+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOILETT GOAL v NORWICH

HOILETT GOAL v NORWICH

Even a few Norwich fans give it a clap, very happy Cardiff fans giving great support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iY1bZkmDRM

Kens goal from a great angle too,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wamt_rCboPk

Re: HOILETT GOAL v NORWICH

2 things about that Zohore goal

- How well has Morrison done to win both those headers ?

- I wouldn't have been happy if that was our goalkeeper getting beaten like that !

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

- I wouldn't have been happy if that was our goalkeeper getting beaten like that !
    If Messi had scored that goal it would be greatest in history!

Agreed.

It's a shame there's only 1 camera angle. It would be interesting to see it from different angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed.

It's a shame there's only 1 camera angle. It would be interesting to see it from different angles.
    Did you watch the whole clip Eric, it shows it from the touchline/ corner also? Very good finish.

Another thing

Great throw from gunnarsson, I always said he would bust a gut for us

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Did you watch the whole clip Eric, it shows it from the touchline/ corner also? Very good finish.
    Ah, great stuff. Thanks

I only saw the highlights on Channel 5. It also begs the question of why Middlesbrough vs Bristol City was their 3pm game of the day, conveniently ignoring the automatic promotion race, but that's for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Another thing

Nice arm waving as well, that'll please Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Another thing

Those who have been knocking him this past week, whilst some criticism may be justified in areas, seem to forget that his throws are a pretty potent weapon.

Although it might not be pretty, it does allow us to test the opposition aerially in their own box and force teams to go on the defensive.

With our own aerial prowess in the side, Gunnar's throws can be as effective as lofted free kicks into the box or corners and made the difference yesterday.

Great shot of the Norwich bench after Zohores goal. Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Those who have been knocking him this past week, whilst some criticism may be justified in areas, seem to forget that his throws are a pretty potent weapon.

Although it might not be pretty, it does allow us to test the opposition aerially in their own box and force teams to go on the defensive.

With our own aerial prowess in the side, Gunnar's throws can be as effective as lofted free kicks into the box or corners and made the difference yesterday.
    Unless they head it out, like happens a lot.
    I will criticise him and his inclusion unless he rips the pitch up, as I think him in over grujic is a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Unless they head it out, like happens a lot.
    Before the goal on Saturday, that thought entered my head - 'here we go again, long throw, it'll be headed out, when did we last score from one?' Then we score!

Before the goal on Saturday, that thought entered my head - 'here we go again, long throw, it'll be headed out, when did we last score from one?' Then we score!
    I listened to the majority of the game sat in the bath, so I was pretty relaxed, but them commentators didn't help a lot. In was also questioning the use of the long throw into the box (I get it being used up the line) I don't mind it as it goes, just not every single time.
    Was pretty happy when we scored after one mind

Hopefully now that goal will give him some confidence after his lull in our last few games. Brilliant effort

Whilst I am not over enthusiastic on the tactic either, it does ensure that the opposition has to defend it properly, usually drawing more players into areas they'd rather not be and less risk of hurting us.

lol - like everyone else then!

Agreed.

From where I was stood it looked like the Norwich keeper left a huge gap as he went to cover a potential cross, Len made him look a mug

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    From where I was stood it looked like the Norwich keeper left a huge gap as he went to cover a potential cross, Len made him look a mug
    It was very clever. Zohore's intention was to cross it, then in an instant he noticed a defender getting into position to intercept it. Spotting the keeper starting to move likewise he spotted a potential gap. Split second precision and timing. Super goal.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Len who?
    Fairclough

Slight difference in tactic on Saturday. Instead of Morrison going to the front post Madine and later Patterson went there, Morrison then went more central where he had a bit more room.

It was clearly more effective and another use for Madine who's the nearest thing we've got to Morrison in terms of winning headers in the box

Slight difference in tactic on Saturday. Instead of Morrison going to the front post Madine and later Patterson went there, Morrison then went more central where he had a bit more room.

It was clearly more effective and another use for Madine who's the nearest thing we've got to Morrison in terms of winning headers in the box
    Nice to hear Madine was useful on Saturday.
    Some of the crap I've read on social media is mental. Warnock credits him with doing the hard yards for Zohore to face a battered pair of centre backs and pick up the cream.

Nice to hear Madine was useful on Saturday.
    Some of the crap I've read on social media is mental. Warnock credits him with doing the hard yards for Zohore to face a battered pair of centre backs and pick up the cream.
    This is from my post, last week, "OUR NEIL" must have read it

Norwich will be expecting the "same old, same old", NML, Hoilett and Zohore.

Why not mix it up and start with Wildschut, Madine and Pilks. Batter the shit out of 'um, then when their defenders are f ucked bring on the pace players and go for the jugular.

We're to predictable some times.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Why not mix it up and start with Wildschut, Madine and Pilks. Batter the shit out of 'um, then when their defenders are f ucked bring on the pace players and go for the jugular.

Congratulations you got 1 our of 3. Not sure what you are celebrating here Tony

Can't be arsed to look as it may not have been on here, but I was also very happy to see Madine included. I've said plenty of times to start him to tire out defenders, and bring on Zohore to run at tired legs. I haven't banged on about it, or asked for any messageboard award for suggesting it though.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Congratulations you got 1 our of 3. Not sure what you are celebrating here Tony

Can't be arsed to look as it may not have been on here, but I was also very happy to see Madine included. I've said plenty of times to start him to tire out defenders, and bring on Zohore to run at tired legs. I haven't banged on about it, or asked for any messageboard award for suggesting it though.
    Where's Mrs Steve R when you want her. ?

Where's the "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, smiley