+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Women Dont Get It

Re: Women Dont Get It

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    My wife and 2 daughters have been through it with me.

They've seen my obsession get stronger and stronger since I stopped playing Saturday leagues and as I've gone to more and more aways since my boy started coming and I've organised the coaches.

Each daughter has had years of a season ticket and my middle one has one for next year ( along with my son).

She and her friend and my wife and my mate's wife are all coming to Hull and have been to a few games this year.

They don't understand the intricacies, but they definitely get the importance of it all.
    Your coach a pisshead coach? Want to take my daughter away but never liked the idea of the club's pop and crisps coach..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Your coach a pisshead coach? Want to take my daughter away but never liked the idea of the club's pop and crisps coach..
    PM me and I'll explain 👍

Why wouldn’t you want to go on the supporters club coaches, strange thing to say.

Mine gets it.

I thought she was calling me to tell me it was FT.. all I had was a massive high pitched yesssssss in my ear.

My response could have caused a crash on the m42

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Why wouldn’t you want to go on the supporters club coaches, strange thing to say.
    Not really a strange thing to say, just not the way I want to travel away, if that's ok with you

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Brentford equalise. Me and my son go mental including extreme language. Bang bang from upstairs and told to grow up. They dont get it do they.
    My wife looks annoyed in moments like this as she states its the only time I show anything/anyone any emotion.

I explained its only because its I love the City ?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Oh yeah?

Explain the Offside Rule.....

How to explain the offside rule to the ladies...

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till.

Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire.

Both of you have forgotten your purses. It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes.

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and whilst it is in flight you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes.

Always remembering that until the purse has actually been thrown it would be plain wrong to be forward of the other shopper.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    How to explain the offside rule to the ladies...

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till.

Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire.

Both of you have forgotten your purses. It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes.

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and whilst it is in flight you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes.

Always remembering that until the purse has actually been thrown it would be plain wrong to be forward of the other shopper.

I don't understand the offside rule after reading that. Bloody hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S9KXrRUZqtw
    This was supposed to be a reply to Jamie ccfc!
    that's it

Mrs D is still recovering emotionally from the in house play off celebrations v Palace years ago. It involved a "pitch invasion"..jumping over the sofa and screaming like a lunatic at the tv. Nearly ended up with my head inside the tv as I tripped en route. Followed by jumping up and down like an idiot and nearly headbutting the light fitting plus "aeroplanes" around the living room. Now to me....thats fairly normal and didnt involve bodily injury when celebrating,unlike a few other goal celebrations. To me....its normal. But...some women just dont get it. BTW....shes coming to Hull for her first away😁

Surely better than a coach full of wannabess drinking Carling and sniffing paracetamol.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Surely better than a coach full of wannabess drinking Carling and sniffing paracetamol.
    As if I'd even take her on that type of bus ffs

As if I'd even take her on that type of bus ffs
    Mine gets it. We were in a restaurant in Jackland. She was over at the salad bar I was at the table to nervous to eat praying my phone would beep as my nephew was constantly updating me. Then the word ZOHORE appeared, I shout at the top of my voice "get effin in" She returns to the table mins later, I take it they've scored! Better still, we're in Swansea Grand theatre, Evita about to start, when my phone beeps again 1 - 1 94th min, i'm slapping my elderly dad and fellow season ticket holder on the head and we go crazy. She and my mum going Shhh and audience wondering what's going on!!

Mrs P has zero interest in football and gets fed up with me and my lad constantly talking about it. Whilst you lot are talking promotion possibilities it’s all about relegation permutations in this household

SuperBluebirds91

I don't think it's to do with men or women getting the game. I believe it's what you've grown up with and exposed to as a young un. Obviously as a young boy you are probably going to get the opportunity at school to play football and when I was at school girls did t get the opportunity to and therefore probably didn't get in to it. Also it helps if your parents or brother/sister or mates are into it growing up. I know women who are very knowledgable about their club and football in general. They completely get it! The buzz, the excitement when you're young looking upto your heros on the pitch, the new kit released and training gear....the atmosphere and last but certainly not least the friends and people you meet. Don't get me wrong it's a physical sport and perhaps some women or men don't like the thought of going out getting all muddy on a pitch or standing in the cold watching your team but I do t think it's to do with gender. I don't even think it's a men's sport at all - there are some women out there who are extremely talented footballers given the opportunity to play since young. obbiously there are some women who do not like football and I understand it's preference and no one is the same - just like Im not keen on the cricket or olympics etc.

When growing up my mother, sister and brother were really into football - my dad couldn't stand it all and ought it was a load of nonsense! Lol my mother was the one shouting during the matches etc. I think the bottom line is - you are ever into it or your not no matter the gender
    Last edited by SuperBluebirds91; 15-04-18 at 12:28. Reason: More to add

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Mine gets it. We were in a restaurant in Jackland. She was over at the salad bar I was at the table to nervous to eat praying my phone would beep as my nephew was constantly updating me. Then the word ZOHORE appeared, I shout at the top of my voice "get effin in" She returns to the table mins later, I take it they've scored! Better still, we're in Swansea Grand theatre, Evita about to start, when my phone beeps again 1 - 1 94th min, i'm slapping my elderly dad and fellow season ticket holder on the head and we go crazy. She and my mum going Shhh and audience wondering what's going on!!
    Brilliant

I've done it on the train, or remember once walking round the bay, may have been Fulham we equalised against away actually and I went ****ing bonkers in front of loads of people.. But nothing to top your one

Not really a strange thing to say, just not the way I want to travel away, if that's ok with you
    It’s a bus with Cardiff fans on, mainly families. All very well run and non drinking and smoking. How do you want to travel

It’s a bus with Cardiff fans on, mainly families. All very well run and non drinking and smoking. How do you want to travel
    For one, without you poking your nose in questioning my own choices, love.

I want a little bit of an atmosphere, can't stand happy clappy, and other people's kids can sometimes be a pain in the arse, just a personal choice not to travel that way if that's ok?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My wife looks annoyed in moments like this as she states its the only time I show anything/anyone any emotion.

I explained its only because its I love the City ?
    I've had that since the day we married 40 odd years ago...'you love the City more than me". ......I'm saying nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I've had that since the day we married 40 odd years ago...'you love the City more than me". ......I'm saying nothing!
    My ex Mrs said the same,i replied i Love the Jacks more than you hence shes my ex

My Mrs gets it. She doesn't fully understand what everything means, but she gets how important it is.

For one, without you poking your nose in questioning my own choices, love.

I want a little bit of an atmosphere, can't stand happy clappy, and other people's kids can sometimes be a pain in the arse, just a personal choice not to travel that way if that's ok?

I’m not your love, you patronising twat. You’ve been acting like a pshyco on this thread, get some help before it’s too late

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Brentford equalise. Me and my son go mental including extreme language. Bang bang from upstairs and told to grow up. They dont get it do they.
    I've got 2 daughters who most certainly do get it..... and know a fair few women who do as well. I think what you meant to say is that Mrs Hilts just doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I've got 2 daughters who most certainly do get it..... and know a fair few women who do as well. I think what you meant to say is that Mrs Hilts just doesn't get it.

I did laugh at the what does that mean comments after a win , loss , draw - I get that as well.

I’m not your love, you patronising twat. You’ve been acting like a pshyco on this thread, get some help before it’s too late
    Just read all my replies in this thread, I don't see any psycho behaviour.
    I laughed off the first reply by you, then you kept on and even shrugged, I took offence because to be honest it's really none of your business, that's not psycho, it was wrong of you to question what I do with my daughter and how, it has absolutely nothing to do with you, so if you don't like my tone and patronising maybe you ought to not reply to me with a shrug smiley eh. It hasn't escalated because of me here...

You're probably a very nice woman, and IRL I'm a very nice bloke too as It goes.
    Just took my mother over the hospital and I mentioned this to her, as your reply made me question how I'd dealt with your replies to me, and she said "not really anyone else's business is it?" And we left it at that..says it all for me.