+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on Millwall

Come on Millwall

Fingers crossed they can keep up their incredible form. Unbeaten in the league since their last defeat on New Years' Day, won 4 of their last 5 at home.

Who knows, by the time we play Forest next Saturday evening, we could be still in 2nd with 2 games in hand. I'd back us to win 2 of our last 4.

Re: Come on Millwall

Very much back in our hands now. Pressures on Norwich...sorry Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fingers crossed they can keep up their incredible form. Unbeaten in the league since their last defeat on New Years' Day, won 4 of their last 5 at home.

Who knows, by the time we play Forest next Saturday evening, we could be still in 2nd with 2 games in hand. I'd back us to win 2 of our last 4.
    That would be a beautiful situation to be in. Come on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That would be a beautiful situation to be in. Come on the wall
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can see this game being a draw. That would mean you would be level on points with Fulham with two games in hand. Those games are against two teams in really poor form in Forest and Derby. It’s not over yet. There will be more twists and turns but you are now over a really hard run of games and in a great position.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I can see this game being a draw. That would mean you would be level on points with Fulham with two games in hand. Those games are against two teams in really poor form in Forest and Derby. It’s not over yet. There will be more twists and turns but you are now over a really hard run of games and in a great position.
    So true this is one hell of a division

As Wales-Bales accurately pointed out they were 3 fixtures from hell, and it does feel like a straight shoot out to the finish now. Oh what I’d give for early goals for us in those games, but can see many of ours and Fulhams remaining games being 0-0 for 70+ minutes

I've always liked Milwall, lovely club

By far the toughest game either Fulham or Cardiff have to play from here on out. I think a draw.

It’s Over for us now, we gave you a little scare, I see you winning 3 out of 4 no problem at all, they have nothing to play for except derby, I predicted Fulham would not beat brentford, I will give you another prediction Fulham will beat millwall at the den, to little to late, we only had to slip up once, and we did, it made the end of the season interesting for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    It’s Over for us now, we gave you a little scare, I see you winning 3 out of 4 no problem at all, they have nothing to play for except derby, I predicted Fulham would not beat brentford, I will give you another prediction Fulham will beat millwall at the den, to little to late, we only had to slip up once, and we did, it made the end of the season interesting for sure
    I wouldn't say winning 3 out of 4 will be no problem. Each win feels harder to come by with the weight of expectation. I can easily see Cardiff getting 2 wins and 2 draws.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    I wouldn't say winning 3 out of 4 will be no problem. Each win feels harder to come by with the weight of expectation. I can easily see Cardiff getting 2 wins and 2 draws.
    I can’t I see Cardiff winning all 4, what Cardiff do very well, is wear teams down, and beat them in the last 15 mins, it’s not pretty but effective, this is why you have top 4 all season, and deserve to go up, we should rest our players for the play offs

I can’t I see Cardiff winning all 4, what Cardiff do very well, is wear teams down, and beat them in the last 15 mins, it’s not pretty but effective, this is why you have top 4 all season, and deserve to go up, we should rest our players for the play offs
    This brings up an interesting point I think. If a team is likely to stay in the playoff places, do you want to rest players after such a long season or do you want to try to go in with momentum?

Mind games

You can't really believe it's over when you're 1 point behind with 3 games to play. Anything can still happen, particularly with the extra pressure at this stage of the season making things less predictable, on top of the usual fine margins.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Mind games

You can't really believe it's over when you're 1 point behind with 3 games to play. Anything can still happen, particularly with the extra pressure at this stage of the season making things less predictable, on top of the usual fine margins.
    If Cardiff were a point behind and fewer games to play I bet you'd think it was over right now. Almost all football fans are pessimists because the low of losing is bigger than the high of winning.

Watching the game against Brentford you are right you are starting to look tired especially in the first half where you didn't look like you could keep up with the pace Brentford was playing, have you pretty much stuck with the same 11?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Watching the game against Brentford you are right you are starting to look tired especially in the first half where you didn't look like you could keep up with the pace Brentford was playing, have you pretty much stuck with the same 11?
    Looked on flashscores out of pure boredom, bored myself after searching back 5 games, but they made 1 change in all 5 of them games, so pretty much does look like the same 11.

If Cardiff were a point behind and fewer games to play I bet you'd think it was over right now. Almost all football fans are pessimists because the low of losing is bigger than the high of winning.
    True, I think it's often a self-protection mechanism. But it's of course by no means over yet in reality. They drew a tricky derby game. We hold the advantage but there's still time for more twists and turns.

True, I think it's often a self-protection mechanism. But it's of course by no means over yet in reality. They drew a tricky derby game. We hold the advantage but there's still time for more twists and turns.
    Totally agree. Much stranger things have happened.

Totally agree. Much stranger things have happened.
    well lets hope Millwall put everything into this game and try to win. the next 2 matches for them are Boro and Villa. what a tough end to the season.

This brings up an interesting point I think. If a team is likely to stay in the playoff places, do you want to rest players after such a long season or do you want to try to go in with momentum?
    Rest them they are tired, we have a very good first 11 who play every minute, after the millwall game give them a rest, play the subs etc, rest mitrovic, cairney, sessagnon, and ream these are our match winners

Mind games

It’s just happened, at 4.45 a draw looked on the cards at Norwich that as a huge blow, the final straw was the brentford goal, I think our manager will go for it against millwall, and if we fail, then rest players for last 2 games, I can’t see another twist, can you ?

Forest won last Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Playing the same 11 for weeks, to scared to change a winning team, This result was on the cards