+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: NORWICH 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: NORWICH 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Anyway, we won, so feck arguing, let's feel the love.

Well for 86 mins sat in front of Sky Sports was horrendous. Everytime they went to the reporter she was telling us how much Norwich were on top.

I avoided radio and Twitter coverage as I ccouldn't stand it.

When we scored we sensed it was us by Jeff's comments, when they went back to Carrow Rd for the second goal my heart sank, I went from about to burst into tears to screaming like a girl in a split second. I was sure it was going to be the equaliser.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I've just kept away from all media this afternoon other than alerts on my phone - nearly had a heart attack when we scored - and was even worse when I saw there'd been a second goal but wasn't sure who too at first...

At least we've now put pressure back on Fulham. Just have to hope Brentford have something left to offer...
    Brentford aren't a million miles from play offs. They'll be up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Anyway, we won, so feck arguing, let's feel the love.

Some fans forget we are playing decent teams, the last 4 games especially, and 3 of them were away. We were unfortunate to get nothing against Wolves and Villa, and won today at Carrow road where we haven't won for over a decade, and Warnock has never won there.
    Thank god the players got more bollocks than some of our fans!!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

[QUOTE=Michael Morris;4866023

When we scored we sensed it was us by Jeff's comments, when they went back to Carrow Rd for the second goal my heart sank, I went from about to burst into tears to screaming like a girl in a split second. I was sure it was going to be the equaliser.[/QUOTE]

/\/\

Oh fk me this nails my reaction

Sky are desperate for Fulham to go up, the BBC report has us shading the first half an no mention of Norwich dominating in the way the Sky reporter described. Sounds to me like we played cautiously and ground it out in the end. First ever double over Norwich, so happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He's not he’s chatting complete bollocks.
    No he's not, he right with his assessment. For the best part of the game there was little urgency about our play, we couldn't string two passes together, it was painful to watch at times.

We got a "Get Out Of Jail" card with those two late goals. Norwich themselves had no cutting edge up front, fortunately. Apart from that purple patch at the end we were terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Haha, you were 3 mins out you loser!
    One happy loser I'm one happy bunny tonight comon the Bees

One angry viking

Re: NORWICH v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Were you at the game mate
    No. I watched on TV.

I can confirm that the commentary on iFollow was completely biased in favour of Norwich! (Not that Richard Shepherd is much different though it has to be said). I had a friend call round about 5 minutes from the end of the game so I wasn't paying 100% attention, but I don't even remember the first goal being mentioned other than the commentator giving the score as 0-1. He did get a bit animated when the second one went in!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Guilty conscience I see. Guts and determination is winning a game by scoring two goals in the last five minutes, when not playing particularly well, when only a win will do for automatic promotion and when quite a few of your own fans have written you off.
    Are you arguing about a game you didn't even watch?

I have not once written our promotion chances off. Today's display was ****ing horrible. If they were determined in their minds, their bodies certainly didn't show it. Lacklustre is the most apt word I can think to describe our performance today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    No he's not, he right with his assessment. For the best part of the game there was little urgency about our play, we couldn't string two passes together, it was painful to watch at times.

We got a "Get Out Of Jail" card with those two late goals. Norwich themselves had no cutting edge up front, fortunately. Apart from that purple patch at the end we were terrible.
    So what ?. Does it really matter - no. We won by scoring more goals than them - amazing really isnt it how it all works. If its that painful, dont watch or listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Well for 86 mins sat in front of Sky Sports was horrendous. Everytime they went to the reporter she was telling us how much Norwich were on top.

When we scored we sensed it was us by Jeff's comments, when they went back to Carrow Rd for the second goal my heart sank, I went from about to burst into tears to screaming like a girl in a split second. I was sure it was going to be the equaliser.
    Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    /\/\

Oh fk me this nails my reaction
    Me too! It was f***ing depressing watching SSN

Last 4 games have been mental

Last min equalizer at Sheffield Utd
    Miss 2 pens in injury time v Wolves
    Lose in the 86th min at Villa
    Score 2 in the last 5 today

Only Cardiff City!
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 14-04-18 at 16:47. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Are you arguing about a game you didn't even watch?

I have not once written our promotion chances off. Today's display was ****ing horrible. If they were determined in their minds, their bodies certainly didn't show it. Lacklustre is the most apt word I can think to describe our performance today.
    How can you win a game that you cannot afford to lose, away from home at a good side by scoring two goals in the last five minutes and not show guts and determination and by putting in a lacklustre, horrible performance. Doesnt make sense. You basically decribe the team and selection as hopeless and at the same time expect me to believe that you still think we are going to get promoted. Be honest - you gave up on our chances weeks ago.

So what ?. Does it really matter - no. We won by scoring more goals than them - amazing really isnt it how it all works. If its that painful, dont watch or listen.
    It doesn't matter. 3 points is 3 points. But there's no point in pretending it was some kind of masterstroke by the management or players.

Whatever luck we didn't have against Wolves or Villa came back in spades today. Hopefully after this the team will start to believe in themselves a bit more.

How can you win a game that you cannot afford to lose, away from home at a good side by scoring two goals in the last five minutes and not show guts and determination and by putting in a lacklustre, horrible performance. Doesnt make sense. You basically decribe the team and selection as hopeless and at the same time expect me to believe that you still think we are going to get promoted. Be honest - you gave up on our chances weeks ago.
    Where did you watch it?

My guess is you didn’t - wasn’t great today. Didn’t think we’d lose but really didn’t look like scoring.

My sense is that you’re just being a dick for the sake of it, so carry on

Just watch the game. And stop speculating on what other people are thinking. It's not an effective method of debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post

Just got in with a few beers and put Fulham on, selfish people shopping on a Saturday slowing down my beef buying process, the thoughtless ****ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Likewise, Mike. I was upstairs doing some work on my computer whilst my wife was listening to the Radio Wales' commentary downstairs. I gave her instructions not to disturb me. At 4:45pm I heard from downstairs, "It's 1-0!" I hoped it was to us. The following words, "Come and listen to the last 3 minutes," eased the situation appreciably. After 20 seconds, though, it all got too much and I disappeared upstairs once more. Soon I heard, "2-0!" Unbridled relief. With over 50 seasons chalked up supporting City it certainly doesn't get any easier.

StT.
    <><

What a load of absolute rubbish - look at the table. Are you really a City fan ?.
    Absolutely , I’m just trying to make the point that the team are obviously coached to play a certain way. Told how to play it in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Absolutely , I’m just trying to make the point that the team are obviously coached to play a certain way. Told how to play it in certain situations.
    He likes to go on one from time to time.
    Tried telling people who watched the game on Ifollow their opinions were wrong.
    He's pro Cardiff city to extreme measures, good thing when channelled correctly I suppose, but worth a laugh on here at times too