+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ralls not fit

Ralls not fit

Warnock says Ralls will not be fit for tomorrow. He had a setback last week and can't be risked. A few knocks but sounds good on all other fronts.

Re: Ralls not fit

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Warnock says Ralls will not be fit for tomorrow. He had a setback last week and can't be risked. A few knocks but sounds good on all other fronts.
    Trying not to be overly negative but sounds to me like Warnock has one eye on the playoffs.

Once again, Welshlad is proved correct - he said Ralls would be out for weeks getting on for two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Once again, Welshlad is proved correct - he said Ralls would be out for weeks getting on for two months ago.

And we've missed him.

We have decent cover in that position but Ralls has been excellent this season.

What injury does he actually have and how did he get it? All I can recall is someone said they saw him in a leg brace outside the CCS. he certainly never went off injured from a game.
    Spedger

And yet some wouldnt believe he wasnt even injured

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Trying not to be overly negative but sounds to me like Warnock has one eye on the playoffs.

Sensible, rather than negative I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    What injury does he actually have and how did he get it? All I can recall is someone said they saw him in a leg brace outside the CCS. he certainly never went off injured from a game.
    Spedger
    All I know is that it was after the game with the wurzels that the rumours first appeared.

All I know is that it was after the game with the wurzels that the rumours first appeared.
    Correct. It was in injury time, typical Ralls, last ditch tackle inside our box to save them scoring. However in making the tackle, he stopped a likely goal but injured his knee (I believe) in the process of doing so. We have done remarkably well during his absence initially, however, for me his return can't come quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Correct. It was in injury time, typical Ralls, last ditch tackle inside our box to save them scoring. However in making the tackle, he stopped a likely goal but injured his knee (I believe) in the process of doing so. We have done remarkably well during his absence initially, however, for me his return can't come quick enough.
    Yep. He blocked a shot with the end of his foot and you could see everything twist at the time. I was surprised he got up but not surprised it seized up after the game. If it’s ligament then I’m not surprised he’s had a setback if he’s tried to come back too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Yep. He blocked a shot with the end of his foot and you could see everything twist at the time. I was surprised he got up but not surprised it seized up after the game. If it’s ligament then I’m not surprised he’s had a setback if he’s tried to come back too soon.
    So we have to have it from this MB what happened to Ralls. Speculation or the truth?? Why no official clarification from the club?? If there is an element of 'don't let our rivals know,' then fair enough. But somehow I doubt that. I am thinking our injury problems have been quite severe this season and the club policy has been to give nothing away. Strange how we won 8 games in a row at a time of major injury issues.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Sensible, rather than negative I reckon.
    Resting players now when we have a game in hand and only a point behind 2nd place would probably be the stupidest move in history. Sensible ffs

He slipped in the snow getting off the coach in Derby!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    What on earth gives that impression? Did Warnock plan Ralls setback

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And yet some wouldnt believe he wasnt even injured
    What's it matter if he is correct? And what's wrong with not believing MB rumour?
    Having seen the state on the stories people take as gospel, I'm not one to just blindly believe every story I read without comment from the club.