenness and mild alcoholism with a nod and a wink. Maybe it's the drug of choice...........

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's the season to bash Smokers. The usual insults thrown at people who use tobacco, or who have an addiction. If Cider, beer, wine-or Prosecco (one for the fat mums)trebled in price, then there'd be a ****ing meltdown on here, due to the legion of obnoxious boring piss heads who frequent this place, infact most places, there's so many of you about, but never mind, I suppose Alcohol helps plenty of people 'have a good time' hold a conversation or even have some kind of relationship with their partner, Bless-So it does serve a purpose. Joking aside, Isn't it odd why People seem to think that it's ok to have a go at people who smoke, even insult them, yet celebrate the effects of drunkenness and mild alcoholism with a nod and a wink. Maybe it's the drug of choice...........
    Thinly veiled 'I'm a 40 a day man'

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Prosecco drinking

40 a day...

Gave up two years ago-I enjoyed smoking, not what it was doing to me. There seems to be a culture of bullying towards people who smoke, oddly enough, plenty of smokers feel very guilty about their habit, how it makes their family feel, the cost and what it is doing to them, I know that I did, but people insulting you or judging you doesn't help, infact, it makes things worse. Like I said in my previous post, the piss-heads are left alone, even though the evidence is stacked against alcohol abuse and the impact it has on society. I would wager that there are plenty of fat people who use this board, probably have trouble getting dressed in the morning, have to wear over sized clothes, sweat a bit too much on warm days and stink the place out, not to mention the health implications and costs towards the NHS-let's pick on them as well, let's insult everyone that indulges, makes poor decisions or who struggle to maintain a healthy lifestyle...........there would be nobody left to pick on.....

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Prosecco drinking

40 a day...
    I don't drink, Prosecco......please

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Gave up two years ago-I enjoyed smoking, not what it was doing to me. There seems to be a culture of bullying towards people who smoke, oddly enough, plenty of smokers feel very guilty about their habit, how it makes their family feel, the cost and what it is doing to them, I know that I did, but people insulting you or judging you doesn't help, infact, it makes things worse. Like I said in my previous post, the piss-heads are left alone, even though the evidence is stacked against alcohol abuse and the impact it has on society. I would wager that there are plenty of fat people who use this board, probably have trouble getting dressed in the morning, have to wear over sized clothes, sweat a bit too much on warm days and stink the place out, not to mention the health implications and costs towards the NHS-let's pick on them as well, let's insult everyone that indulges, makes poor decisions or who struggle to maintain a healthy lifestyle...........there would be nobody left to pick on.....
    FAT PEOPLE. Avoid the temptation of eating that delicious chocolate cake in the fridge by not buying it in the first place you fat bastards.