+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wow what a weekend of drama

Wow what a weekend of drama

After last week where the momentum was edging towards Fulham, it turned massively back in Cardiff’s favour, tne Norwich win, was a nail in tne Ffc coffin, but the drama at the cottage put this massively back in Cardiff’s hands, and can’t see anything but Cardiff getting second place, brentford deserved the draw no doubt about it, but we bottled it,had the game won,we tried to defend the lead same way we did against QPR and paid the price, that shows the difference between Fulham and Cardiff, warnocks team would have seen this out, this is the fine margins In this league, I sis say in here last week we would not beat brentford always our bogey team, and we also fail in the play offs. You can’t beat the excitement in tnis league

Re: Wow what a weekend of drama

I think it's a bit harsh on yourself to say you bottled it. Brentford can be a very good side when they fancy it and they clearly fancied it yesterday. I'm sure there will be more twists and turns and I know the play offs are a lottery., but I still think we'll both go up with Wolves. But anything can happen. As you said it's a great division.

Thoughts on the deliberate handball?

I honestly started to hate Mitrovic when he scored AGAIN yesterday and seriously thought you were going to win, even when playing bad.

So relieved Brentford got the point they deserved.

I listened to our game on ifollow with Norwich bias commentary, I am going to watch the game in a little bit as it will he on ifolloe today, and make up my own mind, but it also sounds like we robber Norwich, late equaliser, 2 missed pens 90+, an 86th minute loss to.a wonder strike, and 2 late goals to steal 3 points, who wouldn't be a football fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    After last week where the momentum was edging towards Fulham, it turned massively back in Cardiff’s favour, tne Norwich win, was a nail in tne Ffc coffin, but the drama at the cottage put this massively back in Cardiff’s hands, and can’t see anything but Cardiff getting second place, brentford deserved the draw no doubt about it, but we bottled it,had the game won,we tried to defend the lead same way we did against QPR and paid the price, that shows the difference between Fulham and Cardiff, warnocks team would have seen this out, this is the fine margins In this league, I sis say in here last week we would not beat brentford always our bogey team, and we also fail in the play offs. You can’t beat the excitement in tnis league
    Do you think the unbeaten run is starting to work against you ? It has been an amazing run but is there a risk not changing the team to cope with the run-in ? I hope you slip up at Millwall and possibly against Sunderland for obvious selfish reasons but would hate to see Fulham miss out in playoffs as Fulham deserve something for this run otherwise it has been pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    warnocks team would have seen this out, this is the fine margins In this league
    Against Birmingham and Barnsley at home we very nearly came a cropper despite having establishing decent leads in both.

Interesting to note that Fulham have scored first 29 times, failing to win 9. We've scored first 24 times and only failed to win 2.

Fulham have also held the lead in 37 of their 43 league games this season, more than any other club, but conceded 14 equalisers. We've only conceded 5 equalisers all season.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thoughts on the deliberate handball?

I honestly started to hate Mitrovic when he scored AGAIN yesterday and seriously thought you were going to win, even when playing bad.

So relieved Brentford got the point they deserved.

I listened to our game on ifollow with Norwich bias commentary, I am going to watch the game in a little bit as it will he on ifolloe today, and make up my own mind, but it also sounds like we robber Norwich, late equaliser, 2 missed pens 90+, an 86th minute loss to.a wonder strike, and 2 late goals to steal 3 points, who wouldn't be a football fan.
    In some ways we stole it, but even on the first 85 for all of Norwich's dominance they didn't create an awful lot more than us and we had arguably the best chance.

As usual we finished strongly, bear in mind that by that point we had all 3 of our big goal threats on the pitch - for me that last 10 is the key. So many goals are scored then , so yes it was 'smash and grab', but we shouldn't be to hard on ourselves . Speaking to Norwich fans they agreed that they are a very good side, but have no end product. Poor final balls, decision making and reactions all spoiled their excellent passing and approach work.

Whereas we scramble the ball into the box and show that extra desire and sometimes class to get the goals.

We also defended superbly.

Sometimes people forget that sefending is as much a part of the game as attacking

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Do you think the unbeaten run is starting to work against you ?
    Interesting question. I think that if you've been on an incredible run, quite often one result that doesn't go for you becomes such a shock that it has a knock-on effect. The Arsenal invincibles that went through an entire league season unbeaten were eventually well beaten at Old Trafford and never looked the same since.

Millwall isn't the place to go to bounce back after what will feel like a defeat, that's for certain!

As for Fulham, I thought they might struggle v Brentford as it was a different challenge to play against a side who dominate possession and something Fulham are maybe not so well equipped to deal with,

Friday's game is another intriguing clash and although I'm a bit ashamed to say I'll be a Millwall fan for the night it definitely promises to be another intriguing clash of styles

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    In some ways we stole it, but even on the first 85 for all of Norwich's dominance they didn't create an awful lot more than us and we had arguably the best chance.

As usual we finished strongly, bear in mind that by that point we had all 3 of our big goal threats on the pitch - for me that last 10 is the key. So many goals are scored then , so yes it was 'smash and grab', but we shouldn't be to hard on ourselves . Speaking to Norwich fans they agreed that they are a very good side, but have no end product. Poor final balls, decision making and reactions all spoiled their excellent passing and approach work.

Whereas we scramble the ball into the box and show that extra desire and sometimes class to get the goals.

Sometimes people forget that sefending is as much a part of the game as attacking
    Agreed with all of that.

Zohore's goal reminded me of Pilkington's at Bramall Lane in some respects. It was the first time we'd really won a few headers in and around the edge of the opposition box. Scrappy, but there was that desire to win another header and another header that unsettled and opened up the defence.

As for Fulham, I thought they might struggle v Brentford as it was a different challenge to play against a side who dominate possession and something Fulham are maybe not so well equipped to deal with,

Friday's game is another intriguing clash and although I'm a bit ashamed to say I'll be a Millwall fan for the night it definitely promises to be another intriguing clash of styles
    They hadn't beaten Brentford at home for 28 years. I think they've only played each other 6/7 times during those years, but it's still a long time to go at home.

Agree completely with the point about defending, we work hard, so always in my opinion deserve something from the games we play. The point about smash and grab was because I listened to Norwich commentary, at half time they were saying we offered nothing etc, even though sky's short highlights showed we had The better chances, all my memory of the game is the biased away commentary, I'll watch the full game at some point today on ifollow to make up my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They hadn't beaten Brentford at home for 28 years. I think they've only played each other 6/7 times during those years, but it's still a long time to go at home.
    That’s no Win in 11 for Fulham,