+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We’ve lost the last 2 games because of Gunnarson

We’ve lost the last 2 games because of Gunnarson

Or maybe it’s because we’ve played 2 of the other top 3 sides in the league.

Or maybe it’s because we’ve missed 5 or 6 very clear cut chances in open play, not to mention the 2 penalties, yet haven’t scored at all.

Or maybe it’s because we’ve conceded 2 absolutely fantastic individual goals.

Or maybe it’s because key players like hoilett and zohore have looked a little off.

Or maybe it’s because we weren’t actually playing that well when we were winning, but things were going our way.

Or maybe it’s a combination of them all, I guess we’ll never know.

However what I do know is a major positive of this season has been the lack of a scape goat. Whitts was always vulnerable to this whenever a result went against us but I don’t think we’ve had one this season. With 5 games to go that’s one thing we don’t need and even if we were to have one it certainly shouldn’t be someone who has always worked as hard as Gunnarson.

Re: We’ve lost the last 2 games because of Gunnarson

With 3 games under his belt Gunnar will play well tomorrow. (I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Packing his job in, in about 7 weeks, plus he don't wanna get injured and spoil his World Cup, so why should he punch a gut for us.

Personal pride, maybe, but I can't see it.

We're getting him fit for Iceland (not the shopping type)

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I hope not, he's been a passenger in the last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Or maybe it’s because we’ve played 2 of the other top 3 sides in the league.

Or maybe it’s because we’ve missed 5 or 6 very clear cut chances in open play, not to mention the 2 penalties, yet haven’t scored at all.

Or maybe it’s because we’ve conceded 2 absolutely fantastic individual goals.

Or maybe it’s because key players like hoilett and zohore have looked a little off.

Or maybe it’s because we weren’t actually playing that well when we were winning, but things were going our way.

Or maybe it’s a combination of them all, I guess we’ll never know.

However what I do know is a major positive of this season has been the lack of a scape goat. Whitts was always vulnerable to this whenever a result went against us but I don’t think we’ve had one this season. With 5 games to go that’s one thing we don’t need and even if we were to have one it certainly shouldn’t be someone who has always worked as hard as Gunnarson.
    Great post

Well that’s a load of bollocks,
    He man marked the Wolves main man and managed to burst in the box in the 96th minute to win a missed penalty,
    The fault lies with a lack of class.
    We got no natural support for Zohore in the Chopra/ Vydra mould.
    The lack of spending on class players has caught up with us’as has the long injury list.
    Lets hope this team of never give up players can get us over the line
    Last edited by dandywarhol; 13-04-18 at 11:50. Reason: spelling update

Mostly agree, especially the lack of goals.
    It's time to switch to 4-4-2 and play Madine alongside side Kenneth.
    If Kenneth doesn't come out the traps all guns blazing tomorrow though I wouldn't hesitate to make a change and bring on Pilk's depending on the score.
    Zohore can be the most frustrating player, especially when we know what he is capable of.
    We haven't got enough games left to keep making changes, we need to take games by the scruff of the neck and stamp our authority early on.
    We need goals starting tomorrow and I wouldn't be too disappointed if Pilk's started.
    Up the City

Yep, that's most of it in a nut shell.
    This is the bit of the season when Warnock looks around the dressing room and can tell by the eye's who's up for the fight and who's not.
    Thankfully I think most of the team are and up until now have given everything.
    From here on in tiredness cannot be an excuse, second place is up for grabs and top flight football is the prize.
    Hopefully any twists and turns go our way.
    Up the City!

If we had scored one of the penalty’s against Wolves. We wouldn’t have lost.

If Zohore’s effort wasn’t cleared off the line , or NML shot hit the post and went in , or the 3 other efforts weren’t well saved by the villa keeper , we wouldn’t have lost.

I fail to see how they were Gunnarsons fault.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Packing his job in, in about 7 weeks, plus he don't wanna get injured and spoil his World Cup, so why should he punch a gut for us.

Total rubbish.

He earned a 95th minute pen and it wasn't him who missed it.

He's playing in the position the manager wants him to; have a word with the gaffer then

I said this after he played his game for Iceland

would you want to fook up a million pound signing on fee by being injured ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I said this after he played his game for Iceland

would you want to fook up a million pound signing on fee by being injured ? ? ?

Watch out, the "TOTAL RUBBISH" brigade will be after you as well

First 10 mins aside I thought we was brilliant at Brentford but for some reason Neil always drops damour even after he's had a good game but gunnar who's been terrible since returning imo (this could be because he's been injured for so long)keeps getting picked

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    First 10 mins aside I thought we was brilliant at Brentford but for some reason Neil always drops damour even after he's had a good game but gunnar who's been terrible since returning imo (this could be because he's been injured for so long)keeps getting picked
    I agree with the damour statement..hes a bit of a hotheat but he ALWAYS gets involved and hes not really dont much wrong considering he is actually involved so much. The total opposite to bryson.

THIS AND THAT ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Total rubbish.

He earned a 95th minute pen and it wasn't him who missed it.

He's playing in the position the manager wants him to; have a word with the gaffer then

He had energy left in the 95th minute, as he had done frigg all in the other 94.

😎