+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This season is so so more exciting than the 2013 season

This season is so so more exciting than the 2013 season

Just feels more real, and indeed more Cardiff City.
    Its fantastic this time i was lazer-faire in that season

Re: This season is so so more exciting than the 2013 season

We're in blue and going up against far more better teams imo if we did get promoted I think it will surpass that season even though we win it

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    The end to that season was as dull as a promotion can be. Summed up well by taking less fans away to Burnley in the last game than we did when promoted from Div 4 to Div 3 in 1988.

Neil is so much more likeable than Malky

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    There was a lot more expectation that season whereas this season everything feels like a bonus.

Also, despite Colin’s team’s being very attritional with a strong defence, Malky’s team was dull to watch. Remember the 0-0 at home to Charlton that got us promoted?

SuperBluebirds91

Agree definitely! Don't get me wrong, I liked the players in the 2013 squad and even liked Malky (apart from the disappointing comments he made). But this season and even last with Warnock at the helm is very exciting! We are in blue which really helps - it's a completely different feeling to when we were playing in red. It just didn't feel right and divided a lot of the fan base which probably didn't help the players. There's a completely different feel to it this time around - the fact that we've spend far less money and we were near enough bottom when Warnock took over 18 months ago! I think Malkys team worked their socks off too like us and he had a lot of passion too but this times its lik the fans are full of passion too (prob because of the return to blue) we are are pushing on as one! If and I say If Warnock gets us up - I believe he will go down as one of our best managers of all time.

The season we got to the league cup final was a fantastic effort, good football, hard working team, success against the odds despite losing in the playoffs to a very good West Ham side.

Our promotion season was far less easy on the eye as we become a defensive team that was a far cry from the team of the previous season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The season we got to the league cup final was a fantastic effort, good football, hard working team, success against the odds despite losing in the playoffs to a very good West Ham side.

Our promotion season was far less easy on the eye as we become a defensive team that was a far cry from the team of the previous season.
    That Blackpool play off season was also incredible and I preferred the team, players and manager to the Championship winning team, but this season is extra extra special - what a team spirit he has created. I loved his post match interview yesterday and his dressing room dust up with Sol

In terms of winning things, 2012/13 was our best league season ever - seems like I'm in minority of one, but I'm not going to write it off by whingeing about it being too dull and how we played in the wrong colour. We were comfortably the best team in the league that season, it's just a shame that we did not build on what was a strong foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In terms of winning things, 2012/13 was our best league season ever - seems like I'm in minority of one, but I'm not going to write it off by whingeing about it being too dull and how we played in the wrong colour. We were comfortably the best team in the league that season, it's just a shame that we did not build on what was a strong foundation.
    Yes that's true, but this season we don't have the infighting in the background over the colour and the sadness that a lot of our friends didn't want to be involved.

There are still a few now, and that's sad, but it feels united at the games
    , especially away where the togetherness has been fantastic this year.

I liked Malky while he was here, a lot. But Warnock is special and it's also great that he seems to rub almost every one of our opponents up the wrong way.

This also feels totally against the odds

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That Blackpool play off season was also incredible and I preferred the team, players and manager to the Championship winning team, but this season is extra extra special - what a team spirit he has created. I loved his post match interview yesterday and his dressing room dust up with Sol
    Dust up with Sol? I missed that interview

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Dust up with Sol? I missed that interview
    Look up Norwich City Pink Un post match - 4 or 5 min interview with Neil. Found it on You Tube

It’s more exciting because it’s not certain. 2013 we won by a canter and should have probably won by more. It was all too easy then.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Look up Norwich City Pink Un post match - 4 or 5 min interview with Neil. Found it on You Tube
    I love Warnock me.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/c...nock-1-5476863

'Lazer-faire' Mon petit pois Rodney

This season is a thousand times better than 2013 - the red nonsense spoilt everything as it just didn't feel right and it wasn't right

To me the last promotion was what I imagine it would feel like to be an armchair fan. You’d be glad for the team, but your hearts really not in it.
    If we do get promoted this season it would feel totally different in every way to me, in terms of enjoyment it would be up there with 93.

My feeling was that we had a foundation built on grit and being defensively strong. We had no flair or pace in that team and, crucially, didn't bring any in during the summer after promotion. This current team has far more about it in the attacking third and arguably has a stronger foundation, though we need midfielders who can keep hold of the ball. This season's tactics won't work in the top flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    To me the last promotion was what I imagine it would feel like to be an armchair fan. You’d be glad for the team, but your hearts really not in it.
    If we do get promoted this season it would feel totally different in every way to me, in terms of enjoyment it would be up there with 93.

Turner retained. Hudson, Conway, Cowie discarded. Seemed no 'football-based' policy on recruitment, just a random who's who of footballers who nobody else wanted. Plus, of course 3 Danes [or were they Norwegians..]

So to finish off this seasons excitement, Cardiff 3 points clear last game of the season, Same goal difference as Fulham and reading need to win to stay up. And reading are winning 1-0, last minute pen to Cardiff, ��

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    So to finish off this seasons excitement, Cardiff 3 points clear last game of the season, Same goal difference as Fulham and reading need to win to stay up. And reading are winning 1-0, last minute pen to Cardiff, ��
    You bastard - I'll have nightmares about that now!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You bastard - I'll have nightmares about that now!
    Ha ha. Love the reply

My feeling was that we had a foundation built on grit and being defensively strong. We had no flair or pace in that team and, crucially, didn't bring any in during the summer after promotion. This current team has far more about it in the attacking third and arguably has a stronger foundation, though we need midfielders who can keep hold of the ball. This season's tactics won't work in the top flight.
    If we did get up, I'd love us to sign Ryan Woods at Brentford, or someone like that. Obviously we can't afford the likes of Tom Cairney etc but I'm sure Warnock has a list of targets for both divisions.

Mum, Dad, can we go to the Lazer fair?

Ryan Woods. Problem solved